Philips GC9630/20 PerfectCare Elite Steam Generator Iron with Optimal Temperature and 420g Steam Boost, 1.8 Litre, 2400 W, 6.7 Bar, Navy

Steam pressure / continuous steam output. More steam = faster results Maximum 6.5 bars, 120 g/min Maximum 6.7 bars, 120 g/min Maximum 6.7 bars, 135 g/min Maximum 7.2 bars, 145 g/min Maximum 7.5 bars, 150 g/min
Steam boost – targets deep set creases 420 g 450 g 470 g 490 g 500 g
Additional steam benefits Ideal for vertically steaming curtains and hanging garments. Powerful silent steam for use in front of the TV Ideal for vertically steaming curtains and hanging garments. Powerful silent steam for use in front of the TV Ideal for vertically steaming curtains and hanging garments Ideal for vertically steaming curtains and hanging garments. Powerful silent steam for use in front of the TV Ideal for vertically steaming curtains and hanging garments. Powerful silent steam for use in front of the TV
Water tank: bigger = longer steam time. Detachable = easy fill 1.8 L detachable 2.5 L 1.8 L detachable 1.8 L detachable 1.8 L detachable
Weight of iron / total weight of iron + steam generating base Light 1.2 Kg / ultra compact and light 3.2 Kg Ultra-light 0.8 Kg / regular 4.2 Kg Ultra-light 0.8 Kg / regular 5.1 Kg Ultra-light 0.8 Kg / regular 5.1 Kg Ultra-light 0.8 Kg / regular 5.1 Kg
Heat up time – ready to use 2 minutes 2 minutes 2 minutes 2 minutes 2 minutes
Power cord – distance from power socket 1.8 m 1.8 m 1.8 m 1.8 m 1.8 m
Temperature settings One perfect setting (OptimalTEMP) for all ironable fabrics, no fabric burn guarantee One perfect setting (OptimalTEMP) for all ironable fabrics, no fabric burn guarantee One perfect setting (OptimalTEMP) for all ironable fabrics, no fabric burn guarantee One perfect setting (OptimalTEMP) for all ironable fabrics, no fabric burn guarantee One perfect setting (OptimalTEMP) for all ironable fabrics, no fabric burn guarantee
Soleplate design SteamGlide Ceramic. 5 star glide. 4 star scratch resistance T-ionicGlide Ceramic. 5 star glide. 5 star scratch resistance T-ionicGlide Ceramic. 5 star glide. 5 star scratch resistance T-ionicGlide Ceramic. 5 star glide. 5 star scratch resistance T-ionicGlide Ceramic. 5 star glide. 5 star scratch resistance
Cleaning extends lifetime of iron Smart calc clean with light and sound reminder, takes 2 minutes to clean, scale collector in box Easy Decalc Release, with light reminder, takes less than 1 minute to clean Easy Decalc Plus with light reminder, takes less than 1 minute to clean Easy Decalc Plus with light reminder, takes less than 1 minute to clean Easy Decalc Plus with light reminder, takes less than 1 minute to clean

Dimensions: 23.3 x 28.5 x 45.3 cm; 5.1 Kilograms
Brand: Philips
Model: GC9630/20
Colour: Navy
Colour: Navy

1. Ashley Spiker says:

Having received this iron decided to give it a real test over three hours
    1: Easy to fill
    2: noise whilst heating the water is expected
    3: iron glides over shirts in a breeze whether thick cotton or lighter fabrics.
    4: No more dropping work shirts off at the cleaners.

Great product and with the large discount was able to purchase at 199

We bought this to replace a Bosch one that stopped working properly less than a year on. Had a Morphy Richards version before then that lasted about 6 years. This is bar by the easiest iron to use. Blasts through the ironing really quickly. Steam boost works really well. The iron itself is really lightweight, By far the best iron I’ve ever had – worth the extra investment if you have a family and constantly have ironing to do.

3. JaiAlfarov says:

I’ve had a Philips Perfect Care before so I knew what to expect. The iron performs perfectly well but while heating water to make steam (about every 30 seconds), the unit rattles at an unacceptable level. This is usually an expected rumble sound but on this one, a rattle too!

4. Hollie Francesca Bradbury says:

So far super happy. Make ironing not a pain anymore
    Let’s see how much will las

So far super happy. Make ironing not a pain anymore
    Let’s see how much will las

So far super happy. Make ironing not a pain anymore
    Let’s see how much will las

8. Shelly Oakley says:

Excellent, lightweight, effective steam iron. Water in tank lasts longer than I expected. Can power through ironing. Need a surface near ironing board to place the base. Need to rethink positioning items on board before you press steam jet, to avoid burning yourself.

10. GildaBaragwanat says:

I had a Braun one before, to be fair it was 100 so couldn’t expect much of it
    I would say this makes my ironing go faster with less effect
    My only con is the water runs out too fast in the tank which didn’t with
    My previous iro

11. BuddyQ29xtknkv says:

I had a Braun one before, to be fair it was 100 so couldn’t expect much of it
    I would say this makes my ironing go faster with less effect
    My only con is the water runs out too fast in the tank which didn’t with
    My previous iro

12. Lara says:

I haven’t used this yet but my wife (no gender sensitive stereotyping intended) says it is the best Steam iron she has used and glides through the clothes. I will use the iron soon as my serviceman background dictates. It looks good, feels good, and very ligh

Pushed the boat out and spent more than I had intended but worth it. “It doesn’t take the chore out of ironing but makes it easier.” Quote from my wife. I’ve never used it myself as I’m hopeless and can’t be trusted running a bath so mixing water, electricity and heat in one vessel would Defford be a hospital job. I’m the type of bloke who would answer the iron if the phone rang.

The iron is perfect recommended by a friend but it really does iron well.

17. jacklee says:

The iron is perfect recommended by a friend but it really does iron well.