Bosch 0600849G70 AHS 55-20 LI Cordless Hedgecutter, 550 mm blade length, 20 mm tooth opening (1 battery pack)

Powerful, cordless performance for the effortless trimming of medium-sized hedges

The AHS 55-20 LI is perfect for trimming medium-sized hedges. It features Bosch Quick-Cut Technology that ensures clean cuts every time. A powerful 18 V Lithium-ion battery provides cordless mobility with an optimal power performance. Its multi-position front handle enables convenient and comfortable working in any position. A 55 cm blade with 20-mm tooth opening and the Bosch Anti-Blocking System enables powerful and continuous cutting without the risk of stalls. It has a blade-tip saw for branches of up to 25 mm wide and a blade tip protector for the safe cutting along walls and paths.

Weight: 1 kg
Dimensions: 25 x 20 x 102 cm; 1 Kilograms
Model: 0600849G70
Part: 0600849G71
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: Yes
Batteries Included: Lithium Ion
Manufacture: Bosch
Quantity: 1

1. [email protected] Douglas Wolfe says:

A brilliant hedge cutter. Lightweight and really easy ,even for me an elderly lady to use. The battery is easily charged and remains charged for a long time- my arms got tired and the battery was still charged.

2. ChesterWhitacre says:

Only downside is it only comes with the one battery so you have to stop for 1/2hr and re charge every now and then (but not as often as i expected). otherwise i’m happily cutting back everything!

3. HeatherBorges says:

Very light, no fear to cut the lead, I am very happy with the purchase

4. StevenCGAX says:

Very light, no fear to cut the lead, I am very happy with the purchase

5. AhmedJohann says:

Perfect product. Not too heavy and easy to use.
    Trimmed an unsightly shrub easily – only 8 more to do!

Love this easy to use and light to hold trying to register the guarantee but that is proving difficul

7. AmberChuter says:

There is nothing negative I can write about this product. Wish I’d bought it sooner.
    Light, easy to use straight out of box, easily manoeuvrable and decent battery. Managed to do 3 big hedges off one charge.
    Considering getting spare battery as they work with lots of other Bosch products

Battery life excellent..I could not find out how long battery is rated to last for but I must have used this for 3 hours before having to put it on the charge again. Lightweight and surprisingly makes a short job of trimming hedges.

9. Outlaw Vern says:

Early days, but it seems to do all I need

10. KayleigSkertchl says:

If you’ve used hedgeclippers before, it’s simplicity itself, to use these ones.
    (Just remember to charge the battery before use!)
    Light weight, not too long… or short… pretty good charge length.
    Oh! And it uses a *standard* Lithium-based battery pack… so I’m not going to end up in the same situation I had with my last one (it used a proprietary NiMH battery pack), when I have to replace it.

I’m happy. 🙂

11. KristalBequette says:

Love this, my mum has a other brand and so much harder to use.

12. ChristiZug says:

Love this, my mum has a other brand and so much harder to use.

Love this, my mum has a other brand and so much harder to use.

Excellent product. Lightweight and cuts very cleanly. Arrived very quickly.

15. LatriceN91 says:

Light weight, quiet, easy to use. Manages a hornbeam hedge no problem. Battery easily has enough to do 200m of hedge.

This product is a lightweight machine that cuts through hedges effortlessly.
    Very sharp blades that do not jam if a twig gets caught.

17. KurtAskewjmibv says:

Very efficient, does cut through small branches.
    Battery life fabulous
    I can’t rate manoeuvrability, because that’s my body not the machine.. it is a flat straight ridged machine.
    I would buy again.
    NB Dry before putting away, the blade rusted in first session, but I didn’t dry it… so my faul

This product is a lightweight machine that cuts through hedges effortlessly.
    Very sharp blades that do not jam if a twig gets caught.

19. CristinFLO says:

This product is a lightweight machine that cuts through hedges effortlessly.
    Very sharp blades that do not jam if a twig gets caught.

20. DallasRMWiwb says:

I have a mixed greenery hedge which is quite hard to cut, this went through it no problem. After cutting through the wire for the fourth time I knew I had to go cordless, the charge on this trimmer lasted much longer than I thought so easy to use and as I’m in my seventies weight was a big factor, although a bit heavier than my old corded one after a few minutes you get used to it .I would not go back to corded.

Product was easy to use, it cut a pyracantha hedge easily and quickly. It didn’t “chew” up the bush.

I was undecided between a Bosch and another famous name that was exceptionally recommended but 75 dearer. However , having both a Bosch drill and screwdriver powered by their batteries (I seem to have 5), I went for this. I wanted lightweight, powerful and clever. This fulfils it’s promise.
    I made light of a 12ft x 12ft high hedge and it looks professionally done. The clever bit is that it cuts thick twigs/branches, and if it can’t, it reverse ferrets so it doesn’t jam. Amazing. Then it has another snip, a bit harder, usually succeeding!and I was shocked at its capabilities. Keep fingers well clear.
    I do not regret buying this at all, and it arrived mid day Amazon prime on a Saturday.

Bought these after my electric set gave up the ghost. I was anxious about whether these would be up to the job but needn’t have worried. Used them to trim a 120 foot x 8 foot beech hedge and they made a great job of it. Pleasantly surprised at the thickness of stem they went through fairly easily. Worth saying that I only did 1 side and all of the top as I’d managed to do the other side with my electric one before it packed up but the battery I bought separately was still going strong.
    The length of cut is ideal and it is lightweight enough to not make you feel that your arms are ready to drop off by the end. I found that the multiple trigger points were useful as it allowed me to hold the trimmer at different angles without it stopping on me as my I moved my hand around the handle.
    I completely missed the fact that it was a bare unit so had to buy a battery and charger separately but the trimmer itself is excellent and if you already have the battery and charger I’d fully recommend this but if not perhaps look at getting everything in a single order as it may well work out cheaper.

24. shopblogs411 says:

Lightweight without being flimsy, sturdy, holds is position well, does the job. Still newly acquired but seems to charge its battery well and the blades do not snag the hedge but cut cleanly. Lived up to expectations. Warmly recommend as suitable for older men/women pensioners.

25. OOYKourtne says:

I have huge hedges that hzve some thick branches. I bought this for the trimming rather than the cutting but it coped well wih thicker branches well and lasted well too. A battery tool will never be man enough to do the more overgrown hedges with ease but this one copes and is a good fine cut to do the neat trimming. I use a bigger extended reach mains Bosch for the main cutting.

I was sceptical about this as the reviews are so mixed but I’ve found it absolutely brilliant.
    It’s light , easy to use , not that noisy and surprisingly powerful. The battery charge lasts for ages . It’s become invaluable .

Yes I’m well leased with this product. Does what it states on advert, it’s battery life is good I have a lot of trees and bush/ shrubs/hedges around my place. Trimmed them all up and battery still good over an hour’s work. Five stars from me. a good strong and lightweight product.

Germany

Habe mich zum Kauf dieser Heckenschere aufgrund von Tests und Bewertungen entschieden und bin bisher nicht enttuscht worden. Das Gert ist leicht und schneidet sauber, auch ste bis zu 1,5 cm. Mit dem
    2,5 Ah Akku konnte ich mhelos 1 Std. schneiden. Ich kann die Heckenschere weiter empfehlen.

29. UgojaIngraham says:

Great to handel and it does the job you are doing with being lightweigh

Great to handel and it does the job you are doing with being lightweigh

Great to handel and it does the job you are doing with being lightweigh

Great to handel and it does the job you are doing with being lightweigh

33. Kraig67Lfh says:

Great to handel and it does the job you are doing with being lightweigh

The product is a joy to use. So much easier than having an attached electrical cord! However, have only used less than an hour. The caveat is that I am a little wary of the quality of Bosch products these days. I also wonder about the long term life of the battery but, so far, it is delivering better than half-an-hour of hard use. However, time will tell on both these little concerns.

35. MarisaJcdacvchg says:

Does the job well and seems to have good battery life too. Good purchase

36. AlicaZealdh says:

Easy to use light battery lasts long enough too do my large hedge very impressed

38. KarenTressler says:

41. ThedaRyanhid says:

Did as expected..it cuts out frequently with branches getting stuck between the blades, and is not suitable for any heavy work, but fine for a basic garden.

This trimmer have proved to be considerably more effective than I was expecting for cordless device. Clearly not as powerful as corded version but even with 2.5Ah battery, my arms grow tired before its battery runs out (and that not because its heavy either!).

43. MaximilEBN says:

Germany

Habe keinen Vergleich zu anderen. Da ich die Passenden Akkus schon hatte wurde es diese Bosch Heckenschere. Mit Akkus wre mir das Gert aber eindeutig zu teuer gewesen! Ansonsten bin ich sehr zufrieden mit dem Gert, ich schneide damit meine Koniferenhecke. Die Astsge Funktion an der Spitze ist dabei sehr hilfreich fr strkere ste.

44. ShereeThurman says:

Lightweight, long battery life and sliced through our hedges without blinking!

45. WSZDoreenb says:

Only used once so far but initially impressed! Light weight, manoeuvrable and easy to use, battery even lasted longer than I thought! Would probably only use it on young growth for hedging, pyracantha etc. and use my corded more powerful one for anything more substantial.

46. AsaBoddiebmctp says:

Haven’t tried yet 100% but it is solid and yet very light. Holding is perfect and it allows nice cuts for long time.

48. MajorTPXSdtncns says:

Cuts better than my much heavier petrol trimmer. Took me a while to figure out the last 10cm are for cutting through small branches. Cuts through very thick privet. Did 24mtr hedge 3mtr high and still had charge. Recommend for people who like a lighter machine. Glad I bought it. 5 stars all round