ECOVACS Robotics DEEBOT N79S Robot Vacuum Cleaner- High Suction with Beater Brush, Auto Self-Charging, Drop Sensor, Alexa & App Connect, works On Hard Floor & Carpet – 2 Year Warranty

DEEBOT N79S vs DEEBOT OZMO 920
N79S N8+ O920
Navigation Technology Random dToF Smart Navi 3.0
Cleaning Mode Auto, Spot, Edge, Single room Auto, Area, Custom Auto, Area, Custom
Vacuum/Mop Vacuum Vacuum & Mop Vacuum & Mop
Vacuum Power Adjustment 2 Levels 3 Levels 2 Levels
Product Height 78mm 93mm 93mm
Working Time 90-120mins / 2600mAh 110mins / 3200mAh 110mins / 2600mAh
Dust Bin Capacity 520ml 420ml+2.5L Auto-Empty Station 430 ml
Control Type APP/Alexa/Google+ APP/Alexa/Google+ APP/Alexa/Google+
Time Scheduling
Virtual Boundary Y (APP) Y (APP)

Dimensions: 33 x 33 x 7.8 cm; 3.56 Kilograms
Brand: ECOVACS
Colour: Bronze Metallic
Colour: Bronze Metallic

Update:
    Recently deebot had a malfunction with the driver wheel, customer service was second to none with reply time & suggestions on how to fix, but unfortunately nothing worked and ecovacs arranged collection for repair, it was super easy! Just print label and drop off at collection point.
    Although it was only a short time that I had Deebot (3wks) I was completely lost without him all in all it took 2.5wks for his return but I’m happy to say he is working away making my life so much easier! After my experience with ecovacs customer service & repair I would have no hesitation in recommending or purchasing from again
    The best purchase of the decade!

Ive had deebot for nearly a week, and he’s been put to work twice a day, upstairs mainly carpet and down stairs mainly tiles and wood flooring and its an absolutely brilliant little machine, yeah it goes randomly around the place, but when you go to check, your floors are clean and at an affordable price! Every morning I wake up to clean floors do yourself a favour and get one
    My BEST BUY of the Decade!! I just love it, and would already feel lost without i

Update:
    The best purchase of the decade!

Update:
    The best purchase of the decade!

4. DaciaBooth says:

Easy to get up and running, easy to charge, and easy to empty and maintain. Deebot has been a great little addition to our household. Successfully lifts pet hairs dropped by my cat and Irish Red Setter, and crumbs dropped by my kids. Slightly noisier than I expected but not so noisy that it’s an issue. I bought this as my son is disproportionately scared of the noise that a regular vacuum cleaner makes but this one doesn’t bother him. In fact, he likes to watch it move around. Had to create a new channel on my broadband router in order to use the app but that was easier than i thought it would be. Would definitely recommend.

Deebot, or Toby as he gets called (for obvious reason) is great! Tireless enough to vacuum for 90 mins he gets on while I’m doing things I actually want to. Small enough to go under beds and low furniture he gets where I wouldn’t bother. He does do a midnight clean, even though I’ve reset to factory settings but there is an off switch. What makes the difference for me is my floors get cleaned much more frequently so everything looks and is cleaner than a once-a-week vacuum.

Added bonus is watching the cats’ reactions. Toby uses the Mr Magoo driving method, randomly bumping (or sensing) objects. He does the edges really well. Easy to clean. Just sweep out the box and brush the filters every so often. The roller only needs cleaning if it picks up long hair etc.

Spare parts. I got a set of 4 x rotary brushes, 2 x filters, 1 x roller and a cleaning tool for under12. They look fine and cheaper than the 54 official set. His brushes get a bit splayed. I just twist them and peg in place for an hour. Good as new. Don’t think I’ll need those spare parts for ages yet.

A definite YES from me. Worth waiting for a sale. I paid 129 just after Xmas.

Great little cleaner does the job I don't want, and does it well!

7. VanessaKirtley says:

A definite YES from me. Worth waiting for a sale. I paid 129 just after Xmas.

Great little cleaner does the job I don't want, and does it well!

A definite YES from me. Worth waiting for a sale. I paid 129 just after Xmas.

Great little cleaner does the job I don't want, and does it well!

9. Consumerist says:

Very pleased with this product, it is preforming very well and is so easy to set up, the motor seems very strong and has no problem hopping over saddle boards or up onto thick rugs, the suction is very strong and keeps the floors nice and clean.
    Becareful of animals tho as sometimes it won’t see there littel paws and ram right into them, also watch out for certain types of furniture as it may mark or scratche it from riding up on it or bumping into it.
    Overall a fantastic product at a great price

Overall a fantastic product at a great price

11. Real Run Reviewers says:

I must admit, I was sceptical – but got a good deal and I’m a lazy whatsit… so thought I’d give it a go!

I’m very impressed so far. I moved into a new flat recently, and have discovered that perhaps it wasn’t *entirely* my ex-girlfriend’s fault that brown hairs were everywhere in the place we shared! The Deebot takes care of that well, and the amount of dust it picks up is phenomenal. It’s a little bit haphazard with it’s directional sense, but then so is Jordan Ayew – and I’d have to pay about 3m up front and then 50k a week if I wanted him to vacuum the place.

All in all, very happy with this mercurial little dust buster so far. So much cheaper than having a girlfriend – and it never makes me watch rubbish documentaries on Netflix.

12. YvonneDellinger says:

13. BobWhatley says:

14. Duvessa says:

I was persuaded to buy one of these by my son but I was hesitant because I thought it was gimmicky! However, after 3 months use I can say that they are a brilliant invention. We have two cats and one dog and this is a 7 people household so you can imagine there is a lot of dust and hair and this gadget is a huge help in keeping the place clean, it is set to go around twice a day and I can never believe the amount of hair and stuff it picks up. This was true from the first day when I had hoovered carefully 4 hours before its maiden voyage.
    But be aware that after just 3 months of use, Oddbod as we call him developed a fault and would not go more than 20 seconds without stopping and beeping. So the manual told us that it was 4 beeps a MAIN BRUSH MALFUNCTION which persisted even though we did a thorough clean out. Reading other reviews, it seemed that we were likely to face a torturous and probably unsuccessful effort to get a refund other buyers who were successful in getting their money back were told to just purchase another Deebot. I paid 129 for mine, now they are retailing at 210.
    Anyway, youtube Ecovacs Deebot N79 Main Brush Error Fix – Four Beeps, Erik Komurek gives a great demonstration in how to clean the part that causes this problem. It takes about 45 mins but really works and my Deebot is back in full operation. It was probably headed for the bin otherwise.

15. Nick Hastings says:

UPDATE
    So it is now 3 months since we had to do the Main Brush Error Fix – Four Beeps and Oddbod is going strong with no further problems but what I have taken from this is that you really must keep this thing clean. Now I try to make sure and check it every day so not just emptying it out but cleaning the brushes as well. When it developed its fault, the main brush was really bound up with hair and thread etc. Don’t let that happen and it probably won’t develop that main brush error. We’ll see.
    People have commented here that keeping it clean is an overhead but it really only takes about 2 minutes to do a good clean out. Worth it for all the work Oddbod gets done!

UPDATE

You definitely need one of these if you share your house with dogs or cats. I’m amazed at what it picks up. Can get stuck on door saddles and tends to go into certain rooms in the house over and over on auto mode and leaves others out. Needs to be kept clean and an eye kept on what may be laying around your floor. This hoover gets stuck on phone wires socks, makes so much noise if it tries to suck up money. I really love this as I can let it hoover away while I clean elsewhere

The robot is used every day to clean both the ground floor and the 1st floor of a 3 bed semi. It is very effective on carpets and laminate floors. It is very easy to use, light to move and collects amazing amounts of dust every day. It is low so goes under sofas and beds; a simple wooden block can be added to the feet of furniture if necessary to raise it a little.
    I would monitor it for the first few outings as it can get snagged on stray cords from carpets or curtains, or stuck under an uneven piece of furniture. It this happens it just bleeps and then stops. Once your space is robot friendly it can be programmed to work every day. I set it for 6am so when I come down the ground floor is immaculate.
    It is good with flat rugs and door mats but does not get on with long straggly rugs. Another review called it ‘life changing’ and to my amazement I totally agree.
    I would recommend the basic model as it’s lightness and simplicity are valuable qualities.

20. GSOTerakjtgktei says: