FLSUN Q5 Entry-Level Delta 3D Printer with Auot-Leveling,Touch Screen Support,Φ200x200mm Printing Size …

FLSUN Q5 3d printer

FLSUN Q5 Delta 3d printer Lattice platform:Excellent adhesion, easy removal and durable.Can be heated up to 110℃Auto-leveling systemResume Printing

Weight: 8 kg
Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 60 cm; 8 Kilograms
Model: FLSUN-Q5-Delta
Part: FLSUN-DELTA-Q5
Colour: Black
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: FLSUN
Colour: Black
Dimensions: 30 x 30 x 60 cm; 8 Kilograms
Quantity: 1

United States

Ordered this after ordering and sending back an Ender 3 in frustration. This unit was out of the box and worked within 20 mins and with no issues, very easy to put together.

Printed about 10 things so far with various colors and all turned out as expected.

The only complaint’s I have is the engineering design of the Micro SD card slot placement and not being flush to the faceplate panel inside which sometimes you can slide it in thinking it’s in the slot but it’s actually above or below the slot and may fall into the unit. I fixed this by ordering a Micro SD to SD Card Extension Cable Adapter Flexible Extender, and the other is the included cloud server/USB connection software to avoid using the micro SD card slot, it’s clunky and forces you to be connected to their services to use the USB connection. I’m reviewing the use of Octoprint with my spare Raspberry PI now to bypass the use of theirs and to add a camera to watch it from my bedroom for long-time-span creations. For these two items, they lost a star.

2. Leif8444fydl says:

United States

I really like the fact that it is user friendly. Much easier than the other brand i tried but could never get to work.I would definitely recommend.

An excellent little (well, little in footprint, not height!) Printer. Perfect for entry level people, or those like myself who don’t enjoy the hassle of levelling an Ender 3 V2 for hours on end.

This printer has a very good auto-level function, built in with only the sensor to clip on magnetically and plug in. It tells you when to do this and when to take it off too.

Instructions for assembly are not very good though, as a lot of Chinese originating products. They do have PDFs on the SD card supplied, but I found it easier looking on YouTube.

The printer does very good quality, and is a fair bit faster than normal/Non-Delta FDM printers. I do recommend keeping the print speed at 50-60mm/s minimum, otherwise it can struggle a bit at slower speeds. Great quality at those speeds.

The extruder is very good, if a bit noisy on 7mm+ retraction. The machine can handle feeding in and feeding out the filament with a dedicated program/tool for changing over filaments, which I was surprised that other, more expensive printers don’t have usually (you have to wind the filament in and out manually, which can be an issue at times).

One annoying thing about it is that the supplied spool holder is too narrow for “True” 1KG spools, which are wider. You can find a longer one to print on Cults3D though, just search for FLSUN Q5 Spool holder, and it should come up with a few choices 🙂

Overall, this is a very fun and cost effective printer, I’ve printed a lot more on it than my Ender 3 V2, purely because it is so much easier to just set and go, no faffing around with levelling wheels for hours and then finding out you did it wrong on one corner!

ADVICE: When you auto level, the hot-end will always be at least 1mm too high up at the end. YOU MUST RESET/CALIBRATE THE Z AXIS=0 VALUE AFTER EACH LEVEL. (Though the machine does tell you to do this, but you can accidentally skip this step if you don’t pay attention). 🙂

5. AaliyahMKKO says:

6. Peggy the Primal Parent says:

Dipping my toe and purchased my first delts (been using my Ender 3 for many years) and couldn’t be happier. took all of 20 mins to set up and get the first print on the go. The only drawback (if it is one) is the print bed is very grippy to the point I took some of the coating off!.
    If you are a beginner or expert, you are going to love this printer.

7. Allie Schratz says:

If you are a beginner or expert, you are going to love this printer.

If you are a beginner or expert, you are going to love this printer.

9. BellAdairfri says:

It’s a good printer, if you’re weighing up whether to go for a cheap cartesian or a delta, this is one of the good choices, had no problems building it and no problems on the first print.

Drawbacks of a delta: not quite as smooth on the walls, and you can’t level while printing.

Other than the above, a solid printer, well worth the money.

Other than the above, a solid printer, well worth the money.

Other than the above, a solid printer, well worth the money.

Other than the above, a solid printer, well worth the money.

13. AlejandroLamar says:

Everything you need to get started with 3D Printing. Had it set up and printing its first test model within an hour. Instructions are very basic but they do the job of getting the thing put together, there’s some great out of the box setup videos on Youtube to help you get set up first time, couldn’t be any easier. It comes with two test models on the included SD card and a variety of tools (Allen keys, screwdriver, mini wrench, zip ties, USB SD reader, USB Cable, snips and a scraper), like I said, everything you need and you’ll struggle to get a better printer cheaper, the price is amazing. Would recommend ordering yourself a roll of filament when you buy as the one included is only a sample size and won’t last you long. Print quality is great and im sure the printer is capable of even better once you get confident in tweaking settings in your slicer and what not. On the SD card is an old version of CURA to get you started if you have STL files ready to go, again Youtube is your friend, some great how to videos about this printer out there. If you’re new to this just download openSCAD and have a play, this printer is perfect for teaching yourself how to design and make stuff. Touch screen works well, menus are easy to navigate and there’s a whole load of settings you can tweak without the need of a computer, just pop the SD card in and go. Auto bed levelling process is simple to do even first time and the whole machine is nice and sturdy and relatively quiet, I was expecting it to be considerably more noisy, I would say its quieter than a conventional printer for sure. If I had to nit pick I would say that the spool holder doesn’t allow the spool to rotate easily so maybe pick yourself up a spool holder as I did but its not essential. If you’re wanting to get into 3D printing just as a general hobby 100% get this printer, its a great bit of kit.

Fantastic First Time Printer, Excellent Price!

14. AishaBehrens says:

Great little fast delta printer took me 20mins out box to first print.make sure you clean the build plate with ipa because when you take the protective film off it leaves yellow glue on it and your first print will stick way to good ,all in all happy with the printer on a whole.

FLSUN Q5

15. DewittFerraro says:

FLSUN Q5

16. BessieReading says:

FLSUN Q5

17. LeesaBaskett says:

FLSUN Q5

FLSUN Q5

OMG WHAT A BRILLIANT LIITLE PRINTER…
    I recommend printing an upgraded fan duct but this is the easiest printer i have ever used and the print quality is fantastic.

OMG WHAT A BRILLIANT LIITLE PRINTER…

21. Lori Grunin, says:

It came well packed. The paper instructions were very clear on setup. But actually upon looking at the sdcard included. There are better instructions on that.

Took me about half an hour to assemble.

Instructions were very clear on how to set up homing and ensure the bed was levelled.

Cura was easy to set up. ( I didn’t use the version on the SD card. Used the current up to date version) added machine defaults and my filament settings.

Started a 5 hour print of my own. And it has come out beautifully.

It’s quite a noisy printer compared to my cr10. But as it’s in a workshop away from the house , it doesn’t bother me.

For the price, (150) . The instructions and the fact that it prints perfectly after 45 minutes fettling is amazing. I thoroughly recommend.

22. Hadar Sela says:

Took me about half an hour to assemble.

Started a 5 hour print of my own. And it has come out beautifully.

23. michael frank says:

Great print quality but needs some work. First thing is that there is a 13 amp fuse in the plug that needs to be changed to 3 amp. This thing draws less than an amp. The other things are more about poor design. The cable for the heated bed is just hanging about waiting to be snagged by something. The stepper motors are ok untill they move quickly and they are then noisy. The top panel vibrates badly unless you have at least a three quarter reel of filament to weigh it down. If you can live with or fix these things it is a very capable printer. The thing I will say is that being sold as an entry level printer it should come with a lot more information on the operation than it does. This is my third printer and this has settings I have not seen before so some sort of clue would be helpful. You should not need to search the web to be able to use it.

24. Bettina30S says:

25. Troy and Mels Reviews and More says:

Easy to set up, and with self levelling function it was very quick from unpacking to printing.
    Enjoying using it, but can see the small build area will limit me on some of the things I will eventually want to print.

27. Mark Melnykowycz says: