Kärcher WD 3 P Wet and Dry Vacuum [Energy Class A]

WD Banners
WD 3 P

Wet and Dry Vacuum

Tackle the toughest cleaning jobs with the Kärcher WD 3 P Wet and Dry vacuum cleaner, a robust machine capable of taking on the jobs too tough for your indoor vac. The WD 3 P syncs up with your power tools to keep mess to a minimum.

WD3 P
WD 3 P

Sync with your power tools

Keep mess to a minimum with the WD 3 P machine’s power tool triggered auto-start, which syncs the machine with your power tools.

WD 3 P

Get right into the corners

The WD 3 P blower function dislodges dust from corners and hard-to-reach places.

WD 3 P

For the toughest jobs

The WD 3 P is designed to tackle the jobs too tough for your indoor vacuum, taking on the most stubborn cleaning tasks in the car, garage and garden

WD 3 P

Space-saver

The WD 3 P has a compact design which makes the WD 3 P easy to move around and store.

WD 3 P Wet & Dry Vac

WD 5

WD 5 Wet and Dry Vac

AD 4

AD 4 Ash and Dry Vac

Product Weight (Kg)
5.8 3.1 4.5 7.1 8.2 5.4
Actual Suction Power (Aw)
210 180 220 240 150
Energy Use (W)
1000 18V Battery 1000 1000 1100 600
Container Capacity/ Material
17L / Plastic 7L / Plastic 12L / Plastic 20L / Plastic 25L / Plastic 17L / Metal
Suction Hose Length (M)

Dimensions: 38.8 x 34 x 50.2 cm; 5.8 Kilograms
Brand: Kärcher
Model: 16298840
Colour: Yellow
Colour: Yellow

1. VanceTorrez says:

We bought this for our house we are renovating as it is full of dust and rubble. It had really good suction and was light weight. The only thing it could have done with was a brush for carpets. The one provided was better on tile or concrete but was a little awkward to use on carpets, was not easy to pull backwards and forwards. Maybe it should have come with one for tiles and one for carpets but other than that it is great!

I’ve had one of these for a few years now and it’s a great shop vac with lots of power. That you can plug tools in and use the auto start feature is brilliant. Connects to dust ports on tools easily. Bags can be difficult to remove when full but not a major fault. Forgotten how many times I’ve trodden on the hose by mistake but it pops back to shape every time. All in all a great vac for the price.

If you are in the market for one of these I highly recommend them, however if you want a vacuum cleaner for the garage and accessories, buy the WD3.

If you want to use as a dust extractor with power tool pass through and activation buy the WD3P, although I would Recommend buying an additional hose extender.

Rationale

The WD3P is designed to take an additional load. The power chord is therefore more substantial and shorter. I have read a number of reviews complaining about the length of the power chord.
    Essentially this models prime role is not to get dragged round the house doing your floors, it is for power tool pass through primarily and the accessories supplied reflect this.

The WD3 is intended for thrashing your house or site cleaning. It has a longer thinner power lead and more accessories. It also comes with a 1.5m hose extender in the box which in my opinion is essential. This combined with the long cable means you can go from one end of the house to the other without moving the plug in any average size house. Also the WD3 supplies 5 bags while the WD3P only comes with one so you will need more bags quite quickly.

The supplied brushes with either machine are USELESS and clog up in seconds. Worst design I have seen EVER, so I adjusted my old Dyson brush to use with a reducer. There are ok after market options too.

4. opalbtidnwgxhpc says:

I am an electrician and use this vacuum with a chasing machine which i would say is tuff going. The only down side is i need lots of bags however i have not had to change the filter once and have been through around 100 bags so far. I do need to clean it though as any filter would, this vacuum is great value for money, i did however have to purchase the extension hose but that is no big deal. If you are purchasing this for chasing you need to make sure you have plenty of bags stocked up, i am using this in tandem with the metabo 3wheel chasing machine so the dust is allot more than a normal chasing machine and it performs really well. Great purchase

5. UchachFinch says:

I really like this vacuum. Excellent suction and relatively easy to manoeuvre although it does tend to fall over quite often
    The one problem Is the plastic pipe connector cracked which was really disappointing

Great suction,Best car hoover I’ve owned. Only down side is it could do with soft brush connection for doing dash.

8. SherrilCintron says:

I love this thing. It sucks like crazy, the bags last well and are quite cheap and it doesn’t seem to lose power as the bag fills up – unlike my Miele cylinder. I really like the way that you can attach to power tools – it has transformed jobs like rotary disc sanding as there is literally no dust left in the house/garage. In case you were wondering how it works with power tools (I was) you simply plug the saw/sander/grinder into the vac outlet socket then as soon as you switch the tool on the vac starts. The vac overruns for about 5s after the tool is switched off. You need to but the hose adapter to attach to a tool. Cut this carefully for a tight fit! We use it in the house now as it is so powerful and effective. A longer flex would be my only suggestion to improve.

10. AdriannaBaragwa says:

Good product and good value. Slightly disappointed because not all the nozzles were included in the box. Amazon sorted this for me. Otherwise I am very pleased with the vac. The feature allowing me to connect my power tools is particularly useful. I haven’t used it for wet pickup yet.