SHARP YC-GC52FU-B 25L 900W Electronic Control Flatbed Microwave with 1200W Grill & 2050W Convection Oven – Black

Grill and Convection Microwave Oven with Semi Digital Control

Sharp features

Flatbed Technology

The flatbed design of the YC-GC52FU microwave removes the need for a standard turntable so there’s more useable space. Dishes that would not normally fit on a conventional turntable microwave can now be reheated or defrosted with ease.

Sharp Sharp Sharp Sharp Sharp Sharp
Capacity 20L 25L 20L 25L 28L 25L
Type Solo Microwave Solo Microwave Microwave & Grill Microwave & Grill Microwave & Grill Microwave, Grill & Convection Oven
Microwave Power 800W 900W 800W 800W 900W 900W
Control Electronic Electronic Electronic Electronic Electronic Electronic
Grill Power 1000W 1000W 1100W 1200W
Levels of Power 11 11 11 11 11 10
Defrost Function
ECO Function

Dimensions: 49 x 49.5 x 28.7 cm; 18.6 Kilograms
Brand: SHARP
Model: YC-GC52FU-B
Colour: Black
Colour: Black

When I first opened the the box. I didn’t think I would ike it. It didn’t look very easy to use but I was wrong. Love it.

I love my new microwave 😍

Had one before pleased with it but as before the grill isn’t very good

3. ElijahHorrocks says:

Great microwave for motorhome or caravan. I like the fact that there are various power levels for use with limited electrical supply when on some caravan sites, or up to 1000 watts for extra power. It comes with a grill feature which is great when on electric hook-up, saving on using up valuable gas.

4. LeonaBRKJku says:

Just a nice replacement for my old microwave and grill.

Just what I wanted and works well. Looks nice to.

6. Dhara Singh says:

Easy to use and looks great in the kitchen as it’s not too big. Would definitely recommend!

7. Hugh Wright says:

I like the look and functionality and it’s easy to use. Definitely recommend it and it’s a good price for a combi.

8. KentonBlaylock says:

Sharp Microwave
    When our new microwave blew up, I ordered this item from Amazon which was delivered the next day. It is very easy to use and clean. It’s been easy to live with and wirth every penny.

AN EXCELLENT MACHINE, FAR BETTER THAN THE ONE IT REPLACED. VERY EASY TO USE.

10. GrantJenkinson says:

great microwave. fits into our small cupboard and works perfectly. also rather quiet, which is nice

Love my item & came recommended from Amazon whom i love to trust, thanks so much Amazo

This microwave is great love using it easy to understand

Golden Review Award: 5 From Our UsersBought to use as a small one person oven in a small kitchen. It’s a BEAST. Most one person portions of stuff of any type usually is 200c for half an hour… This is 190 for 25 mins…
    Best of all: no turntable to go wrong.
    Worst of all: no square grill pan or shelf and whatnot.
    WARNING: as with all new cooking appliances, each individual needs to learn how the appliance fits in with the user’s cooking styles and lifestyle, ergo YOUR experience may differ.
    So far, though, I say it’s a great value piece of kit.

Edited, November 2021. I found if used on higher heat settings for over more than about 25 mins, it overheats and goes a bit dolally tap or shuts down… So although it DOES go up to 230C and 90mins, don’t do it!

Best of all: no turntable to go wrong.
    Worst of all: no square grill pan or shelf and whatnot.
    So far, though, I say it’s a great value piece of kit.

15. HarriettHooper says:

Best of all: no turntable to go wrong.
    Worst of all: no square grill pan or shelf and whatnot.
    So far, though, I say it’s a great value piece of kit.

Best of all: no turntable to go wrong.
    Worst of all: no square grill pan or shelf and whatnot.
    So far, though, I say it’s a great value piece of kit.

Best of all: no turntable to go wrong.
    Worst of all: no square grill pan or shelf and whatnot.
    So far, though, I say it’s a great value piece of kit.

Quick delivery, great product. Better than expected for the price

19. Los Angeles Times says:

We have had to move into a rental property, whilst we are having work done at home, only after we moved in we realised no microwave as ours is built in at home. As we are not going to need this item forever, it seems a good price and multi function. I am amazed how quick this little beauty is! It knocks spots off our built in one at home, I found the operation of the microwave a little tricky at first, but just keep the instructions next to the oven, love the grill function. A excellent priced item with excellent functionality!

20. CyrilDarvall says:

So happy with this Microwave, has all that I needed and so simple to use none of those buttons that i’ll never use.

Also on thing i find good is the display is bigger to see than past microwaves we have had.

One thing i was not too sure about when we ordered was there is no turntable but this has suited me a lot better than one with as you can just insert any plate suited for microwave and its a doddle to clean.

Very happy all round and would purchase again.

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersThis was purchased to replaced an ageing 750w microwave/grill. Rated at 900w this microwave is far more powerful than that it replaced, although the grill doesn’t seem to be quite as effective. The design is almost identical to a Panasonic microwave that we had 20 years ago, but which lasted very well. The oven itself is cavernous, and will accommodate the largest of dinner plates on the turntable.

The Achilles heel of this machine is the control panel. Front mounted it features a pressure membrane which is less than sensitive and the control buttons themselves are extremely difficult to read, particularly in poor light. You can use either Microwave mode, Grill mode, or a combination of both.

Whilst there are a number of options, most require a number of key presses – although there is a leftover from our old Panasonic which isn’t publicised too well – press the start button without making any other selections and it will activate the microwave on full power for 30 seconds. Press it, say, 4 times in quick succession and it will run for 2 minutes (4×30 seconds), and so on. That does save a bit of time!

22. Andrea Claire says:

23. Robbie Daw says:

Looks good, lots of functions, particularly the grill. Good product at great price.

Bought this to replace my second Russell Hobbs microwave, both of which rusted irreparably on the inside (have found RH to be inferior in all small appliances I’ve bought from them and shan’t be buying any more).
    Paid a tad more for this, but needed something to fit a particularly small space, and in black. Turns out it’s actually a little shorter, has no vents on the top, heats far better than my previous microwave so heating times have been reduced, and is rather good all round.
    Haven’t tried the grill option yet.
    Only caveat would be if you’re not housing it in a well lit area (mine’s below the counter), you will need to memorise the relevant button positions that you use most often.

26. ShutUpandRun says:

great use in caravan and home in workshop good value

27. TheronXOEnwi says:

Good alternative to the big convection oven, for smaller things that you would feel guilty to turn on the big one just for that. I like it very much. Does its job!

28. ElsaRector says:

29. LaVonne says:

Good power range, small footprint and looks more expensive than the price.

30. AaronMarxi says:

Bought this product for my son, he said it is great and would recommend to anyone.

Love the clear concise useage..
    So very easy to understand setting and clea

32. Mikel9150xjs says:

Microwaves well and looks the part,haven’t tried the other functions yet, but can’t set the clock and the control panel could be a bit easier to read

34. GilbertE55 says:

Bought this for daughter, used daily to warm food. Makes perfect jacket potatoes

35. OfeliaCrawford says:

Fantastic value and great design. Full range of cooking without the hassle of a turntable.

37. neperlin says:

Was bought to replace a Samsung Convection Microwave that had died. Have to say this is far superior in quality. Made sure it was a stainless steel interior so it has good longevity and having convection would mean that we used the normal oven less, thus helping to keep the energy bills down. This thing is awesome in that respect! It pre-heats to the desired temperature in around 4 minutes no matter what the temperature is set at! The costs savings in pre heating alone make this a worthwhile purchase. Will definitely buy Sharp again in the future! genuinely awesome bit of kit.

39. SheriPelletier says:

The buttons are difficult to read, you need to press more of them than previous microwaves, and the clock zeros if/when you turn the power off. Annoying 5 loud bleeps when it’s done, previous microwave gave only 3 and they weren’t as piercing!

40. mom a la mode says:

Easy to set clock and keeps good time, which can’t be said of many microwaves I’ve had. Great assortment of settings. Very impressed for the price

41. Nicole Edsall says:

We haven’t made great use of this so far, but we have been satisfied so far.

Like that I can cook anything in it like that it has a flat bottom and no turntable.

43. LouellaVachon says:

This is a good product, Ive used it for 2 months so far. I preferred the previous incarnation with the pull down door which meant you could access the interior from either side, but this is as good functionally. It works well as a convection oven but I suspect the temperature is lower than that indicated and takes longer to cook stuff than in a normal convection oven. The upside is that it uses much less energy and only takes 3mins to heat to temperature. I’d buy it again.

This is a really good microwave easy to use and clean looks grea

46. RamonitaAzk says:

This is a really good microwave easy to use and clean looks grea

47. DemetraBalfour says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI’ve been using this for a week now without any problems at all. I didn’t think I’d need the grill/convection oven aspects, but on offer it wasn’t much more than microwave-only ovens. I’ve found myself using the grill/convection as it cooks better than my main oven (electric fan). Heats up far quicker (less air/space to make hot) so cooking starts almost immediately. I’ve certainly found no need to preheat the oven as with my main oven, although preheat is programmable and it’ll keep it hot for 30m before automatically turning off (in case you fell asleep waiting for the preheat complete beeper) – a nice safety feature.

I kept the glass turntable from my old microwave thinking it’d make a good base plate and that was a great bit of forward planning. I can put any type of plastic container on the glass plate without fear it’ll sully the flatbed or stick to it. It’s become a permanent fixture until such time I need to pack more square things in.

The keypad beeps with every press but you can turn that off. It only beeps 4 times (moderately) when your meal is ready. Short beeps too – my old one did 8 long loud beeps that kept going even when I’d opened the door – drove me up the wall – felt like it was screaming at me “BEEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEP…”. I’ll give this 5* just for that alone! It goes into child lock mode after a few minutes of non-use. Just press mute for 3s to unlock, or open/close the door.

It looks lovely in black. The door is slightly mirrored and you can use it as such if you want. The clock is a nice clear white. You can turn it off by pressing stop for 3s – I don’t need 3 clocks in the kitchen.

Nothing to complain about regarding this oven at all – works perfectly and probably more efficiently than using my main oven for simple frozen fish/chips type easy meals.

I do find the manual lacking though. 9 pages of warnings. 2 pages for installation. 1 page for “control panel”. Just 3 pages related to cooking. The “auto cook” (program) table A01-A13 is sorely lacking. It just tells you “code=food type”. eg “A10 = oven chips”. It does not tell you if that program uses microwave, grill or convection, how long it runs for or what power levels. If you don’t know a program is going to use the grill and you put a plastic container in then you’re going to have a serious problem. I tried A10 for my first cook and it uses both grill and convection. I could only tell this by staring into the microwave and seeing the grill element turn red – just for a few minutes then it turns off while the convection oven does the rest. It would be nice if the manual stated how each program operates. I’ve drawn a table in the back of the manual to write down how each program works as I nervously venture through the programs possibly using the wrong type of container. Much better to use the manual combos/settings methinks.

However – the A10 did my frozen fish and chips really well (using the supplied “baking tray” – no idea if I was supposed to use it for that). It runs for 20 mins (not adjustable) and needed another 5 mins to get them just right. Exactly how long depends on many things including how cold your freezer actually is. Live and learn.

A thumbs up for the oven. A thumbs down for the manual if it’s the programs you specifically need. If you prefer manual operation then all that is explained well; microwave only, grill only, convection only, microwave+grill (eg lasagne), microwave+convection (eg chicken and steak). There doesn’t seem to be grill+convection so I’m still not sure how my A10 fish and chips cooked! I used the metal baking tray so it can’t be microwaved, the grill did come on so it must be grill+convection even though it’s not manually possible.

All in all a very capable oven. Flatbed rocks – you have the entire expanse of the square base available (12″ x 12″, 30cm x 30cm – a tiny bit more but that’s about right). The manual states internal dimensions of 330 x 220 x 335 mm (W x H x D). That is somewhat misleading. The base is not that size. It’s only 330mm wide if you measure from the indent on the left hand panel half way up. It’s only 335mm deep if you include the inner indent on the door – 335mm actually comes out of the oven a little. I’d not be buying any dishes based on the manuals dimensions. I’ve a 12″x12″ pizza stone that fits with just a little room to spare on each side.

Golden Review Award: 5 From Our UsersI’ve been using this for a week now without any problems at all. I didn’t think I’d need the grill/convection oven aspects, but on offer it wasn’t much more than microwave-only ovens. I’ve found myself using the grill/convection as it cooks better than my main oven (electric fan). Heats up far quicker (less air/space to make hot) so cooking starts almost immediately. I’ve certainly found no need to preheat the oven as with my main oven, although preheat is programmable and it’ll keep it hot for 30m before automatically turning off (in case you fell asleep waiting for the preheat complete beeper) – a nice safety feature.

49. MackenzGibbs says: