DMT WM8CX-WB Coarse/Extra-Coarse Duo Sharp Plus Bench Stone with Base, Grey, 8-Inch

Innovative, precision flat two grit diamond sharpener featuring both interrupted and continuous diamond sharpening. A hardwood box of 3- 6 inches Diamond Whetstone sharpeners makes a perfect gift. Dual purpose with compact convenience, the Double Sided Diafold Sharpener offers two 4 inches x 1 inches Diamond Whetstone surfaces in one light-weight, portable sharpener. For professional sharpening results, regardless of skill, depend on DMT Aligner Kits and Accessories. Fast honing diamond surface with the realigning function and convenience of traditional butcher’s steel. DMT’s precisely engineered Dia-Sharp Bench Stone with continuous diamond surface assures consistent, even sharpening every time.
Related Applications: Knifes, scissors, tools AND featuring a continuous zone for small and pointed tools Related Applications: Woodworking, home, culinary, hunting, and more Related Applications: Home, camping, toolbox, pavilion and more Related Applications: Handworked, culinary and outdoor sports. Related Applications: Chef knife, carving knife, fillet knife, paring knife, bread knife, skinning knife Related Applications: Woodworking and culinary.
Models: WM8CX, WM8FC, WM8EF, WM8EF-WB, W8EF-H-WB. Models: W6X, W6XP, W6C, W6CP, W6F, W6FP, W6E, W6EP, W8X, W8XNB, W8C, W8CNB, W8F, W8FNB, W8E, W8ENB and available in durable plastic storage case. Models: FWCX, FWEF, FWEEE. Models: ADELUXE, AKFC, AKFNR. Models: DS4F, DS2E, DSOF. Models: D8XX, D8X, D8C, D8E, D8EE. Size: 6 inches, 8 inches, 10 inches and 11,5 inches.
No oil is needed – sharpen dry or with water. No oil is needed – sharpen dry or with water. No oil is needed – sharpen dry or with water. No oil is needed – sharpen dry or with water. No oil is needed – sharpen dry or with water. No oil is needed – sharpen dry or with water.

Weight: 567 g
Size: 8-Inch
Dimensions: 33.66 x 33.66 x 29.21 cm; 566.99 Grams
Model: WM8CX-WB
Colour: Grey
Manufacture: Acme United Corporation
Colour: Grey
Size: 8-Inch

1. BaileyHayworth says:

United States

I have sharpen knives (Of all types) for over 55 years. This is to include scissors and fine knives. As someone who knows the ins and outs of sharpening, the DMT 8″ is all the stone one would need. I think it works best with water. This gives a relief of friction. The base is very solid. I put it on my wooden bench. I highly recommend this fine tool.

K-

2. RhondaY10jgek says:

Product is rescuing cutlery that had long since lost its edge

Product is rescuing cutlery that had long since lost its edge

4. UVSShannon says:

United States

This is the best in class, easy to use sharpening product. I am so glad my cousin recommended and I bought this instead of the honing stones. I put myself in the ‘advanced skills’ category and there is nothing worse than cooking with a dull knife.
    The product came in time in reasonable packaging. I recommend this to everyone.

5. FranceWeisz says:

Germany

Mu noch ein bisschen lernen. Mache schnelle Fortschritte. Sau gut.

United States

Product was pretty good, until it peeled very slightly from one of the holes. it was very slight, less than one of the circles on the plate. DMT, help me replace this quickly, and thus greatly appreciated, the plates were very good for restoring several chisels & plane irons. the blue side cut pretty well then red side to hone and sharpen it.
    The red side is pretty good and could get the blades sharp enough to cut hair off your arm.

I think though if you want to get things even sharper, its better to also get the next very fine as well. I plan on making that a purchase later since i’ve had pretty good results so far.

Germany

Heute kam der 8″ DuoSharp an (blaue und rote Seite).
    Ausgepackt und direkt losgelegt.
    Ich muss sagen: so schnell hab ich noch nie ein Messer scharf bekommen. Fr den Hausgebrauch reicht mir sogar das Finish auf der roten Seite.
    Meine Nasschleifmaschine hat wohl ausgedient.

Vorsicht mit Euren Fingern!

Und Nein, ich bin nicht gesponsert von wem auch immer.

8. Melissa MacKinnon says:

United States

The “stone” is nice. I have the coarse 325 and fine 600 combo. The plastic base is cheap. Better than nothing … but not by much.

9. GilbertMccool says:

Canada

anyone who has attempted to cut a mortise or tenon in timber framing knows how important a sharp chisel or slick is. and if you are doing it for someone else (for wages) even more so. This product delivers!

United States

Love this sharpener. My kitchen knives are always sharp now. I gave two as gifts this past Christmas.

11. Michael Cantu says:

Canada

Love this unit. Easy to use, my knives are sharp as razors..!

12. RufusOJHSq says:

Germany

klasse teil. Lieferung ging sehr schnell und die Handhabung ist kinderleicht. Vorsicht, Messer werden sehr scharf, aber das ist ja der sinn.

13. ConcepcPethebri says:

Mexico

Es buena para acentar el filo el tamao es ideal.para cuchilla de cepillo yo la compre en oferta as qu me sali muy buena por el precio la recomiendo

United States

Very easy to flip sides. Identification of grit could be a little bigger, but works okay. Sturdy, non slip.

Germany

Es ist eine tolle Hilfe fr meine Messer ” mit denen ich zum Brocken reiten konnte “. Jetzt sind sie wieder richtig scharf und wieder einsatzfhig.

United States

This sharping system works great, I keep it on a counter in my kitchen and use it to sharpen kitchen knives when they need it. Takes less than a minute to put an edge back onto any knife. Yes, you need to get the sharpening angle right but that doesn’t take to long to learn. Great product!!!

United States

This is an outstanding sharpener. I really like the sturdy design. The size is perfect for sharpening knives. I am using it for kitchen knives, wood chisels, and fish hooks.
    The platform is absolutely flat so the blades I am sharpening are also true.

18. Marie47Gopvfh says:

United States

Golden Review Award: 7 From Our UsersI found having both the course and fine stones necessary to do a good job. The raised bench really helps to hold the blade at a proper angle. You still need to use good technique, but I have found these stones irreplaceable for sharpening my good stainless steel knives that I could not touch with a regular whetstone. I also bought an extra-fine diamond stone, but not sure it adds much to the finish. But the course stone is really needed to get the initial edge. It is very difficult to do it with just the fine stone.

19. LeomaRoller says:

Canada

Works great to sharpen my chisels and blades for my hand planes… I’m going to purchase the coarse one nex

Germany

Man braucht ne Weile oder auch ein paar Versuche biss man die Technik raus hat…aber dann gibt es richtig gute Ergebnisse…Mein Tipp : nicht einfach los legen und denken man kann alles. Ich habe unzhlige Videos angesehen und trotzdem am Anfang mich etwas blde angestellt.

21. PCPMickeyeyb says:

Germany

Zusammen mit dem Messerabziehpasten-Set von Scherenkauf hab ich mein Kchenmesser jetzt wirklich scharf bekommen. Da kann man sich die Haare vom Arm rasieren πŸ™‚

United States

These products work so well, I have purchased the other bench stone, the course one. I am a Luthier and my planes have a shine and edge I have not been able to get in the past.

23. AlexandriaYog says:

Germany

A great stone to work with. Stable, well designed and does the job.

24. VicenteOhman says:

United States

I’ve been using waterstones for a long time now. Finally got fed up with the setup and mess. These diamond plates sharpen my tools as fast or even faster with almost no set up time and no messy water and slurry dripping all over my work area. If it is a pain to sharpen your tools, you won’t sharpen them. Period. These plates are so easy to use I have no excuse to keep using dull tools. Just put the plates on a towel, spray some water from a spray bottle, and go to it. No need to soak the stones, flatten the stones, clean up the mess, etc, etc. My chisels and plane irons have never been in better condition.

Germany

Durchaus gut geeignet auch fr grere Messer. Abnutzung minimal auch bei Vielnutzung.