ELEGOO Mars 2 Pro Mono MSLA 3D Printer UV Photocuring LCD Resin 3D Printer with 6 inch 2K Monochrome LCD, Printing Size 129 * 80 * 160mm/5.08 * 3.15 * 6.30inch

BANNERELEGOO Mars 2 Pro Mono MSLA 3D Printer2468

CNC Machined Aluminum

Mars 2 Pro is made of CNC machined aluminum from build platform to resin vat. It has a very solid build quality and high durability like a reliable workhorse that always get its work done.

COB UV LED Light Source

Excellent heat dissipation performance, high luminous maintenance rate, uniform light emission, and no spots. COB light source has proved itself to be a fantastic upgrade that ensures each printing comes out perfectly.

Chitu Box Slicer

Chitu Box has been a very helpful companion when you are using ELEGOO MSLA resin 3D printers from slicing .stl file to adding supports. With the latest 8-times anti-aliasing function, you can get a much smoother printing surface.

ELEGOO Mars 2 Mono MSLA 3D Printer ELEGOO Mars 3 Mono MSLA 3D Printer 3456
Product type Resin 3D Printer Resin 3D Printer Resin 3D Printer Resin 3D Printer Wash and Curing Resin Model Machine Curing Model Machine
LCD type 6.08 inch Mono LCD 6.6 inch Mono LCD 6.08 inch Mono LCD 8.9 inch Mono LCD
Build volume 5.10in(L) x 3.10in(W) x 5.90in(H) 5.64in(L) x 3.52in(W) x 6.5in(H) 5.10in(L) x 3.10in(W) x 6.30in(H) 7.55in(L) x 4.72in(W) x 7.87in(H)
Layer thickness 0.01mm 0.01-0.2mm 0.01-0.2mm 0.01-0.15mm
Z Axis Accuracy 0.00125mm 0.00125mm 0.00125mm 0.00125mm
XY Precision 0.05mm (1620*2560) 0.035mm (4098*2560) 0.05mm (1620*2560) 0.05mm (3840*2400)
Printing Speed 30-50mm/h 30-50mm/H 30-50mm/h 30-40mm/h
Official ELEGOO Support ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓

Size: Mars 2 Pro
Dimensions: 57 x 29 x 29 cm; 8.1 Kilograms
Part: EL-3D-M2P
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Manufacture: ELEGOO
Dimensions: 57 x 29 x 29 cm; 8.1 Kilograms
Quantity: 1
Reference: EL-3D-M2P
Size: Mars 2 Pro

This printer is great! Press to go and you get fantastic quality prints in a fraction of the time it takes my FDM printer. The learning curve is pretty steep when setting up the models in your slicer but the 3d printing community is fantastic so get on YouTube and watch as many guides on creating good supports as you can, it will help immensely. Would absolutely recommend for minatures and busts! For the price it’s a no doubt!

2. ChiquitaWheatle says:

This is often taunted an entry level printer, and it’s true to a point, except when things go wrong, which they invariably do. I consider myself a competent DIYer and put in hours of research into learning the dos and don’t of resin printers, but the hardware here, despite the great print quality, lets the product down and it wasn’t long until I was losing my patience with the device and its quirks.

It’s my first resin printer, and it’s been an exhilarating and frustrating experience in equal measure. The rook test print which is supplied with the machine adhered so well to the metal build plate, I had to use the steel spatula to remove it. 2 hours in to owning it and I gouged the build plate before. No big deal however as rafts still adhere well… Well 10 prints later, the FEP failed and resin seeped onto the LCD screen and cured. Using only alcohol and soft microfiber cloth, the LCD got scratched but the resin didn’t budge, so I had to resort to a razor. Sadly this led to taking a chunk of the LCD screen protector with it. I had no choice but to replace the FEP and the LCD. The Lcd is described as user servicable, however the original LCD in my unit was firmly glued down to the glass bed, so it was not as straight forward as elegoo would have you believe. In the process of taking it apart and reassembling it, a couple of the really soft screws in the casing have gotten rounded, so the next time I have to open up the external panels I’ll have that to deal with. This may be a cheap printer but please don’t skimp on bolts on a user servicable unit.

3. MickieBoniwell says:

4. Sherry Lipp says:

As my first printer I did find lack of physical manual frustrating at the beginning, but I’ve had a lot of fun working things out and getting my own figures to come out!

After about 10 months of use, I had a part failure and their support people could not have been more accommodating to get me a replacement part out.

I recommend this for anyone who is looking for their first printer.

Great printer for the price, easy to use and reliable. Had a screen damage issue caused by inaccurate use on my side and customer service was still extremely helpful and offered me a replacement at no cost.
    Can’t go wrong with the Mars series as well as the Saturn, great machines overall.

Brilliant printers with high quality prints. I have the mars 1 and it is just a matter of time before I buy this one.

A great little resin printer, quality is lovely which makes the Mars 2P well suited for models and small components. The print area is small! but some creative turning of your print can maximise the area. Go to YouTube for some good advice and download MeshMixer to help chop up bigger files to make bigger prints possible. Resin printers are messy to clean (they all are) you’ll need the Elegoo UV cure/wash station too, it’ll improve your prints greatly and order plenty isopropyl alcohol wash.

Well this is that printer, stop hanging about spend the cash, you will not be disappointed.

I am a semi commercial 3d printer and designer (FDM mainly) and this is one of many resin printers that I will eventually buy to add to my arsenal (looks like more Elegoo machines will be joining me soon).

Before I purchased I researched hard and was going to buy a Mars 3 but the Mars 2 pro is better than the Mars 3 for most tasks in my opinion, with the Mars 3 just having a bigger build volume and 4k resolution, the Mars 3 machine is a bit lighter and not as solidly built, the 4k resolution on the Mars 3 is overkill for most print needs, Plus the added benefit of the smaller Mars 2 pro is you don’t need to fill the resin vat up as much (resin is expensive) and its built way more solid than its new stable mate.

Nice build quality heavy bottomed and sturdy, sturdy cover, great build plate with a rough texture so prints adhere well, comes with all the tools and parts you need (scrapers, few paint filters, few gloves, allen keys, cables, spare FEP sheets, usb stick etc) very easy to assemble but find a good youtube video and follow it exactly you can crack the LCD if not followed correctly.

The images were taken of my first print, I advise you try to print something similar with supports and not one of the generic files pre supplied, it will teach you how to add supports and zombies are always cooler than chess pieces. The camera I used didn’t do the print justice and you really cannot see the layer lines at all, I struggled to see them even under magnification.

All in all BUY IT! … the print was made using Anycubic standard grey from Amazon with these settings.
    3 secs layer, 45 sec initial layers, 80 speed.

Want an out of the box print experience?

9. NelleB49un says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersSon and I have had our Mars 2 only for a few days so far. We’re both into railway modelling and have high hopes of producing various useful bits and pieces for our hobby.

We went through difficult times at first getting prints to adhere to the build plate despite careful calibration of the plate and exposure settings etc. but we’re starting to get successful prints now. From what I’ve read the test print (chess pieces) that comes with the printer can be tricky, which is probably not ideal for beginners. We fully expect there to be a learning curve and some trial and error to get things dialled in and printing reliably so we turned to some other designs and are now getting nice results.

If I have one criticism so far it’s that the resin vat could really do with a “pouring spout” in one corner to makes things easier when returning unused resin to the bottle via a funnel and filter. I notice there are 3rd party alternative vats which feature a spout and also offer top and bottom covers to fit over the vat. I would imagine they’re advantageous if you intend to swap to different colours and types of resin fairly regularly.

11. X. Alexander says:

Great machine just wish I’d saved up more to get the bigger machine, a bit fiddly at times but once you get to grips it works well

Great machine

Greatbprinterntonstart 3d printing with, easy to use and print files.

13. TXDJuneuqh says:

Very easy to use and great print quality, would definitely recommend provided max print size suits your needs

I have had this printer for over 6 months now, and it has worked fantasically, producing some really good quality miniatures. Its been a fantastic first printer, although they seem daunting, its very easy to get set up on the mars 2 pro, and not too difficult to recover from mistakes – I’m on my third LCD screen now, purely from my own inaccuracies, but Elegoo sell all the parts you need to service your machine quiet cheaply, so it was no problem getting back up and running.

I would reccomend this printer to anyone.

I had been on the fence with 3d printers for some time, and eventually decided on the Elegoo Mars 2 Pro.

The printer is so simple to set up, a quick alignment of the build platform and you’re ready to go.

The printer comes with Chitubox slicing software which is very easy and intuitive to use.

So far I have printed a Deku Link figure and a Princess Peach cookie cutter dir my daughter and the quality of the print is superb. I can’t wait to print more things!

16. Steven Parton says:

Manual not too clear but plenty of YouTube vids to show what to do. Printer robust , well made producing exceptional results. I used the Elegoo resin which performs well and is already calibrated to the printer. It comes with free slicing software with takes a little time to get to grips with, but ultimately does its job very well. I’m a first timer regarding anything to do with 3D printing, and to say I am very happy with the outcome of what has been printed would be an understatement. Points to watch are temperature, happy between 20 -25 centigrade and make sure it is all levelled. Isopropyl Alcohol, cleans models and printer very well. Myminifactory and cults3d.com have a huge range of stl file to choose from, free and otherwise.

Excellent quality 3D printer bought as a present for my grandson he said it’s amazing would highly recommend i

18. ArmandDunrossil says:

Outstanding.
    The machine is so simple,so easy,so logical to use. The term plug in and play is so appropriate here. So little needed to understand and set up, I was printing within 20 minutes of opening the box.
    The machine and it’s parts are expertly and professionally made and assembled. It feels expensive while being within the lower to mid range of price for a printer.
    The software to help you make a print, best I’ve seen. So intuitive and easy to learn. Helps you along the way and almost knows what you want to do next in making the file ready .
    Printing, easy as everything else. Plug in, press a few buttons and go watch a movie. No need to watch it print as you used to on a old filament printer. Prints come out with exact details as the file that makes them. I’ve made tabletop miniatures that have more details that the “big” names in the business, the “big” names that charge a mortgage payment to get a few items that now cost me a few cups of coffee.

I had a issue with the screen. I wasn’t sure how to word or search for the issue so I emailed Elegoo in the off chance of help.
    Got my response back within a day and even then, I had a apology for a late reply. I’m getting all the help I need, a free replacement part jsit incase it’s the issue and I’m getting a non copy paste response each time.
    Elegoo is the company we wish all others would be. Great product, customer friendly product, well made, affordable and outstanding customer service .

TLDR – Buy Elegoo and be assured knowing that you are getting quality and support throughout your 3D printing journey.

Outstanding.