SHARP YC-MS51U-S 900W Solo Digital Microwave Oven with 25 L Capacity & 11 Power Levels & Defrost Function – Silve

SHARP A+ BannerSharpSHARPSHARP

Dimensions: 51.3 x 39.5 x 30.6 cm; 14.5 Kilograms
Brand: SHARP
Part: YC-MS51U-S
Colour: Silver
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Colour: Silver
Dimensions: 51.3 x 39.5 x 30.6 cm; 14.5 Kilograms

I like how unobtrusive it is and that there are no superfluous controls. Easy to use and clean.
    Minor drawbacks- the button to open the door is a bit difficult sometimes. Reading the timing button not so easy.
    The drawbacks are largely because I am 75 and have arthritis. Younger folk will not find them a problem

When my previous microwave stopped working I searched around for the best price replacement with easy to use dials and a defrost setting. This Sharp microwave works really well.

3. Maria says:

Nice product for the price a bit disappointed that the outer casing is painted silver and not stainless steel like my last one but other than that happy

4. Paul Hutchinson says:

very good bought on amazon warehouse,very nice price and was in brand new condition.easy to use and clean also it looks good in silver.

It is a nice easy microwave and surprisingly takes quite a large plate. I have only given it a four rating because you have to guess what setting to put it on for defrosting. Pleased with i

Does the job, easy to use. I’m just a bit mystified as to why the time display is so bright. It illuminates the kitchen. There is an eco setting that switches it off, but it’s a bit of a palaver because you have to open and then close the door, then press the button within so many seconds. Not sure how much electricity it saves when you use the setting at night, but it could be made a lot simpler with a single button press.

7. ElouiseBanuelos says:

8. Leah.Connolly says:

There was an uncovered pointy bit (I think it was the end of a screw) underneath mine. I discovered this when it scratched my new kitchen worktop when I put it down, so I was not impressed by the quality. Other than that, the dial seems a bit inexact for short times and once or twice has cut out early on these (which tend to be what I use my microwave for most days – pretty much anything under a minute seems ropey).

That being said, my last microwave at a similar (cheap) price point was a Daewoo and while that one had nifty controls and a digital timer it also pretty quickly started cutting out due to overheating whenever I tried to cook something from frozen or half cook baked potatoes and wouldn’t restart till it cooled down – it didn’t last long before this started either! I would take a bit of imprecision over that any day (hopefully this one will last better – although it has just been a month so far). It has worked pretty well otherwise, and looks nice sitting in the corner of my (scratched :,() kitchen counter.

9. DarciWillie says:

Needed new one looked through Amazon and this caught my eye.
    It’s a great microwave that’s simple to use with turning nobs, not confusing digital flight deck technology touch screen panel.
    Easy to clean too.
    It’s perfect for what I need it for, the basics like defrosting, heating and re-heating food etc.
    It is a micro micro lol as it is smaller than most. This for me is ideal as have limited space in my kitchen. Just be aware of the measurements given before buying.
    I do think its a bit pricey for a basic microwave but it is a well known brand so I guess you pay for the brand name in this case.

Yes!! I would recommend!

11. Somrata Sarkar says:

Smaller than my previous one which was 900 watt, I opted for this as many of the microwave food my son likes is down on the box to cook at 800 watt, so this is ideal. Saves having to work out the wattage on an older model. Slowly getting used to using it, slightly more complicated compared to my previous one. But I’m sure I will beat it before long. This model does popcorn which I have’nt tried yet, jacket potatoes done to perfection, hot drinks and even a plate warming setting. Looking forward to seeing what else it can do.