Corsair RM850, RM Series, 80 Plus Gold Certified, 850 W Fully Modular ATX Power Supply – Black

Ready for Modern Standby

Modern Standby is an upcoming feature for Windows 10 that vastly improves your PC’s sleep and wake functionality. The technology allows your system to wake from sleep more than twice as fast and maintain a network connection during sleep to continue downloading updates and receive notifications.

1. 80 Plus Certified

The RM Series delivers power at up to 90% efficiency, lowering energy consumption, noise, temperatures, and your power bill.

2. 105°C – Rated Capacitors

Using industrial-grade electrolytic capacitors, RM Series power supplies offer the unwavering power and long-term reliability you demand from a CORSAIR power supply.

3. Zero RPM Fan Mode

The RM Series’ cooling fan doesn’t spin until you need it, for near-silent operation at low and medium loads.

Tuned for Low Noise Operation

A 135mm rifle bearing fan with a specially calculated fan curve ensures that fan noise is kept to a minimum, even at full load. When at low and medium loads, the fan stops spinning entirely until it’s needed, resulting in virtually silent operation.

Compact Size

A 160mm-long casing ensures an easy fit in almost all modern enthusiast PC cases, providing more space for cable management and airflow in your chassis.

1. Ten-Year Warranty

Corsair provides a ten-year warranty on all RM Series power supplies; your guarantee of reliable operation that will last across several system builds.

2. Multiple-GPU Ready

PCI-E connectors to power dual or triple (RM850 only) GPUs for your most ambitious PC gaming builds.

3. Fully Modular Cables

Use only the cables you need for quick and easy installation, simplifying routing and cable management. Store your unused cables in the included cable bag.

1. Carbide 275R Tempered Glass Mid-Tower Gaming Case

Corsair Carbide Series 275R is a compact mid-tower ATX case that matches minimalist design and a beautiful tempered glass window with a straightforward interior layout and versatile cooling options.

2. Premium PSU Cables Pro Kit Type 4 Gen 4

Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Type 4 Gen 4 Pro Kit includes everything you need to fully upgrade your PSU cables to flexible paracord sleeve, available in seven different colors and patterns.

3. Premium PSU Cables Starter Kit Type 4 Gen 4

Corsair Premium Individually Sleeved Type 4 Gen 4 Starter Kit includes the essential selection to upgrade your PSU cables to flexible paracord sleeve, available in seven different colors and patterns.

4. Carbide 678C Low Noise Tempered Glass ATX Case

Corsair Carbide Series 678C is a mid-tower ATX case optimized for quiet operation, blending sophisticated style and a plethora of versatile cooling and storage options.

Weight: 998 g
Dimensions: 30.2 x 21.4 x 12.9 cm; 997.9 Grams
Brand: Corsair
Model: CP-9020196-UK
Colour: Black
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: Corsair
Colour: Black

1. ValentiPHBR says:

Simple to fit and I liked the modular cable system.

2. GemmaDominquez says:

Item was as described by the seller, well packed and delivered on time schedule. I will definitely recommend this product and the seller. Thanks to the Amazon team. You make everything from online shopping to delivery to your customers. Keep up the good attitude. Thanks one and all.

Silent fan
    You just plug cable as much as needed for you
    650W

Silent fan
    You just plug cable as much as needed for you
    650W

5. Randi Poole says:

It was a good product but I wish I’d been able to find it off Amazon.

6. WalterBolin says:

While not being quite as whisper-quiet as its bigger brother, the RM850x, the RM850 is still a perfectly great PSU. Even with its theoretical disadvantages taken into account (slightly lower quality capacitors and a slightly louder fan) taken into account, it still provides fantastic power delivery and is more than adequate for my Ryzen 9 3900X/Titan X Pascal system. Would highly recommend, especially for the price I paid (88).

7. EWQGenesis says:

Recommend to anyone that has a good pc, mine had stopped and I couldn’t figure out, then checked on “the mother of stupids” YouTube regarding the problem I was having, very easy to use as it’s modular and you just install the cables that you need. Comes complete with cables for all modules.

8. JaiAlfarov says:

Probably twice the weight of the power supply that melted in our pc.

Well made, and modular cabling so you only need to plug in what you need.

One good tip is for a graphics card connection, use two separate leads to it from the PSU and not the single 6 and 8 pin lead.

This is a perfect replacement for the old PSU on my ATX case with P6T SE motherboard. Only three of the four fixing screws match up with the case but that’s holding the PSU secure. All the needed cables are supplied. The PSU is modular so only the cables that are required, need to be fitted keeping the clutter down. The new PSU is a lot quieter than the old one.

This power supply does the job perfectly. The fact that this power supply is fully modular means that cable management has been amazing. Plenty of cables were provided in the packaging and the fact that the cables themselves weren’t mustard cables was a bonus. Would definitely buy this product agai

13. Britta O'Boyle says:

A great well featured fully modular PSU, just the job for high end gaming builds.

India

Tiny beast for my build…I have
    intel i9 9820x
    Mobo msi x299pro10g
    GPU msi ventus 2080 8g OC
    Ram 64gb ddr4 3200mhz work like a charm I am using it for gaming and full time vdo editing …Best part of psu is fans are super silent and automatically starts spinning depending on Load and also fans never starts until load reaches up to 50% I tested it with premiere pro too… Happy with i

India

Tiny beast for my build…I have
    intel i9 9820x
    Mobo msi x299pro10g
    GPU msi ventus 2080 8g OC

I often hear people say bad things about corsair, but i think the build quality is bloody excellent.

I will buy more corsair in future.

This powerplant has had a marked improvement on my system.. dont hesitate.. this is the droid you are looking for.

So this is my first modular power supply, I had to replace my current non modular one as I upgraded my graphics card and needed more power and because my old unbranded one was cheap trash. This corsair power supply is brilliant it’s a heavy boy but that’s a good thing. The components used seem to be premium, in the sound engineering world the heavier the machine the more durable and higher quality the components are. This corsair 750w psu is so quiet I sometimes wonder is it on, that’s how quiet it is! The only issue I have is the cables, the quality could be better. But overall its a a great psu for any new builders or experienced. It’s practically plug in and play!

I love these power supplies. As usual corsair does not disappoint and with the new no fan at low power the build is even whisper quiet.

19. FelishaPhelan says:

In terms of noise there is none and it does the job amazingly

very well made strong silent and easy to fit, one feature which is space saving and allows greater cooling is the full modular design, it is nice not to have all those cables hanging around unused and in the way.

21. Darlene6371 says:

I could of gone with a 550w psu, but it wouldn’t of given me any room to update other parts and would of been loud.

So i went with the 850w psu and it great, the only let down was the box was abit damaged.

The PSU is usually an overlooked component but makes a more significant impact than most people would think.
    850W is a requirement for most high-end computers and going for a lower amount because “it’s cheaper and still supplies enough” is not a good excuse as it does not allow room for upgrades in the future or potentially not enough adequate power when under stress.
    Additionally, the PSU is the component that all of your over components rely on, if that breaks or catches fire, so does the rest of your 1k computer, so it’s worth the extra money. Think of it as life insurance.
    Corsair did a great job with this for consistent power delivery and low noise, a great purchase for a demanding computer.

25. LeesaBaskett says:

Great power supply. Quiet, powerful and being able to chop and change the cables gives the user the minimal option for looks. Definitely buy agai

26. ImogenMadrigal says:

Good price. Easy to fit but I do have a full tower so make sure you have the space. Does what it says on the box.

I fitted the RM850 in August this year to my main machine, and I am really pleased with it. My second machine’s power supply was failing to start sometimes so I had no hesitation in buying this model. Fully modular and they are virtually silent.

28. BennettDNIP says:

Dead easy to put in and there is no nose coming from it and great value for money

Works

29. Joey Paur says:

India

Awesome Absolutely worth the money. I have a lot of voltage fluctuations in my area and this works great to keep all components in my pc safe and it has ample power for the pc I’ve built…

India

31. TheresaFreeling says:

I should have purchased one of those PSU’s a long time ago. Worth every penny.

I don’t have any complaints really. It does what it’s supposed to, cables are nice and it’s easy to install.

33. karenb says:

India

well built power supply…only downside is it has only two pcie cables..this being expensive psu i expected two more pcie cables…now i have to buy them again from corsair website

India

35. MaryellRedd says:

Does what it needs to.
    Easy to fit, handy to have wiring that can be selected for what you require rather than one large loom.
    Wiring seems well made and connectors to.

36. RogelioCardella says:

After my previous psu wrecked my motherboard, I replaced it with this Corsair Rm850 and after a few weeks I can happily say it has worked well and I am impressed with it.

37. LorrieFurey says:

This was bought for my sons pc as he wanted to upgrade I didn’t install it but it was recommended he get this one as if he ever wants to upgrade in the future this power supply has all the ports he needs but as I don’t know much about it I can’t comment on the workings of it but it hasn’t gave any issues and the pc is working 100% and is operating all the bells and whistles he needs in the upgrades

41. SucQuirozimw says:

India

Silently working best for last 18months and counting… Nice choice

India

Silently working best for last 18months and counting… Nice choice

43. DarrellINJ says:

India

Silently working best for last 18months and counting… Nice choice

Reliable, quiet and easy to install. Fully modular is very nice to save on space taken up by cables. Would definitely recommend.

Not much to say about it besides it being fully modular (I would prefer it to be partially modular tho). 650W is enough for most of the starting GPU + CPU combos

46. NanceeStambaugh says:

very easy install +modular so its very easy to cable manage with this psu