Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner [IZ201UKT] Anti Hair Wrap, Pet Hair, 40 Minute Run Time*, Turquoise Blue

IZ201UKT
Technologies that make a difference

Shark Anti Hair Wrap Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner

Pet Model, Single Battery.

Designed for homes with pets. Up to 40 minutes run-time*. Anti Hair Wrap Technology removes hair from the brush-roll as you clean. Flexology bends so you don’t have to. Reach, store and charge anywhere. (*In ION power mode, with non-motorised tool.)

Discover

Anti Hair Wrap Technology

Removes hair from the brush-roll so you don’t have to. A unique bristle-guard actively separates and removes hair as you clean, helping to leave the bristle brush-roll tangle-free. Long, short and pet hair.

IZ201UKT
IZ201UKT
Flexible cleaning

Flexology

Reach, store and charge anywhere. Bends so you don’t have to, easily cleaning under low-lying furniture. Fold for compact storage. Charge wherever suits you.

IZ201UKT
  1. iz201ukt

DuoClean Technology

Glide from carpets to hard floors with two brush-rolls working together in one floorhead

2. IZ201UKT

Floor cleaning

DuoClean floorhead draws in large and small debris and lifts stuck-on dust from hard floors.

3. IZ201UKT

Up to 40 mins run-time*

*In ION power mode, with non-motorised tool.

4. IZ201UKT

For homes with pets

Attach the Anti Hair Wrap Pet Tool in portable mode to easily remove embedded hair from upholstery.

5. IZ201UKT

Stairs, sofas and up high

Stairs, sofas and up high

1 DuoClean Technology 2 Floor cleaning 3 Up to 40 mins run-time* 4 For homes with pets 5 Stairs, sofas and up high
IZ201UKT

IZ201UKTSB

Dimensions: 26 x 24.5 x 118 cm; 4.1 Kilograms
Brand: Shark
Model: IZ201UKT
Colour: Blue
Colour: Blue

So I do love this vacuum. It’s got good suction but i do find i keep my finger on the boost trigger all the time which runs out the battery quickly. It’s good for everyday quick vacuums and the fact you can take it off the stick and use it as a handheld is really. well, handy. Especially for quick clean ups after my toddler, easily getting flakes of greggs sausage rolls out of the pushchair and Pom bear crumbs out of the car seat! I could never be ar$ed to get the corded out for these jobs so everything looks a lot cleaner now.
    I do find I am still using my old Dyson corded once a week for a ‘proper’ clean but I wouldn’t be without this now. It’s so easy and quick and convenient.

2. FabianThalberg says:

Works brilliantly on our hard floors, doesn’t spit things out the front of the brush like our Dyson handheld did. Picks up leaves really well. Also handles carpets very well indeed.
    Bigger and heavier than a Dyson handheld but way better at doing the job.
    Not so good on stairs unless you buy a different brush head, the supplied one is a bit too large for stairs.
    Battery lasts for ages, longer that the Dyson did.
    Only minor grumble is that it doesn’t have a charging dock. However it stands ok against a wall whilst charging via the cable.

Bigger and heavier than a Dyson handheld but way better at doing the job.
    Battery lasts for ages, longer that the Dyson did.

5. EdisonBoser says:

This is a great all-round vacuum cleaner. OK the anti-hair wrap technology doesn’t do much, but it hardly takes a minute to clear the hairs that do get wrapped around it. I like the swivelling head, the light to show you where the dust is, and the simplicity of putting it together. It is heavier than I expected but more manageable than our corded vacuum. Tried using it to pick up dog hairs in the car but it’s not really powerful enough. Power is pretty good on carpets and wooden / tiled floors though. The fully-charged battery lasts for ages and is quick to charge. Made me want to do more vacuuming!

7. MelissaFrueh says:

8. LanoraTreadway says:

9. FatimaAnsell says:

We decided to go for a cordless vacuum as our Dyson was feeling a bit heavy.
    If I’m honest I’m not as impressed as I was expecting.
    Maybe it’s just me but I was expecting it to be a lot lighter. The design is such that all the weight is toward the handle so after a few mins vacuuming you really are aware of the weight.
    Things don’t get much better when you detach it to do stairs for example. It is still quite heavy and more unwieldy than the Dyson, although easier to move up/down the stairs.
    Battery life is so-so and a spare battery costs a fair bit.
    As you may gather I have mixed feelings about this purchase

We decided to go for a cordless vacuum as our Dyson was feeling a bit heavy.
    If I’m honest I’m not as impressed as I was expecting.
    Battery life is so-so and a spare battery costs a fair bit.
    As you may gather I have mixed feelings about this purchase

I didn’t realise how dirty my home was, despite hoovering daily with a decent-ish Hoover. I finally treated myself to a shark and I’m glad I did. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not the BEST on the market, however it is really good! First time using it I was shocked how much hadn’t been sucked up by my previous hoover. Its quiter too which is great as it doesn’t scare my baby so I can quickly wizz round the front room and play room with baby in tow without her crying in terror. For the price I think its fantastic, I’m really happy.

12. CorineL65wntj says:

13. TGNDireGaming says:

Could not rate for stairs because I live in a bungalow. DysonV6 just died on me recently. Tried a new battery but that didn’t work properly, so decided to try the Shark. Very pleased so far though slightly heavier than the Dyson but that is not a bad thing. Although some reviews indicated it would not stand on its own, it does but you have to fold the handle for that to happen. Overall very pleased with this Shark.

14. Rowena66Lqwd says:

15. bergdorf says:

I rarely write a product review but as someone who has always hated vacuum cleaning and was always convinced my Henry was the best vacuum cleaner ever, I am a complete convert in both! I actually don’t mind vacuum cleaning now and my Herny has been demoted to the garage (haven’t got the heart to get rid of him completely yet).
    This vacuum cleaner is my new favourite toy! It’s so easy to use, no cord to get stuck around corners, under doors etc, it’s small and light, it goes round corners and under my bed – no more thick layer of dust that gets removed once every few years.
    The only slight negative is that hairs do get tangled in it, but then my daughter does have extremely long hair, so I’m not surprised. And it’s easily sorted out. So not a big issue at all.

Had a Dyson and it was always running out of battery and annoying to have to hold the trigger down all the time while you use it so I decided to try a Shark as the reviews were so good. It’s amazing, the battery lasts a good 40 mins, you only hold the trigger down fore extra power and the anti hair wrap is great, no more cutting hair from the rollers. I absolutely love the lights on it as you can see every crumb on your hard floors and it picks up grit! which the Dyson didn’t do it continuously spat the grit out so I had to use a dustpan and brush to collect. Thoroughly recommend the Shark it’s great.

17. AureliaScanlon says:

My Shark arrived yesterday and it is by far the best I have ever had. It is heavy but as amazing suction even on the low level. It came with a bag to put all the attachments in and a little brush to clean it with. It take 4 hours to fully charge. The tub for the dust is easily removed to empty into the bin. As for anit-hair , it lives up to what it said, no hair to untangle in the brush. It cave a few days before its due date. I highly recommend this product.

18. EnriqueMale says:

19. JoseEsp says:

20. Timothy Houser says:

21. DemetraRohu says:

Not the lightest but well built battery life good fast charge. Attachment good quality picks up very well on tile wood carpets. Better than my Dyson. Happy with price for a pretty well built hoover , easy to use attachments folds in half very happy so far ,well built good suction easy to use good quick delivery well packed easy to assemble great price. Was a recommendation so took the risk after readiother review s

22. Camelia Bacchus says:

23. MissP says:

I have been interested in the Shark vacuums for a while and bit the bullet with this model as it was on offer. I haven’t regretted it. The anti-hair wrap technology is great and I haven’t got/had any hair caught around the mechanics. I did look on the Shark website and they say if this does happen, to hold the power boost button for a few minutes and this should dislodge any hair caught. As yet, I haven’t experienced this. The house has never felt so clean. The hoover has fantastic suction and the lights at the front are great for showing up the dust, enabling you to pick up so much more than a conventional vacuum. The bag for the accessories is a really nice touch for storage too. I like the fact that you have a separate setting for hard or soft flooring. The battery life is excellent. I followed the first use instructions in the manual to ensure that I set the battery up properly. The five-year guarantee is very easy to set up via Shark’s website too. I am hugely impressed with Sharks offering and this model of vacuum. Shark is definitely now my choice for future appliances.

25. PeterSchlemmer says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersWas so excited to get this hoover (showing my age I know) putting it together takes seconds *check* comes with lots of nifty attachments *check* and straight out the box kinda feels heavy….. however when you switch it on the magic happens… with the front roller on it kinda drives itself; eating up the carpet and you just gotta hang on!! … that my friend I give a 10/10 anything that’s less effort on my part is a winner.
    When I first got it I thought the little light on the head was laughable, I mean wtf right… just using battery power that you’ve never got enough of anyway…. well I’ll tell you now I was WRONG if I hoover without my glasses on it becomes the most incredible little toy detector in fact they should rename it the lego finder 3000!!! So another *check*
    Right now I do have a massive problem with this hoover and it’s a big one….. if you live in a normal house, with kids and pets and those fully grown men (or women) babies that make mess for fun; then you are going to be unblocking this thing 100times a room…. why oh why can’t they just make the tube wider there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a bit of girth guys!! Baring in mind that this was probably designed by men I’m surprised!! It reminds me of my ex all the promise with none of the prowess!!!
    Get yourself a unblocking stick and get ready!! Luckily they at least made it slightly easier for you by being able to take different parts apart to get in easier… if you live in one of those immaculate hinch type show homes I’m sure this won’t be a problem for you…. (lucky b*ggers)
    I can’t comment on the bend in the middle doberiewotsit as all our furniture is too low to allow the head underneath as I’m sure most modern furniture is… meaning that part is useless and it’s still a pull it all out and hoover underneath job!!
    That being said I’m not put off this hoover… I don’t hate it…. its just infuriating, I’m forever hopeful an XL model will come out and then I’ll be all over it!!!

Been wanting a hoover that doesn’t have hair caught in the brushes for years. This is a bit heavier than the average cordless. Charge lasts for long enough to do whole house. The bin is easy to empty. Comes with all the attachments you’ll ever need. Not keen on the bit you have to pull up to get extra power. Like the fact it folds over so you can store it standing up in small cupboard. Like the bag that holds all the accessories, I hang that inside the cupboard door.

27. Julie Terpening says:

I love this vacuum, it’s made my life so much easier. Extremely lightweight and easy to carry around. Part of it detaches, so you can use it to get into those tricky corners and skirting boards. It’s great at getting right underneath furniture and the suction is good. There’s a very useful light on the vacuum so you can easily see the dirt. I’ve used it twice on one full charge and there’s still plenty of charge left in the battery. Good at getting up pet hair too. It folds so it takes up very little storage space. Highly recommend!

Seems good quality for the price paid. Slightly heavier than my 6 year old Dyson but then only half the purchase price. Easy to empty and suction is good. New battery lasts more than 40 minutes if you use mostly on low power, but this may reduce eventually. Cleaner is top-heavy and needs to be propped up when not in use or you can fold the top over for storage, but it takes a few minutes to re-connect for upright use. Recommended.

33. FallonGoldschmi says:

34. BrandonFPH says:

I am used to using the leading brand to hoover but after having numerous battery issues I decided to give this a go as there was 150.00 discount from the RRP.

I must say initially I was a bit wary because I used to just heavily rely on the reputation of the other brand but I felt like I had to be careful with this because it was new and unknown.

I was pleasantly surprised. It’s a little bit heavy to start with but moves with ease. I don’t believe I have used all its capabilities yet but it has plenty of potential.

My only disappointment is with the anti hair wrap technology. I admit that this was a huge selling point because the leading Serling brand do not have this and me and my daughter both have long hair that clogs the brush up. Unfortunately this hoover still clogs the brush which it claims not to do. Albeit not as much as other brands. Please see pic.

Better than I expected!

I have a corded shark vacuum cleaner that is brilliant, I also had a rechargeable vac, the van went wrong the brush bar stopped working as my hair kept getting wound around it, I ordered the rechargeable shark which in my opinion isn’t quite as good suction as the vax, but I like it for the anti hair wrap, it is very lightweight and I like the way the battery comes off to recharge and you don’t knead the charging unit for it to hang on.

38. Angelin56H says:

This handheld vacuum cleaner literally changed the way I clean. It is so quick and easy to use and tucks away by folding in just a few seconds.

As I don’t have to pack it in it’s box after every use I can just pick it up and use it every time I want to.
    Vacuuming is no longer a chore, but is actually enjoyable.

Has great suction power and really cleans and sucks the dust out of carpets. The extra power function works well for carpets.

The battery is also decent when it comes to usable time. I have 2-bedrooms and open space living and the battery is just about enough to vacuum the whole apartment and one of the bedrooms with extra power. I don’t mind having to recharge the battery though. It’s worth not having to carry bulky hoovers and trying to find a suitable plug to clean my house.

40. Danielle Richardson says:

We have two large dogs and until now, we have always had corded vacuums for max suction power etc. I was looking for something more light weight as I’ve been struggling with tendon problems in my arms, and decided on this one. I absolutely love it. It may not have the super suction power of some corded ones, but because it is so easy to use and handy, I find myself hoovering more often and for shorter periods, making the job much less of a chore. All the various functions of unclipping for shorter stem, emptying out, swapping attachments are so easy and convenient, this is a great tool.

I agree with all comments in other reviews. We have a corded Henry whom we still use for proper deep cleans and heavy duty vacuuming, e.g. cars.

The Shark is brilliant, but not made for picking up little bits of stick that the dog has dissected I have to add! But it does a decent job for a daily clean and picks up the dog hairs well – the attachments are easy to exchange if you want to get into small spaces, and it’s not too heavy to get into the high window corners or other awkward spaces.

We had a blockage which meant the motor was starting to sound different – I contacted Amazon about this. We’d been cleaning the filters regularly but not the long stick part. Help was offered immediately and resolved the issue, much to my relief. I had feared that the motor was damaged, but all is smooth and slick again now.

All parts were relatively easy to disassemble and we managed to clear it so it sucks and sounds great again. The blockage was caused by some of the bits of stick the dog had chewed into pellet sizes… though now we know what to look out for 🙂

To clean the stick, you’d need to insert a longer object to remove the blockage though it also separates into enough small parts for you to get it with a little knock to move whatever lumps are in there.

For easy charging you can just remove the battery and place that on any surface so no need to find a big space to plug the whole thing in – this I also only discovered more recently and we can now charge it anywhere. The battery generally lasts us a week or so for a daily quick 10 minute once-over.

Overall it’s obviously not quite as strong as Henry in terms of suction but enough for our purposes, and the children actually enjoy vacuuming these days!

44. Mikenmandy says:

I love this hoover. I am lazy. My house was more dirty than I’d like, because I couldn’t often enough be bothered with the hassle of wrestling with cables and tubes. I now hoover the whole house (a small house) twice a day, because it’s easy. I bought this hoover because of my own long hair, not pet hair, and it’s brilliant for picking it all up. One criticism, I will not get rid of my other hoover, because occasionally you need more serious suction.

45. AugustMccurry says:

46. Julian Chokkattu says:

I’ve always opted for cheaper Hoover’s and this was never good so thought I would treat myself and get a Shark, we have pets and one of my carpets was truly shocking what it picked up! I thought they were clean how wrong was I! Never used a bag less cordless before and I have been missing out big time I am obsessed! Not living in the 90s now that’s for sure! Easy to set up, lightweight and suction beyond believe 5 stars

47. ChristiY38 says: