Coral 10501 Paint Kit with Headlock and Mini Roller Frame and Hybrid Brush, Set of 12 Pieces

Coral Tools | product innovation for quicker & easier painting & decorating projects

How to get the best results from your Coral Decorating Set

Taking a few easy tool-care steps before, during and after use will extend tool lifespan and ensure optimum performance. We’ve shared some useful tips to help you achieve impressive results every time.

Q: How should I prepare my paint application tools before use?

A: Before first use, pre-wash the brush or roller to remove any debris. For best results on every use, pre-wet with a suitable thinner and remove excess for a slightly damp, primed state that will accept the most paint. Avoid using water-based and solvent-based coatings with the same tool. Always refer to the coating manufacturer’s recommendations before starting application.

Q: What surface preparation is needed before painting?

A: If needed, use a scraper or sandpaper to ensure all surfaces to be painted are free from loose or flaking paint. Fill any cracks or holes with a suitable filler or sealant and sand down before wiping the area clean. Before painting, ensure surfaces are free from dust and dirt; wiping or washing them with a little soap in water or a sugar soap works well.

Q: What’s the most effective application method for painting a neat edge line (‘cutting in’)?

A: Dip the brush into the paint around a third of the way down the filaments to prevent overloading, then tap gently against the side of the paint container to remove excess. About an inch away from the area you want to cut in to, start at the top and work down, holding the paintbrush like a pencil so that it is parallel to the edge. Gently steer your brush towards the corner, using light, even strokes as you carefully follow the direction of the line, working back into the wet edge.

Q: What roller application method will deliver the best results?

A: Dip the roller lightly into the paint; the paint should cover less than half of the roller, then roll backwards and forwards on the tray ramp to evenly distribute paint on the roller cover. Apply the paint to the surface with a large zigzag pattern, then fill in the space with criss-cross strokes. Once covered, level the finish by laying-off with long, parallel strokes. PRO-TIP: Rolling demands a light touch. No matter what paint-roller cover you’re using, always let the paint do the work. Keep the roller cover loaded with paint and use only enough pressure to release and spread the paint. Pushing on the roller to squeeze out the last drop of paint can result in ‘tramlines’, uneven coverage and finish and should be avoided.

Q: What’s the best way to clean my paint tools after use?

A: First, remove excess paint from the tool, then wash with a suitable thinner. For water-based coatings, use water. For solvent-based coatings, use white spirit. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a clean towel. Never soak, use hot water, or apply direct heat to paint tools. For rollers, spin to shape, stand on end and dry naturally.

Q: How should I store paint tools during and after use to prolong their lifespan?

A: To prevent dry-out and avoid dust and dirt entering the paint during short breaks in painting or overnight on longer projects, protect paint tools with an airtight cover like Coral’s Seal & Save Storage Wrappers, which keep painting tools fresh for up to 3 weeks! Once your project is complete, store tools in a cover or original packaging in a dry, dust-free place, to keep them in top condition for future use.

Q: Are there any time-saving tips to speed up my project?

A: Use Coral Paintwiz Scuttle and Kettle Liners in your paint container or tray to avoid the hassle and mess of washing out your paint containers daily or when switching paint colours. To prevent paint dry-out during breaks, simply tie the drawstrings to keep paint fresh.

Weight: 830 g
Dimensions: 37 x 29 x 6.5 cm; 830 Grams
Model: 10501
Part: 10501
Pack Quantity: 12
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: Coral
Quantity: 12

Good product but does leave bits on the wall/ceiling from the roller. Other than that good product. Not gonna order again as the issue with the roller sleeves.

2. Stephanie Mulholland says:

I used these to paint my kids room, perfect size roller set at reasonable price. Thank you

Does everything you need and the brush doesn’t shed hair. very inexpensive.

5. GregBlacklow says:

Love the headlock feature on the paint roller, made it very easy to remove the rollers. It is also lightweight so my wrist did not ache from painting, have repurchased this for the second time and would recommend

Perfect for decorating. The brush is handy for opening your tins without having to find another tool

A good price with prompt delivery, easy to use and clean.

Cheap and easy to use. Not too hard to clean the brushes. Roller is hard to get the paint out but they always are, overall good product that does the job well.

9. AJHMonserr says:

10. ArchieThyer says:

My son has painted my kitchen with this. Does what it says on the tin.

Does the job, doesn’t fall apart whilst using like some rollers do and easy to clea

12. Rory Reid says:

Done loads of painting I’m my time and it always so annoying when the roller decides to leave. This doesn’t happen with these and I’d never use anything else.

13. DonteSellheim says:

Cracking little set that did the trick painting two walls of my room today! Would really recommend, no bristles lost. Rollers really easy to wash as well, good as new for next time 🙂

Great value kit - had everything you need!

14. PhillipPoate says:

Good set for the price, quality is reasonable but for price pretty good. Would recommend

15. EstellaCrump says:

17. LashawnTarver says:

Good price. Prefect for what i needed and managed to paint the room easily.

What you’d expect for the price. They do the job nicely. There was some fluff loss on the striped fabric rollers but not a significant amount. For the money they are good value and we’ve used for over 4 rooms and still going strong!

This kit was great value at less than a tenner and for everything included was cheaper and better quality than sets previously purchased at B&Q. I was painting walls in two rooms, kitchen cupboards, skirting boards and tiles so used pretty much everything in the set, washing in between. If I could change anything it would be to also include a smaller tray for the smaller rollers but that’s just me being picky 🙂 a lot of reviews saying the tray had split and the rollers were bad but I had no issues at all and used both silk and Matt emulsion paint, tiles paint, wood paint and cupboard paint. No ‘fluff’ or disintegrating with any and found the brush to be great for edging (I hate frog tape so always need a decent brush for cutting in). Will definitely repurchase for my next redecorating task!

Great kit for painting

What is there not to like with this set, brilliant.
    My Husband nicks a lot of my things so I got this and I love it. Once you have your masking tape set up you are all set. Washing them afterwards was so easy as well. They don’t go back to the original white if you are using coloured paint but nothing else changes. All in all, very happy.

21. GabrielTregurth says:

Multi piece, does the job or rather I do, value for money.

22. FrancisOOI says:

Just love the rollers, comfy to grip, easy to use and very good when it comes to cleaning

23. Chowhound Staff says:

Exactly what you need. Good quality, no loose bristles on brush

I got these on a whim. Noticed a few marks on the walls that I thought could do with covering. I was really impressed with how easy the rollers covered with just one coat! I liked the lock function on them. Easy to use and really good value. Cleaned well with hot soapy water.