BOSCH 0601B19170 GCM8SJL Single Bevel Sliding Mitre Saw, 240V, 216mm Ø, Multicolo

Size: 216mm Ø
Dimensions: 41 x 46 x 91 cm; 17.3 Kilograms
Model: 0601B19170
Part: 0601B19170
Colour: Multicolor
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: Bosch Professional
Colour: Multicolor
Quantity: 1
Size: 216mm Ø

1. HollieWelsh says:

Golden Review Award: 25 From Our UsersSomewhat disappointed – suffering a bit of buyers remorse wishing I’d bought the equivalent Makita product.

The saw is accurate out of the box and is well made considering it’s at the lower end of the price scale. The base plate is
    very solid and well machined. The mitre angle adjustment is very positive and straightforward to use.

Dust collection is on a dual port system and is excellent.

Single bevel mitre angle works very well and is enabled from the front (so no fiddly reaching around the machine).

The negative bits were:
    The amount of play in the slide (it’s quite a long slide at 312mm) – not a major problem but I expected better.
    The soft-start feels weird – lot’s of vibration.
    The cut struggled occasionally scorching the stock – it’s marked as a 1600w motor.
    The biggest problem was that on the full 45 degree bevel, the blade fouls the plastic insert which causes a slight
    blade deflection until you’ve ‘trimmed’ enough out of the insert. This doesn’t look very ‘professional’ though.

Dust collection is on a dual port system and is excellent.

The negative bits were:
    The soft-start feels weird – lot’s of vibration.

3. Todd Werkhoven says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our Users“Brilliant Bosch”. Well engineered and very accurate. Arrived on time well packaged by the manufacturer, virtually fully assembled with an easy to follow fully detailed operation manual with pictures. Good value for money product, Well chuffed, “You pays your money and takes your choice” I would have dearly liked their top of the range model, it looks awesome, but could not justify the cost for DIY use. Check it out though!

5. ChetChevalier says:

Great saw can on time good clean cut with the blade that comes with i

6. JacksonReinhart says:

Great saw can on time good clean cut with the blade that comes with i

7. RomaBadilla says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersVery happy with this purchase. It is a great mitre saw and I have done my first flooring DIY job at home laying the wooden floor using this. Very user friendly and professional

he only minus so far is the dust ejection facility being not to great thats why 4 staras

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersBrilliant mitre saw had my eye on this one for ages now. It cuts so well and very clean fine cut. I would recommend this product . Being the only tool manufacture of the Bosch professional range I only go for just brilliant .

12. EpifaniOConnell says:

Great for use at home….difficulty in seeing laser guide…not sure of the benefi

Great for use at home….difficulty in seeing laser guide…not sure of the benefi

Golden Review Award: 154 From Our UsersFirstly let me say I’ve been a carpenter for over 30 years, so I have some experience with mitre saws.

Ok I had three mitre saws that were all Dewalt. 1) a 305mm blade which tilts both ways which I use for larger roof framing projects etc. 2) The new cordless Dewalt which I use for smaller projects or if no plug in power is available. 3) A 216mm blade Dewalt which will handle most projects that I used daily, this saw eventually died after years of use so I needed a replacement.

I don’t like the design of the new 216mm mitre saws from Dewalt, they remind me of an Elu I had many years ago. So I did some research and opted for the Bosch GCM 8 SJL on Amazon at the very reasonable price of 259. I almost went for the Makita equivalent which also looks a good machine, I have other Makita tools which are first class.

Out of the box I checked the saws cutting accuracy, the saw cut absolutely spot on square so no adjustment required. The only thing I had to adjust was the laser. I always download the Pdf manual of all my new power tools from their makers websites, but this saw also comes with a paper manual which explained how to adjust the laser.

The sliding action is very smooth and the saw has an adjustable depth stop for doing trench cuts etc, a very useful addition which I’ve used for lap joints. The saw has table extensions both left and right which I really like for extending the support of material. This saw only tilts one way, but that’s not an issue you just need to reverse your cuts. The mitre adjustment setup is different to what I’m used to on the Dewalt saws, but it works perfectly fine. The saw has plenty of power and comes with a very good quality blade, I’ve cut through 8″ x 2″ timber like a hot knife through butter.

Another reviewer complained about the dust extraction? If you connect an dust extractor to the machine it works really well, if you don’t you will get a buildup of sawdust but that happens with all machines. I’d always recommend connecting an extractor if you’re working inside for health reasons, if you’re working outside it’s not an issue.

Now this machine is a Bosch and it’s a mitre saw, so I certainly expected to pay much more for it. The fist thing I did notice when I unboxed it was it’s made in China, something a work colleague didn’t like. However I’ve had it about a month now and I must say I’m impressed with it, this saw certainly has German engineering.

So I’d say it’s not the best mitre saw I’ve ever had, but for the money it’s defenatly the best value and will do just about any carpentry project thrown at it. So far I’ve cut a small hipped roof on an extension with it, it’s cut skirting, architraves, studwork, handrails, base rails and spindles etc all very accurately.

If you’re looking to buy a mitre saw think about what sort of work you’re going to do with it and what size timbers you’ll be cutting, then buy accordingly. I use this saw for every day general carpentry and so far I’m pleased with it. So for that reason and especially for the price I’d recommend it and I’ve given it five stars!

So far very good. I use this saw in my work shop, I’m not sure how it would work on a site. It is a light compact saw easy to set up and very accurate. i would be happy to recommend it for workshop use but not for site use.

16.  United Kingdom

17. ThurmanBrownell says:

brilliant saw recomended 10/10 well worth the extra money
    does exactly what it says on the tin only down fall is the dust extraction but i just plug a hoover into it and it works ok

brilliant saw recomended 10/10 well worth the extra money

19. The Dawn of Running How Running Changed My Life says:

I don’t normally leave reviews but this is simply and absolutely superb piece of kit.

20. Reed4272wgqptz says:

Bought for Grandson and he is delighted with the mitre saw

22. JudsonOttgcqy says:

Bought for Grandson and he is delighted with the mitre saw

I bought this after my previous cheaper Mire saw gave up up after quite a few years of work, so far I am not disappointed. As you would expect from Bosh products it is well made and the markers seem reasonably accurate even out of the box but its worth checking. Folds up nice and compact for transport and the carry handle is an added bonus

24. Alice Gilman says:

Very well made and great quality. Have used this for various diy projects such as skirting boards and window sills. Would definitely recommend

Love the solid feel. Every angle is accurate. Feels vey professional.

26. Joshua Fruhlinger says:

Love the solid feel. Every angle is accurate. Feels vey professional.

27. JoycelyDowell says:

Very good saw had an older version years ago couldn’t t fault tha

Good quality saw and easy to use ,very accurate too,all you expect from bosch

29. webteam-aj says:

Good quality saw and easy to use ,very accurate too,all you expect from bosch

I got this for the shop as I was fed up carrying my cordless one in and out, this is a great saw leaves a nice cut, easy to set up.

This machine is such great value for money. The quality is unrivaled, lots of metal parts in places it’s competitors would have used plastic parts. This machine can do wider cuts than any of its rivals, which you just don’t usually get with a blade this small.

32. mglawler says:

Very happy delivered on time well packaged enjoy using it for D I Y nice clean cu

33. DemetriaVelasqu says:

Had 2 mitre saws in the past, both of them cheaper ones. Was going to buy same saw from screw fix @ 299, found it on Amazon on a limited time deal for 237, what an absolute bargain for a great saw

All the quality of Bosch pro tools you’d expect, great equipment, sturdy build quality

35. EuniceSweet says:

It does exactly what it say on the tin (well box that is lol) great saw, works well, good clean precise cuts, I would definitely recommend this produc

36. SavannaTPU says:

It’s Bosch Pro, so it works straight out the box and is set up and completely accurate to boot.

What more could you ask for?

Only download to this saw is it’s nearly a meter back to front which could be a issue in a small workshop.

This is part of the professional range and is very capable saw. The 30cm width of cut allows for some flexibility in the use and can handle reasonably think wood as well.

I did a bit of homework on what is the best value for money and what delivers a great job, I went for this one and after giving it a workout it gets a big thumbs up from me, easy to use and accurate, so pleased I got this one!!!

Works perfectly. Does everything I want it to. However, if you want the laser line to work longer than 3.5 seconds maybe this isn’t the saw for you.
    Otherwise great value for money.

40. Linette4109 says:

I’ve only used this for a few jobs so far, but it’s an absolute pleasure to work with. Well worth watching the online video to see the features demonstrated. I’ve never yet been disappointed by a Bosch power too (or domestic appliance for that matter) and this saw is no exception. It’s outstanding and I’d highly recommend it !

This is my second one, first one was good, lasted about 10 years then things went south and needed to be replaced. As I stated it was a good machine but this one is much, much better in EVERY way. It is an extremely excellent piece of kit.
    My motto is get the best ( and look after it) and you will not regret it.

My motto is get the best ( and look after it) and you will not regret it.

43. MaritzaTimmons says:

Outstanding quality, excellent accuracy and a joy to use. Bosch really know how to make tools.

44. Gene Petersen says:

Great value for money and do DIY jobs around the house and Projects, bought it for putting down a solid wooden flooring.