Bosch Rotak 34R Electric Lawnmower (1300 W, Cutting width: 34 cm, In carton packaging)

Dimensions: 37.8 x 61.6 x 40.2 cm; 11.1 Kilograms
Model: 06008A6172
Part: 06008A6172
Colour: Blue
Pack Quantity: 1
Batteries Required: No
Batteries Included: No
Manufacture: Bosch Home and Garden
Colour: Blue
Quantity: 1

1. Ashley Spiker says:

The Bosch Rotak 36 R Electric Lawnmower is an efficient machine. It has a powerful 1300 watt electric motor and adjustable cutting height at five different heights. At first, I was surprised to find that the body is made of plastic, but on reflection, this means that it will not rust. It cuts well and is easy to use. The grass collection box is also made of plastic. I am pleased with my purchase.

3.  United Kingdom

The weight is heavier the expected but it cuts the grass really well. A good purchase for the price.

Quite easy to put together although the instructions are only drawings. Wheels can be secured by hitting them with the heel of your hand to make them secure. Very light and easy to manoeuver. Good size grassbox. Starting lever doesn’t feel very positive but seems to work okay. Overall good value at the price paid.

5. AntonettaFulker says:

I purchased this mower to do a friend’s very large lawn. It managed the lawn with ease. The mower is quiet and the grass cuttings box held far more than my previous mower. I managed to assemble it on my own. The only bit I struggled with was getting the back wheels to click on. Good mower for the money

6. sarahmoomaw says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersI have owned three of these and I have found they perform consistently for about 6 years and then need replacing. I managed to sell the previous one for about a third of the cost of a new one. I expect it will keep running OK for another 2-3 years. I have to admit to being a bit lazy and have never bothered with getting the blade sharpened.

As you can see from my video I don’t have a huge lawn. It takes me about 7 minutes from start to finish. There is no lead winder. You could simply wrap the cable around the handle. However, I bought an inexpensive frame to wrap the lead around. I would quite like to have a hook on the handle that I could attach this to.

When the grass is damp I only need to empty the grass bin once. If it’s dry, the grass bulks up and I have to empty it twice. As you can see in the video I had meadow turf laid. As a result it tends to clump as the grass grows. The Bosch 34R handles this when the grass gets as high as 6-9 inches.

The handle can be loosened and folded onto itself to reduce the height for storage. A lot of people mention the grass container being a bit flimsy. In the more than 10 years I have been using this model it has never really been an issue. I have also never had a problem with the power switch, although it can feel a little lightweight.

I have only used it twice. I am really pleased with this mower. After using a flymo for years,this is a pleasure to use. thank you.

This little mower is lightweight but cuts very well. I’ve only give it four stars as although pretty easy to assemble, the handle proved very tricky at the point where it joins to the main mower body, ie the holes for the screws did not line up properly. However, with much strenuous effort my husband and I managed to get it sorted. All in all, it’s a nice, lightweight mower, even if on the cheaper side, and I would recommend it for a smaller garden but please have another person with you when assembling!

9. MattieWinkler says:

I am a single women, this was recommended for me as it was light AND mowed to edges! I had to have someone put it together for me, used twice so far and all wheels have come off, My lawn is slightly uneven and mower will not cope with the different levels. I was shocked to see it was made with very fine plastic and parts just do not meet. The box was dismantled and put in the rubbish on the premis that the mower WOULD work. This is not so, need to return. Disgusted with the equipment.

13. KobyDelgadillo says:

Ok so putting together straightforward but was s bit fiddly. Mows well but awkward to manoeuvre, I usually go for Flymos which hover and you can throw around more and cut lower. This is ok but grass annoyingly collects on wheels if grass slightly damp. Overall it cost me 129 so can’t complain it does work well but personally I think I prefer hover lawnmowers – also 21st century so next time seriously considering a wireless mowe

14. Dan Evon says:

15. KayleighSolorio says:

Although a Bosch product, it is not built with the same quality as other Bosch products. You get what you pay for, and the low price makes up for it.

Be careful to not over tighten the red pressure clamping bolts that attach the handle setup to the body of the mower, others have over tightened and snapped them. As long as you down do that, you will be fine.

Cuts grass well, no problem, but definitely not good for larger gardens.

Cuts grass well, no problem, but definitely not good for larger gardens.