Dremel 8220 Cordless Rotary Tool 12 V, Multi Tool Kit with 2 Attachments, 45 Accessories, Lithium-Ion 2.0 Ah Battery, LED Light, Speed 5000-35000 rpm for Carving, Engraving, Cutting, Sanding, Grinding

Dremel, multi-tool, 8220
Dremel Expert Kit

DREMEL 8220

Tackle all your detailed indoor and outdoor DIY projects with just one Multi-Tool. This cordless power tool runs on a 12V lithium-ion battery and is as powerful as corded Multi-Tools. Go from cutting and grinding to sanding and polishing with the greatest precision.

Multiple Applications

1. -

Cutting

Use your Dremel multi-tool and cutting accessories to get a smooth and precise cut. They also allow you to quickly remove or trim protruding bolts, screws and nails.

2. -

Sanding

Smoothening surfaces and shaping curves and other shapes can be a hassle without the right accessories. Luckily we’ve got you covered! You can also use sanding bits to remove rust, paint or rubber.

3. -

Cleaning

Use the interchangeable accessories to remove rust and corrosion, polishing metal surfaces, deburring or clean electrical components.

4. -

Grinding

All materials are affected by wear and tear to some extent. Use your Multi-Tool to restore edges on garden tools such as shears and shovels, and sharpen lawnmower and chainsaw blades.

5. -

Carving

From engraving furniture and carving pumpkins to routing kitchen cabinets and baseboards. Use this multipurpose accessory kit to carve, engrave or route any material solid enough to be shaped.

Carving, engraving, routing, cutting, sanding, grinding, sharpening, polishing and cleaning. One system, thousands of uses.

Dremel Expert Kit

Easily go from cutting to carving to sanding to polishing and more. The added EZ SpeedClic accessories enable you to quickly change between applications.

Dremel 8220

Dimensions: 25 x 4.5 x 6.5 cm; 660 Grams
Model: 8220-2/45
Colour: Grey
Manufacture: Bosch
Colour: Grey

1. Adfit11 says:

Fantastic tool. Far better than the mains version. Very versatile and suprisingly light for the power it has. Excellent value on Amazon, saved over 30 compared to shops.

2. RJXPriscil says:

I received this gift for my Xmas . I just love it . Easily held in the hand and being a battery operated Dremel no cord gets in the way .
    Also I have several attachments which can be easily fitted for use. Such a handy tool to have around .

if you’ve had one you know how good these are, I’ve been boring a friends for years so couldn’t keep taking the piss so bought one.. I’ve just cut the bolts off a CV joint on a classic car which were seized, cut through them with easy and the small size made it easy

While the drill has a decent amount of power, some of the tools are a bit weedy for normal DIY. That said, its a great tool for those fiddly grinding/cuttings things you sometimes have to do to bodge things.

Simple tool fitting and I like the light.

6. ChongPaige says:

Dremel quality and design – excellent.
    Very convenient and the battery lasts a reasonable amount of time.
    Complements my corded Dremel.

Been a very useful tool while building my campervan and with my stained glass work. Sometimes I have to experiment to find the right attachment for the job, so worth having a variety handy.

8. DarbyGouger says:

I have had several multi tools my first 30 years ago corded that still works but worn . Two more recent cheaper versions than the dremel , both cut out often and once they do they cut out again within seconds . The dremel doesn’t and with the 12v batteries last long enough for most jobs or more . So many attachments can be added as you need them . It’s all quality I would buy agai

Good tool but very pricy for what it is and the competition is getting ever closer to this standard.

10. NancyMoncrieff says:

I’ve wanted a Dremel for a very long time and finally got one and I love it. A bit confusing about uses of chucks at first but once that was over there was no problem and I have used it successfully for many jobs already, with many more in the pipeline. The only thing that bugs me is that battery life isn’t great. I’d like to see a battery cage that allows mains operation?

I’ll write a more detailed review after using it.

in the product details it says “1 battery” – in the Q and A some non-amazon / dremel people have said 2

The 8220 I just ordered and received has 1 battery – as per Amazon’s description – so can’t complain – but I feel Amazon should remove or comment on the misleading Q&A

12. ErnestiUribe says:

I did intend buying the Dremel 8200 with 65 accessories, but when placing my order it was out of stock so, rather than wait, went for 8200 with 45 accessories. My mistake, only one battery instead of two and case not worth the plastic its made of. I am surprised with Dremel; its a quality tool yet packaged with no thought at all to the user. I don’t mind it being a cheap plastic case, but I would expect the components to fit snuggly. the only thing that fits is the hand tool; it looks like a case made for another items and bundled together at the last minute. I looked up the Dremel website to see if I could purchase the other case (looks somewhat more substantial), but alas no, not for sale. Dremel obviously do not need the money when their are impatient fools like me around. Docked a star for this reason only.

13. Julie Terpening says:

I had put off buying one for years but now I have it I find myself using it all the time. You do need to spend money on more tools.

14. Melissa says:

Bought this as an addition to my ever expanding took chest. I was somewhat sceptical it being battery powered, however I needn’t have worried. It does all that the cable operated ones do. Only downside is the lack of the updated 3 jaw chuck.
    Very handy tool for anyone `handy`.

First product I received had a faulty battery. No amount of charging could bring it to life. Returned and Amazon sent replacement. Newly received product works perfectly.

Instructions could be better. Some better quick-start brochures or booklets would be helpful. The standard manual is just not great.

Superb piece of kit. Always wanted a dremel. Comes in a nice case.

I’ve only used this a handful of times but it’s been a great tool so far.

I used it to clean up my old Estwing hammer which is over 30 years old and had become very rusty and lacklustre (see photos)

The hammer came up great using a combination of an orbital sander and then the Dremel tool with sanding drum attachments to finish all the fiddly bits. I did need to charge the battery after a while but it’s fully charged again in just under an hour so I got on with other stuff while waiting and then came back to finish the job

Great little cordless tool

18. OctaviaQWK says:

It’s a good device but the instructions are none existent. Sure you can find various videos online, but Dremel should make their own video for this specific device and the accessories it comes with. The video should go through each accessory and show how to attach and use those accessories on various materials. Dremel could also have a bonus video showing how to attach and use other accessories which are available to buy. The huge single sheet that comes with the device helps but it isn’t enough. Seems like a lazy option by the company.

I use this to clean up my plaster of pairs casts. the battery lasts for a long time and it does the job. My only moan is that I wish the motor would spin the other way so that I don’t get covered in dus

20. VirgieSlessor says:

Very pleased with this item have used it many times

Excellent, should have purchased it sooner, would have saved me a lot of time.

22. Lucas6553ke says:

Only had the Dremel a week or so, however build quality is first class. The couple of jobs that I have done so far have proved to be no problem for the tool at all, first impression are good, but like most things in life, only time will tell.

Being cordless great item to move around work shop with

Hmmmm Now this (I thought) could come in very handy….?
    And Boy was I right, the amount of fiddly sanding (or polishing) that it’s done has more than paid for itself!
    Me, I’m well happy with the kit, even now – 3+ years later….

25. NoreenWedding says:

I already have this product so have bought it for my son for Christmas. I am sure he will be as pleased with it.

I have an electric one, but wanted a more portable one. Tool works very well. Used it a lot recently, and it hasn’t failed to impress.

27. Cristian S. says:

Bought as a gift for my picky husband. He loves it.

28. mydanishkitchen says:

Well made used over Christmas on Land Rover to cut off rusty bolts and screws. Battery life very good. Useful set of tools supplied. Much better than my bright orange mains powered rotary tool.

29. ClintonIsx says:

Brought for my husband for Christmas and he loves it. Works very well on lots of different jobs

30. Rev. Kim Justice says:

I’ve used this Dremel extensively in my restoration of a classic Jag over the past few months. I would have been lost without it! I’ve used it for polishing, grinding, cleaning and sanding. Brilliant! Battery life is OK and power is fantastic.

31. GolfSpy_Zinger says:

dont waste your money buying anythink else just buy the best .

32. ShereeChristmas says:

dont waste your money buying anythink else just buy the best .

33. Fenway Health says:

I can only say I was a little weary of buying another Dremel , they are costly now compared to other brands available now , however the 12v version so far is simply superb , simple to use and I love the freedom the cordless version gives .

Awesome piece of kit,can’t speak highly enough about i