Evolution Power Tools R210SMS+ Sliding Mitre Saw With Multi-Material Cutting, 45° Bevel, 50° Mitre, 230mm Slide, 1500 W, 230 V

R210SMS+
Slide Rail Protector

Size: 230 V – Domestic
Dimensions: 61 x 57.5 x 31.4 cm; 11.2 Kilograms
Model: 048-0001A
Manufacture: Evolution Power Tools
Size: 230 V – Domestic

The 110V is useless for home use. It needs clearer labelling.

I have been looking for a chop saw for some time reading and reviewing reviews relating to most brands.Wasn’t looking for a large unit just one that fits the Needs of small to medium DIY tasks. This evolution model works perfect .I would definitely recommend it !!!

3. RuthWeldon says:

My Hitachi C10FCA finally packed up after 20 years of excellent service, I was about to dismantle it and attempt a refurb but decided to look and see what was available online first.
    Wow, so much choice and at such competitive prices (My Hitachi cost 200 back then).

I looked up reviews here and on other sites, mostly DIY and tool sellers, also some youtube reviews, as a result, I selected this model as a decent budget saw ideal for my now somewhat limited use.

One draw was I wouldn’t have to change blades to cut through metal.

First impressions when I opened the box were not good, compared to my old saw, this was light and tiny, to me, it looked like a toy.

If it hadn’t been for all the positive info I would have returned it as it was, but I decided to give it a fair trial.

Assembly was straightforward but the instructions were somewhat overcomplex and confusing and could prove difficult for some, but stick with it and all should click into place.

Once assembled it did look like an effective bit of kit, smaller than I was used to but the weight meant it was much easier to move around.

It easily dealt with a range of woods at different sizes, the sliding head meant it could handle wide planks with ease, and the laser guide ( which I thought I wouldn’t need) proved an added bonus.

With metal, I’ve tried 5mm mild steel bar and 15mm copper tubing, both sliced through with ease.

Cutting is clean and accurate, the cutting table is small so you will need to extend for anything over 1 metre long, the supplied clamps are not too good and need beefing up or replacing.

So far I’m very happy with its overall performance so far, apart from one niggling thing.

The sawdust bag provided is useless, unless you have an extractor set up you will need a vacuum cleaner on standby to clear up the mess as you work.

Will this last as long as the Hitachi? I doubt it, it’s not sturdy enough, but for my limited use if I get about 10 years I will be happy.

As for the Hitachi, too good to junk so I’ve put it on my list of winter jobs.

4. PaulaToRot says:

Used chop saw today really good and safe to use to would really recommend

5. DanielleNewby says:

Used to install a kitchen including the pelmet – saw has compound mitre function but only in one direction – hence I found it easier to clamp the moulding and just use 45 degree cut which produced a nice clean cut both face to back of cut and to front (which was a pleasant surprise given the moulding size). Laser is accurate to final cut across the full cut width. Dust bag is not much use so would recommend fitting a vacuum hose to the bag outlet. Note that with all such saws you need to give sufficient bench depth to the slide bars to allow the saw to fully cut the width – this was the largest saw I could use without resorting to a stand.

Excellent when built Assembly took a bit of working out. Had to uTube a mistake I made, after which it was easy

7. David Phelan says:

As I’ve been supplied all Summer with offcuts and other wood for burning in my Woodburner and I hadn’t had a chance to cut it up. I decided to buy the Evolution R210SMS+. There are a host of features I haven’t used and may never use, but it is ideal for cutting up equal lengths of wood for storage for burning over the winter. Wasn’t that difficult to assemble and found the Videos on YouTube helpful. I’m sure I’ll use the other features one day, but in the meantime it has made life much easier.

8. MaggieHertz says:

This chopsaw is amazing, it cuts Mahogany like butter, it is accurated when set up, and quiet. This is my fourth chop saw during 35years

Great to use but the piece to add for cable is on wrong side of machine

I didn’t realise what builders specification was so was shocked this didn’t have a standard plug. Nearly returned it due to this but purchased a power pack thing instead, really glad I did as I love this machine

Great bit of kit for a D I Y er, the laser is spot on and accurate, if I’m doing a project I use the saw for everything I can, safety has been well thought of too, I haven’t come across any part u could hurt yourself unless taking guards off which I would not recommend, powerful and makes any wood work job easy, I would recommend this saw to anyone who does wood work professionally or just as hobby

12. LucioFarrell says:

I had to return this model and order the “mains” version. No problems with the return, thanks Amazon.
    An incredible machine. Does all I wanted. It is robust and easily does the job. I am a little disappointed that the mains version does not include the cuttings collection bag which is included in the 110v version.

13. MitziPEXJvks says:

Reading reviews about other similar equipment, the negatives aren’t here with this. It was easy to put together, no setting up needed. Presion clicks and well made. Laser is accessible and doesnt clog up. Dust bag works and it looks good too. I bought a cheap folding work bench to stand it on (to save my knees) I wish I’d reached a bit deeper in my pocket and bought the proper evolution stand with extending arms as it would stop the larger planks from falling to the floor when cut.

Much better quality to the last one . Really well made and very reliable. Any one thinking of buying this one look no further great deal.

15. Denny05Eama says:

The saw was extremely easy to set up and adjust . For the price and with a three year guarantee a must buy

Well what can I say about something that I haven’t opened the box to yet. I’ve had this for over a month now and not even opened it for all I know it may not work or pars missing. And it’s to late to send back. But it should work. HOPEFULLY

Will be a great addition to my workshed.
    So versatile it will be so useful.
    Good value.