Hyundai 2 in 1 Lawn Scarifier, 1500W Electric Lawn Aerator with 5 Heights,36cm Working Width, 45L Bag, 10m Cable & 3 Year Warranty.

HYSC1500E hysc1800e
Voltage 230V – 50Hz 230V – 50Hz
Motor Power Rating 1500W 1800W
No Load Speed 3600rpm 3500rpm
Working Width 36cm / 360mm 38cm / 380mm
Working Depth -12mm, -9mm, -6mm, -3mm, +10mm -12mm, -9mm, -6mm, -3mm, +10mm
Grass Collector Capacity 45L 45L
Measured Sound Level 102dB(A) 108dB(A)
Power Cable 10m 10m
Net Weight 11.4kg 13.6kg

Dimensions: 100 x 50 x 60 cm; 11.5 Kilograms
Model: HYSC1500E
Colour: Blue
Manufacture: Hyundai
Colour: Blue

Arrived in time and put it straight to work. I have to say assembly instructions could be better, I had to Google it to get the grass basket in place. Other than that good value for money, I have a big garden so scarifying by hand wasn’t an option. This made job very easy. Manual rake still needs to come out but for doing it once a year I’m not bothered.

As mentioned lightweight, only problem is the collection of moss etc. have to rake lawn after use

Australia

works fine only had to get a UK to Aus power adapte

4. MillardBowen says:

Reasonably priced, quality ok, does the job, collecting bag does not work though on dry moss.

Fantastic machine dose a great job,lawn done in no time

6. JeroldLarson says:

Powerful machine. Good range of heights to choose from and very effective in removing material from the lawn.

7. DeloresC73 says:

Only used it once but it did a good job if it works one more time it’s paid for itself vs hiring one good optio

Grass collection bag is poor doesn’t really work easy to use a mower to pick the grass up

9. TylerGallard says:

The scarifier is an excellent tool, the only fault I could find was the grass collector, in comparison to the unit it was of poor design and much to small. Used the kit without the collector and raked up after, great job.

10. ClaudeBlakeley says:

The box contains more like a kit of parts than a Scarifier and the assembly instructions are rudimentary however in fact assembly is straightforwards taking about 15 minutes. I didn’t bother assembling the grass box as from experience with similar equipment I know it will be next to useless. There’s a strange little plastic clip which is supposed to be some sort of strain relief for the mains cable but I couldn’t work out how to use it so I didn’t fit it either. Getting the handle height was a bit awkward as it’s difficult to keep the handle where you want it while tightening the overcentre clips but you get there with a bit of trial and error? The scarifier came with the scarifying blade already in place and since I was primarily interested in using it as a lawn rake I was able to test the blade swapping mechanism which is really easy and well designed and took all of 3 minutes.
    The mains cable is a bit restrictive as you’d expect and it’s just something you need to work around, throwing it aside whenever it seems to be getting in the way but no problem really. It comes tightly coiled so to start with it tends to curl up a bit but I expect it will unkink if left coiled more loosely. The lawn rake blade Id the usual assembly of spring tines and there is a warning in the handbook not to use the lowest settings as there’s a risk of over stressing them but the -6mm setting pulled out a (very) great deal of thatch. The machine isn’t particularly noisy and tends to run off on its own but it’s easy and better to just go along at a steady walking pace. A minor nuisance is that the blades don’t extend to the edges of the machine by a large margin so doing the edges of the lawn can be difficult and it’s hard to work out where to make successive passes without leaving an unraked strip between. The amount of thatch removed was impressive.
    As I already said I didn’t bother with the collecting box and just let the raked out debris lie on the lawn then I went over it afterwards with the rotary mower to suck it up and dumped it all in a heap to bag up later. No point in complaining about the poor collection as I’ve yet to see a Scarifier which does it to any useful extent. The thatch does tend to build up a bit under the flap where the collecting box should go and it helps to lift the flap a little using a piece of string to the handle but be warned that if there are any small stones or other hard objects on the lawn they’re liable to be ejected backwards at a fair speed so it’s best not to raise the flap too far.
    All in all I think this is a very satisfactory machine for the money – just a small reduction in the stars for poor assembly instructions, inadequate collection (as usual), and difficulty of working out how to avoid missing bits of the lawn.

Great item, pulled alot of moss and thatch from lawn, But the collection box not fit for use as would only full a quarter of box before i had to empty. Not a problem just use my lawn mower on highest setting to collect moss and thatch.
    Very happy with it.

No probs on basic assy and the machine is quite powerful. I think the grass basket is very flimsy and a bit blind to lock onto its fixing points

13. Alex VanderLinden says:

The only negative is the totally inadequate collecting box. It’s flimsy and in my experience failed to collect the thatch and moss. I used the machine without it and raked the thatch and moss afterwards.

14. NidaRawlins says:

Hired a scarifier last year and it nearly killed me it was so hard to use.
    This one is great. Very lightweight and easy to use. Powerful too.

15. Sean Morris says:

Great for scarifying lawns but the option for picking up all dead material plus moss with its attached bag is a waste of time. Ended up racking by hand and then running lawn mower over the lawn to pick up smaller remains. Need to rethink the process of picking up moss etc.

Great piece of kit ,I have a large lawn and it really did a job of scarifying easy change over for the aerator.Worth every penny.

Australia

Order this from Amazon UK since there are almost none to few options available when it comes to buy a scarifier/dethatcher in Australia. Have used to dethatch around 70 sq mtr of my lawn successfully.

Mind it that you’ll need to buy a good UK to AU plug adaptor, and heavy duty extension lead.

18. IBZOliveswgvno says:

Does what it says on the label. Well worth the money

Good at what it is supposed to do. I think the box attachment could be easier to fit as the lift up flap for the box is very tight and fitting the box can be a little fiddly. Pleased I bought it makes life easy around the lawns.

This seems to do what it says in the adve

Works very (TOO) well on my moss covered lawn.. Just one draw back is the moss/debris collector fills within a couple of feet before i have to empty it out, but it very good at it’s job. And with a 3 year warranty great value for money to.. Many thanks ..T..

22. RussellTracey says:

good product good price – but keep moving otherwise it will dig a hole in your lawn.

Bought this for my parent’s garden as the lawn was losing the battle to moss and ferns. So far so good brought loads of thatch up. The collecting bag could be better but aside from that very happy with it, and good value for the money

24. Новиков Сергей says:

Delivered within 24 hours, assembled in less than an hour and the lawn scarified in one morning. This is an excellent machine, easy to handle and manoeuvre, although the collecting bag detaches itself if not securely snapped into place. It requires a lot less effort than a spring-tined rake and does a better job. Well worth the money.

Only used the solid rake so far and has done a good job of ‘verticutting’ my lawn. Easy to put together; out of the box and working within 10 minutes. Cannot comment on reliability but it seems fairly robust for a plastic machine. The collection box isn’t the best as it’s angled down towards the floor so be prepared for a clean up afterwards!

Very fast delivery. I have not had a chance to use the item yet due to weather but it looks like a well made robust product.

Not too challenging to assemble but instructions could be a bit clearer. Easy to use and change rotor attachme

Great product. Easy to use, does a good job, light weight and easy to store

29. Manuel Carrillo III says:

Very sturdy piece of equipment
    Easy to assemble
    Seams great value

30. HenrietManton says:

Nice and light, well built. The only thing I did not like was a page/step missing in the assembly instructions.

Cracking product easy assembly & works a treat , wish I had bought one years ago.

The machine would get 5 stars if the instructions were clearer, they just needed to expand the fact that each of the handle sections are secured with a flip latch to enable the handle to be easily folded, each one is identical with the bolt going from the inside with a plastic spacer to the outside followed by the flip latch. Once together it is a very sturdy machine and quite wide. The height adjustment is easy to use and the mechanism to swap the rake and aerator rollers is quite easy to use (the wing nut underneath clamps in a bearing on the replacement roller).
    In use even on the highest 12mm setting with the rake it is going to pull you along and pull out heaps of moss and weeds, I moved it down to 9mm at first, but decided to stick with 12mm after a while.
    Unfortunately the collection bag is not great, once you have it together you may find that the entry is clogged up by the first metre of travel and decide as I did to take it off and rake up with a hand rake (and finish up with a lawn mower. That said it really has taken a lot of moss out and I think that once the lawn recovers it will be good.
    Not brave enough to try the aerator yet, that will be in the autumn.

When this was delivered (2 days early) it took 20 minutes to build and I was giving my ageing lawns a proper seeing-to.
    It made light work of thinning out the compressed thatch, then I used the verticutter to aerate the soil and a final pass with the scarifier to gather the rest of the trimmings. Filled a wheelie bin with old thatch!!

34. Jay Hilotin, Senior Web News Editor says:

This is a great product. it is powerful and does exactly what you want/need it to do. I have given it 4 stars because of the rather small basket and it product could do with being weighted, making it easier to control.

35. Marc V says:

It performs well. I’ve used it to aerate so far but will scarify soon. Very disappointing however that I paid 140 for this, but last week saw the exact same model in Lidl for 70 although branded as Parkside it was definitely the same machine but with a different name on it.

36. KayleneBurley says:

The basket fills up quickly so you end up emptying it every 4 or 5 meters but my lawn was full of moss, ended up leaving the basket off and raking the moss up after. Does a great job of ripping up the moss.

This is well made, easy to use, very clear assembly instructions. Ive put 5 stars for lightweight, it isnt light but thats so much better for the scarifying process. Very pleased with this machine.

Really good as a sustainable alternative to using weedkiller, much safer for children and pets too!

39. KennethWinburn says:

This is great machine very easy to put together and easy to use, highly recommend

The machine is very efficient but is let down by a very small collection box which lacks the ability to compress/compact the the grass/moss.

This robust machine does a great job, both as a scarifier and aerator. Would definitely recommend

Thank you for a well built product/design to put together, and l hope to have many years use. PT

43. reinaldocroteau says:

Great value product. Much better than more expensive scarifiers I have owned in the past.
    Fast delivery. Highly recommended.

44. FletaVVXrmht says:

Very good raker removed moss and weeds from lawn. easy to use. only downside was putting it together you need to read manual couple of times but overall would recommend.