United States

I was cautiously Optimistic when I bought this product and a bigger auger to go on it. After using it for a couple of days, I’m impressed. I really didn’t want another small engine to take care of. I will only use this on occasion once we do the fencing project, but I’ve already found it very useful for drilling holes during plantings. Well, it works as advertised and it works well. Plenty of controllable power and if you hit a big rock or root, it sounds an alarm and stops so you can deal with it before getting your wrists torqued or damaging the unit. I also bought the bigger 4ah battery for when I’m using it more often.

The packaging was EXCELLENT. Plenty of padding and extra support to protect the product- and fully recyclable. Instructions were easy and after topping off the charge on the 2ah battery provided, it was off and running. I also like that you securely bolt the auger onto the shaft. It was solid and I know I will be using this a lot more than I originally thought I would because you can really tear up and break up a lot of different soils, for other reasons besides digging post holes. It also looks like you can get an ice auger for it to use ice fishing. Very Pleased with the purchase!

2. Zak Islam says:

United States

This thing is great. Originally I was using it to do a couple holes for posts to build a raised bed. After I did that project I thought it might be useful to do several holes nearby to plant a tree. It works for that as well. Most recently I needed to on earth a concrete entombed yard sign and thought I would give it a shot. This tool was critical in me unearthing 4 and 1/2 feet of buried cement. I can’t believe how well this thing works. I would highly recommend this tool. The only word of caution is that if you hit something solid it will jerk on you so you must stabilize it as you’re holding it.

3. AimeeSainthill says:

4. edurolimeg says:

United States

This is an awesome gadget to have. We used it to dig wholes to install a fence. Worked great and broke through the dirt and smaller stones and roots. Battery lasted a long time. We also used it to put in our 2021 vegetable garden.

5. ndalessandro says:

United States

Love it, used it to plant lilac bushes. Hit a few stones but kept right in going. Though we didn’t need it today, I think the reversible feature is excellent in case we hit a big tree root. Living on a farm we have several fence posts to replace and this will be great.

7. Bella says:

8. Lizzie Cox says:

United States

It is the perfect balance between power and strength. If it gets suck it doesn’t rip your arms off, so you can simply put it in reverse to free it. If you want to dig a hike for a post make sure to move the soil do as to not get itself all clogged up. Don’t just use it for posts though, tree and shrub planting is made much easier. You soon get used to the weight and the fact that it is battery driven is a huge plus

9. HeathBXNnbhjzap says:

United States

The Landworks Electric Auger works as described. It is nice not to have to mess with noisy gas operated machines to dig post holes. I have sandy soil at the farm and it works fast and effectively in digging holes. I recommend it….and so far it has operated as described.

United States

We have been using this auger at the Botanical Garden for digging holes and turning our community compost piles. It is realiable and well made. Easy to use and light enough for the women to use efficiently. Using the auger saves time and eliminates the physical strain of digging holes. We are always planting, couldn’t live without this auger. An environmental soluction! We use battery operated tools only, no gasoline in this sustainable garden!

13. Jordanne says:

United States

Surprisingly powerful for such a “little” battery… makes the whole job so much simpler. The auger is not too heavy and is straight-forward to use, so don’t be scared.
    This tool seems pretty expensive, but as soon as I started using it I realized that the job of putting up the new fence would be SO much easier thanks to the auger that the whole “intimidation factor” just dropped away. I’m just using the battery that came with it and it works fine for me in Minnesota soil; excessively rocky soil will use up more battery power, but still this thing works well and I’ve used it also in rocky and in rooty areas, both. Would also be good for digging holes to plant trees and shrubs, and apparently can be used even as an ice auger for ice fishing… btw, I was worried that 8″ auger would be too big for fence poles but actually it’s just right.

15. Mayra says:

United States

Digs out a two foot deep hole in seconds. Excellent tool, and highly recommend it. I put up a post and rail fence. Could not have managed it without this auger. Very safe being battery operated

17. Serena says:

United States

Right tool for the right job.Should have gotten one sooner.I got it for a job that has 14 4×4 post.I tried it out at my house.My soil is hard enough to bend shovels and in order to use a post hole digger you have to use a 6′ wrecking bar to bust it up before using the post hole digger (takes about 30minutes per hole).This works surprisingly well, probably under 30 seconds a hole. I olny do 30-40 post a year so we’ll see how it holds up.

18. DemiMeredith says:

United States

This auger works great! I bought it with the six and eight inch augers and also an extension. Just charge the battery and get to it. Has good torque and the bits have a fairly tight spiral which I think helps with dirt removal. The best part though is that there is no messing with gas, no fumes while running and no NOISE! I could dig about eight holes about two feet deep before having to recharge and it will recharge in about an hour.

20. ShaylaKpnqyhqcn says:

21. TerriStansbury says:

United States

SO glad I purchased this machine in 2019. I don’t think there were any reviews on it or not many when I did. I use it for gardening and post hole digging. If you hit a rock then you just dig it out and keep getting it lol. It has saved me a lot of labor.

22. IleneKnotts says:

23. AlbertoMartino says:

United States

I have a friend who bought one and he uses his constantly. I have used it miltiple times with great results. I also bought the larger auger.

24. SheenaFabinyi says:

United States

El taladro me llego rpido y sin dao. Vino armado as que solo tuve que usarla. Me ha servido para poner las estacas de las cercas, y para abrir huecos para sembrar. La batera hasta ahora me dura bastante. Lo recomiendo .

26. DoreenWertz says:

27. MSYAshleyoe says:

Italy

L’ ho comprato per mettere dei pali sul confine del mio terreno in campagna e devo dire che lavora benissimo. Anche la batteria ha una buona durata. A volte la trivella s’ inceppa per fare il movimento inverso ma pu darsi sia dovuto solo alla mia scarsa abilit con queste attrezzature.

United States

Everything works as it should on this machine. Only suggestion I would have is to include the correct wrench to put it together. We had to go out and buy an allen wrench for this.

United States

Love the auger but I need to replace the charger that came with it. Unfortunately, I lost the charger and do not know the model number for the Landworks charger. Hope someone can help!!

32. ChelseaSimpson says:

United States

Lightweight but very sturdy and quite powerful, with reversing gear button. I dug five deep holes in mildly rocky ground and had half a battery charge left over. We have a 6″ auger. I’m glad we bought it.

33. GeorgiaLyons says:

34. KristalArias says:

United States

First use, I used it to dig 10 holes at 2′ deep each, and we have very rocky soil. It makes it through most of them and just throws them out, but once in awhile it will catch a rock stuck in the side of the hole and I have to pull it out to dig out the big rock and continue, but otherwise it was very quick and powerful, and the battery was still at full charge after those 10 holes, impressive. Well built, sturdy, looks good, holds a charge forever, and in good soil bores a deep hole in seconds.

35. AnnieDangelo says:

36. Jessica Walford says:

United States

I bought this when I was going to put in a short length of fence using 4 by 4s as posts. It worked well and efficiently. I have had it for over 2 years and have found so many other uses for it. I’ve put in a lot more fencing and I found that it was perfect for planting trees. In the garden, where my soil is clay and gravel, it makes holes that I can fill in with compost and garden soil to make my vegetables grow much better. Very impressive machine and in spite of abusing it (in the gravel) I haven’t even had to replace the 6 inch bit yet. Highly recommended for homesteaders and gardeners or anyone putting in fencing.

United States

I was worried that a battery powered auger would not work very well. Big Suprise. It is working very well and can do more holes than I have needed so far. I can handle this on my own.
    Ja