LEGO 42128 Technic Heavy-Duty Tow Truck with Crane Toy Model Building Set, Engineering for Kids Series

42128
A tow truck icon

Build a model replica of a classic truck

Fans of mechanics and engineering will love this LEGO Technic building challenge, recreating all the authentic details of a classic tow truck.

42128
42128
Realistic action

Recreate real-life tow truck adventures

This model features many authentic functions, just like a real tow truck, making it perfect for role play. Check out the 6-cylinder inline engine with moving pistons, crane, boom, winch, lifting axle and outriggers.

1. 42128

Lots to discover

So many awesome functions to explore

Packed with tow truck features, including pneumatic and mechanical functions.

2. 42128

Check out the action

Recreate tow truck rescues

Use the pneumatic pump to lift and extend the boom – like on a real tow truck.

3. 42128

Ready for anything

Maximum lifting power

Use the outriggers to add extra stability when lifting heavy loads.

4. 42128

Authentic movement

Let’s get the job done!

Just like on a real tow truck, the crane extends, lifts and rotates.

1 Realistic movement 2 Extending boom 3 Outriggers 4 Rotating crane
42128
A rewarding challenge

Learn through play

This truck toy set offers a rewarding build for kids and teens aged 11 and up who love mechanical toys. It’s also a great set for kids and adults to explore together while learning about engineering.

42128
Lots to discover

A huge truck, packed with features

With so many authentic features packed into this mighty model, the build is just the start! Enjoy hours of role-play action, exploring the truck’s many details and functions.

Dimensions: 58.2 x 37.8 x 11.8 cm; 2.92 Kilograms
Model: 42128SIOC
Colour: Multicolor
Colour: Multicolor

Used it to improve my dexterity due to cancer treatment causing neumotheropy.

Awesome. For me the joy of Lego is in the construction as well as the sense of completion of what is in effect a very detailed model. I really do take my time with these things and built this over several weeks. What a huge bit of construction this Tow Truck is! It’s been so cleverly and well designed with so much attention to detail. As with all Lego, the instructions are so well detailed that it’s a simple joy to follow them. Once the fun construction bit is finished the truck in completed form is amazing to look at and interact with. It feels very solid and its very tactile. An excellent product.

5. volisader says:

My 11 yr old managed to do this, in a few days.

My 11 yr old managed to do this, in a few days.

My 11 yr old managed to do this, in a few days.

Great model to build kept me busy for a while

11. PiperBilliot says:

Golden Review Award: 9 From Our UsersI was not expecting that to happen. This is the best lego model I personally have ever owned. I wanted to enjoy the construction of it and so I made sure that the instructions were followed to the letter. It took me 6 days to complete. Not because it was complicated, I just wanted to savour every last piece of building it and so I limited myself. It made looking forward to the next stage more exciting. Well done to the Lego team who designed this model with so many moving parts. It takes pride of place in my living room and if anyone mentions it, I lift it down to show all the features. A big kid, Yes, most definately and at 70 years old I hope to enjoy making another fantastic model.

This is my first Lego model and I really enjoyed building it. When finished it was well detailed and sturdy with excellent functional details. I now look forward to the next one when I decide which to buy.

13. ClaudioStroud says:

Well, this lego model is fantastic, it’s amazing value for money, great build, the part count, design and functionality make it stand apart from many sets costing much more, the pneumatic functions work very well, as do the linear actuators. The only thing I don’t like are the stickers, they look cheap and garish, so I left them off. All in all a brilliant model and I highly recommend it.

14. Joni Blecher says:

Great set well worth the money but that’s what you get with lego

15. GQEPhilgplwi says:

Bought as a birthday present to keep him amused. He loved it and our grandson eyes it with envy!

16. Steve Withers says:

I bought this when it was on a deal, but even at full RRP it would have been worth it.

Presented in the usual Lego way, sturdy colourful box. Easy to understand instructions, while remaining a challenging and fun build.

The pneumatics are new to me, and I think they work really well. I installed some micro LEDs to just enhance the overall look.

It’s a must have item for any Lego fan.

Awesome

17. LynetteRichie says:

Bought this a last a present and was well received. Had a piece missing but easy to order it free of charge. Would definitely recommend.

19. QuinnBollinger says: