Mountfield Electress 30 Litre Cordless Lawnmower, 30 cm Cutting Width, Battery-Powered, Up to 150 m², Includes 30 Litre Grass Collector, 20V 4Ah Battery and Charger Included

Your gardening companion

Mountfield cordless mowers

Mountfield Electress 30Li Cordless Mower

Light, powerful and easy to handle

With this Mountfield cordless lawnmower, say goodbye to annoying cables, engine noise and exhaust fumes! Thanks to a 20V 4Ah lithium-ion battery sufficient for areas up to 150 metres, maintaining your lawn becomes a walk in the park. Lightweight and manoeuvrable, it features a 30cm cutting width and a 30 litre collector for grass clippings, which can be easily removed and emptied. Choose between three different cutting heights, ranging from 30 to 70mm. Battery & charger included.

1. Battery kit

Fully charged in 140 minutes, the battery is compatible with other 20V Mountfield garden tools.

2. Safety key

Located by the battery, the key activates and deactivates the mower’s electrical circuit.

3. Push button start

The easy push-to-start design creates maximum convenience.

4. Charger included

Full charging takes 140 minutes with the included standard charger.

1 Battery kit 2 Safety key 3 Push button start 4 Charger included

Hand-propelled

1. MC 380 Li
  2. MC 340 Li
  3. Electress 34Li
  4. Electress 38Li
  1. MMT 20 Li multi-tool

Lightweight, versatile cordless multi-tool. With 45.5cm hedge trimmer attachment, 20cm pole pruner and 55cm telescopic extension. The perfect partner for a small garden.

2. MHT 2322 hedge trimmer

Hedge trimmer with 22.5 cc petrol engine, 70cm/27” double blade and rotating rear handle. It weighs only 5.6 kg and is perfect for most gardens and inherent tough hedges.

3. MTR 20 Li cordless grass trimmer

Energy-efficient lawn trimmer ideal for smaller gardens, Telescopic shaft with 8 adjustable positions, Runs for up to 20 minutes on a single charge.

4. MAB 40 Li cordless axial blower

Lightweight and easy-to-use blower powered by a 40V lithium-ion battery, with a maximum air speed of 50 m/s. Clean up your garden quickly and easily!

5. MCS 40 Li cordless chainsaw

Handy cordless chainsaw powered by a 40V battery, ideal for domestic woodcutting and garden tasks

6. MHT 20 Li cordless hedge trimmer

Compact and lightweight cordless hedge trimmer powered by a 20V battery, Ideal for smaller hedges

What factors will influence the battery run-time?

The battery run-time may vary depending on factors such as the density or height of the grass and if the grass is wet or damp.

How do I charge the battery?

The battery can be partially recharged, but must be recharged before first use and after a long period of inactivity (more than 30 days). At temperatures below 0° and above 45° C the system will not allow charging.

How do I empty and clean the collection container?

Lift and empty the collector wherever desired. You can then easily rinse the container with water. Allow it to dry before using again.

Size: 30 cm
Dimensions: 118.1 x 40 x 95.7 cm; 8.79 Kilograms
Model: ELECTRESS 30 Li Kit
Colour: Red
Manufacture: Stiga S.p.A.
Colour: Red
Size: 30 cm

1. KatheriHuhn says:

Golden Review Award: 30 From Our UsersGreat quality manufacture and very efficient. Replaced a petrol mower but this is just as powerful.

Golden Review Award: 16 From Our UsersI bought this for my elderly mum who still likes to cut her own lawn.
    The lawn is only 4m x 7m and the mower cut it lovely and only used a quarter of its charge. I had to cut the lawn twice as it was long so I was impressed that it only used a quarter.
    It is lightweight yet well constructed for a light domestic.
    Height adjustment is a little fiddly for elderly hands but to be honest this feature won’t be used and if necessary I or a neighbour can do it.
    I would certainly recommend for the budget.

3. ShanelKHZZ says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI bought this mower as I have Rheumatoid arthritis and need it too be light weight. This is the perfect anwer! it’s easy to use and lightweight.
    On opening it we did discover there was no battery charger but messaged the supplier who eere very understanding and apologistic. I received a charger in a few days.

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersThis mower could do with a lot more juice and a little less push

5. Rich Brown says:

Nice machine, suitable for small to medium gardens. Recharges in around an hour.

6. JaydenAllwood says:

Really good mower charge is quick done my lawn in 10 mins

7. NateHeffron says:

Surpassed my expectations! Very light and powerful enough to do my two small lawns! Don’t hesitate buy one!

8. AaliyahMKKO says:

This is a great little mower. Very lightweight, one handed, easy to use.
    I brought it for my wife and amazingly she is actually happy to mow the lawn.

9. AlineBorrego says:

Golden Review Award: 5 From Our UsersGreat little lawnmower. Very easy to use, smooth and quiet.
    I have two small lawns this is perfect for keeping them tidy.
    Simple to charge, the freedom from cables and extension leads.
    The only problem is the registration process.
    I thought that doing this online would be easy, but it wasn’t!
    Very clunky, difficult, and and way too many questions for a lawnmower registration!

Golden Review Award: 7 From Our UsersThe contrast with my previous corded lawnmower couldn’t be greater. Just mowed my whole, if small lawn without a single clog incident, even though it was somewhat shaggy. Only used a fraction of the battery. My old lawnmower would have required declogging at least three times and the catcher emptied at least twice.

These things are always a bit of a 3-D jigsaw puzzle when they arrive, but that’s just 20 minutes of fun for the life of the product. If all else fails, you could try referring to the instruction booklet, but that’s not great.

11. QBTLiliawnywzno says:

I was nervous about buying this more, wasn’t sure if it was going to be up to the mark. But I am very well impressed with it. My back garden is 10x6m grass and the front is 4x3m grass the more only used up 1 bar in the battery indicator, some people day it only lasts 20 minutes not true, unless they are cutting heavy long grass in which case they should be using a bigger more powerful machine anyway. It is easy to use and lightweight, the only gripe I have is the handles are a bit of a pain to fold down.

12. Barney Cotton says:

The product was easy to put together and I love the fact that I don’t have to worry about trailing cables. The charge ‘life’ of the battery is more than adequate for my needs.
    In fact, I’m delighted with this reasonably priced mower!

Excellent cut and battery length. Nice to be able to mow the lawn without been hampered by a cable.

14. CynthiaEsson says:

Great lawnmower. I only have a small garden so this is ideal. Very easy to assemble and the battery comes ready charged so it could be used straight away.

So pleased with this little lightweight mower. I went for the small width cut as I didn’t want to waste money if it was no good. BUT it is so lightweight, I literally can use just one hand to push it. Battery lasts well, apparently up to 20minutes. My lawn takes 10 minutes so I get 2 cuts before re charging. A good cut, easy to clean. It took me longer to work out how to start the mower than it did to assemble. Literally 4 screws! Press the button first then move the red start handle !!!!! Really pleased

Arrived within 1 day. Comes unassembled but is VERY easy to put together. Got it up and running within 20 mins and it runs quite quietly compared to our last lawnmower. No cord to get tangled up with just plug into the mains when you need to re-charge.

I did a bit of research before I brought this particular cordless mower, and it hasn’t disappointed. I had no issues putting it together. The battery charged in 30 mins and I was off mowing lawns, for 20mins or a little more. I would definitely recommend this fabulous piece of kit.

This is a lovely lightweight, easy to manage mower. My neighbours are very impressed that I can use it so easily. The charge lasts long enough for an approx 60 foot by 15ft lawn.

Golden Review Award: 23 From Our UsersJust received my Electress 30 li the smallest of mountfields cordless range and I have to say that after much research and concerns about its performance as a cordless ,I’m blown away. Having gone from a larger corded electric I wondered whether cordless really could deliver on cut , performance and length of charge. But I can say that it really does and is absolutely effortless compared to my larger older one. It’s easy to put together , took me no more that 15 mins out of the box ,was already 3/4 charged so topped it up to full in 15 mins. Made my first cut today both front and back ,back is approx 90sqm, front 60sqm, and having completed the job it still had 3 of the 4 bars of charge left , so on that basis I reckon I will get 3 mows before needing to be charged again , this takes 1 hour. You might think like I did that 30cm cut is not wide enough but it really makes very little difference in time maybe and extra minute or two overall. What I really like apart from the obvious liberty of the no chord situation is that it’s reall well built , solid and cut is excellent with the motor never slowing even in longer bits , it just cuts though cleanly and even though it doesn’t have a rear roller still leaves that strip effect on my lawn as you are going up and back. It’s also incredibly light and very quiet , it’s the quietest mower out there but as it so light you can manoeuvre round tree trunks and other obstacles effortlessly.
    I paid 119 for the 30cm which I think is an absolute bargain as their 34 cm ons is twice that price. You can also adjust the height in 3 ways , I had mine on 2 as 3 is very low cut but good to have that flexibility.
    So if you want to move to cordless and have a small to medium garden ,I would highly recommended this and don’t be put off by some reviews saying it’s a toy or not up to the job ..I’m not sure what they were referring to but it can be this mower as it’s solid well built and does the job perfectly.

20. AnnelieseDbr says:

Excellent little battery grass cutter..Weve had it 4 weeks now, probably cut the grass 3 times. Only had to charge the battery once. Our garden is roughly 4m x 3m, ideal lawn mower for this size.
    Nice cut as well

A lovely little machine. Really easy to use but it struggles when the grass is a bit too long or damp. Well worth the money.

This has good battery life, power and is light to move.

Very pleased with how light and manoeuvrable this is to use, yet sturdy

Nice light mower with easy usage battery. The downside is very difficult not adjust cutting size. Leaflet says there is a handle but this is not true. Found it impossible to get handle screws at the bottom to fit, so have just clicked the handle in place. It does not fold away but for the price good value for small gardens.

Great lawn mower. Light so easy to lift down steps. The battery last long enough to cut my 2 small and 1 large lawn. Although not very powerful it does a fine job.

We have 4 medium sized lawns and I expected the mower to be unable to mow all four. It coped admirably with charge to spare. Good for maintenance cuts but may not cope so well with heavy cuts, we’ll see. The fold mechanism is very poor though. Best left unfolded.

27. PearlHelton says:

Not as powerful as the wired one and it can’t finish the job on my medium-sized lawn as the power would run out. Hence, won’t cut the last tiny bits.

28. TomHHOTtkkx says:

Good little Mower but miss a Lever to adjust Blade up or down to suit Law

I like that it’s light small and easy to use,yet powerfull enough to cut my Lawns. The basket is solid and not net making it easy to clean.

30. JadeTipping says:

First came with two left handles but refund was easy enough. Great for home use, cuts well and powerful enough. Battery charges quickly and storage made easy by lightness and handy on top place to hold it. Overall pleased with it.

Not so easy to assembly, easy to move around, cuts grass ok but don’t pick up all the grass in the grass box

Golden Review Award: 5 From Our UsersI had a petrol mower from a previous life which was overkill for the 110 metre sq. lawn in our current property, which began to play up, so I decided to look at a more compact, self-contained battery option. I pondered getting the next mower up in the Mountfield Freedom 100 range, but decided to go for the “baby” option of the Electress 30 since it was almost 100 cheaper and, according to the specs, should be more than sufficient for our lawn size.

Assembly was very quick – about 15-20 minutes. Even the grass box that some complained was difficult to clip together without help, whilst a little tricky to line up the clips and slots, was relatively easily done in less than 5 minutes with a little calm and patience.

The instructions are OK and the battery came with 3 bars out of 4 charge, so I thought I’d give it a spin. Cutting the lawn took about 10 minutes. The mower weighs less than 10 Kgs, so is easy to pick up and carry using the handle “lip” behind the battery compartment. After the first cut, the battery had lost one bar of charge, so I decided to give it a full charge just to top it off. Two subsequent 10 minute cuts have only seen one bar of charge being used, so we are going to see how many cuts we can get out of a single charge, but so far, very good in terms of convenience and run time.

Our lawn is pretty even, although on a reasonable slope (probably around 30 degrees) and the mower has no problems with it at all. The height adjustment, as mentioned by others, is not the easiest, having to flip the mower on its side and then wrestle the front wheel axle into one of the 3 notches on the front housing to set the height. One thing to note is that even on the lowest setting (3cms) the cut is not super-short, but it’s not really an issue – it makes a very neat job of tidying up the lawn with a consistent cut.

The only other slight downside as noted by others is that the bolts to secure the two pieces of the handle bar are too short to unscrew the thumb nuts without having to take them off altogether, so you can fold the handle bar down for a smaller storage footprint. I solved this by purchasing some longer coach bolts (M6 thread with square shoulder under the bolt head) for about 2.50. I bought 65mm ones which is probably a little too long, but they stick out far enough to unscrew the thumb nuts enough without detaching them altogether, so the handle bar can be easily folded down when not in use and then folded up and locked in place again when needed.

All in all, it’s ideal for our lawn size, and having the cordless convenience of battery power is a real benefit. For the money, it’s pretty robust and solid, but lightweight enough to easily lift and carry, and does what it’s supposed to do pretty effectively.

33. GICJosephine says:

Easy to assemble and easy to use – down side the control handle fragile be gentle with i

Husband was very pleased with the machine, he said it was so light and easy to use

Everything about this little lawnmower is really good. Lightweight, cuts well and is a joy to use. But dear oh dear, the online registration process would drive you to drink. You really need about six Philadelphia Lawers to get you through the process. Pity, it should be easier. Anyway, out to the garden now to trim some of the lawn and calm down.

GREAT LITTLE BATTERY LAWNMOWER

Like all reviews on Amazon I read the good ones and the bad but still decided to order this mower. It arrived quickly and was easy to assemble. It is so light, easy to pick up to move and simple to steer without the hassle of permanently having to flip an electric cable around the garden. The battery has lasted so far for three cuts so have not needed to charge yet. My garden is medium sized. I could not believe the power it had when I started it for the first time.
    Only negative point is the bar to adjust the height of the cut is underneath the front of the mower and is very difficult to change with arthritic hands. Hopefully, the springs will ease in time.
    Highly recommend. Should have bought one years ago!

37. ReynaQ76rgnlvgh says:

Perfect so simple cuts all our lawn with plenty of charge left no cables flicking around to avoid much safe

38. XSKSerenacq says:

We bought this to take to our allotment to mow around the edges of our plot as starting our older petrol mower was proving tricky at times.
    It’s lightweight & fits in the back of the car easily.
    Easy to use & better for the environment.
    No smelly petrol cans needed in the boot either.

This was a big pleasant surprise. The grass on my lawn was easily 8 inches long and it cut it without a problem. It’s lightweight, easy to assemble, looks really good. And the battery lasts for ages. Really pleased I made the switch from corded mower.

My only gripe is that at times the cut grass wasn’t sucked up into the collector, even though it wasn’t full, but that might be because of the unusual length of the grass.

40. CalvinTorode says:

The assembling of the handrail was very confusing as the diagram was bery obscureand ambiguous

I recently moved back into a house with 3 small patches of grass after being in a flat for 7 years…..I was dreading having to cut the grass as my husband is disabled……this mower is so easy and light to use I can do all the patches of grass in 20 minutes there is no effort involved whatsoever and the box collects all the grass , you just unclip and empty into wheelie bi

Assembly all in images. Easy to cover various languages, but not too clear in a couple of instances.

Once assembled very easy to use provided grass not too long. Nice clean 30 cm cu

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersThis is nothing like my battery mower of yesteryear which was really useless, no power, poor cutting and a waste of space!
    THIS MOWER DOES A JOB AS GOOD AS MY ELECTRIC POWERED ONE.
    The secret of course is the massive development in battery power in the last decade. As I said excellent value for money for those who have a relatively average size modern day back garden. Recommend

44. Leicester Mercury says:

I started off from mowing a wet lawn, so the lawnmower kept getting stuck every 10 seconds. Waited for a better a drier day, tried it again, it wasmuch better, but still needed a lot of efforts to push it lifting front wheels up, so it won’t get too difficult for the battery to rotate the blade in the tall (~7cm) grass.
    So the overall impression so far is: it may be a good lawnmower but when and where the grass is well maintained and fairly dry.

What a treat to use, lightweight and so easy to use.