Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Airbus Edition: Ergonomic Replica of the Airbus Throttle Quadrant – Compatible with PC

Dimensions: 290 x 140 x 200 cm; 530 Grams
Model: 2960840
Origin: China

Being an enthusiastic flight simmer and retired Aeronautical Engineer I really appreciate the quality of this produc

I was using a Saitek-Logitech X52 Pro set up with MSFS2020, but although this has over 30 configurable, buttons, sliders, and knobs, it can only be used right-handed, and I am left handed.
    So I replaced this with this Thrustmaster Flight Stick which has 16 or 17 configurable buttons and can be set for LH use.
    The Thrustmaster was immediately recognised by MSFS2020, and basic configurations were preset. The actual joystick has a very smooth precise action, which made flying the sim’s planes easier.
    In a previous review a customer complained of the poor detente on the throttle slider (activation for button 17). I too had this problem. I solved it by removing the unit’s baseplate and slightly loosening the screws securing the throttle slider. There is now a clear, positive detente on the slider, but, of course, opening the the unit invalidates any warranty, so this is a risk.

Works perfectly out of the box. Adds to the immersion when flying the Airbus A320. Sturdy equipment from Thrustmaster as always. Perfect.

5. FideliaWhitwort says:

Had this for a few month now and its working great, don’t know if its my quadrant unit but my thrust detents wont work properly no more and the left one does weird stuff. Other than that its grea

I bought this having looked at all the options in the price range and decided on this because of the Airbus branding. Don’t be put off by it thinking it’s style over substance, it isn’t and the product met my expectations 100%

Pros:
    -Buttons feel quality
    -Moving the stick is smooth and feels good with excellent return to centre system
    -Set up was easy with windows recognising it and programing controls was easy (I use FSX)
    -Although plastic it is of sturdy quality

Cons-
    -Throttle is a nice feature but small and hard to use

Met my expectations 100%

Pros:
    -Buttons feel quality
    -Although plastic it is of sturdy quality

Cons-
    -Throttle is a nice feature but small and hard to use

Met my expectations 100%

9. PBTLashonda says:

A good quality, handy throttle with some nice Airbus touches – works great on X-Plane 11 with my ToLiss A319/A321, and can be configured with any other aircraft in the X-Plane controller settings.

I’m aware it works with FS2020 also, although I haven’t used it much on that sim.

The thrust detents work great, although the manual thrust ‘gate’ is a fair bit smaller than on the real thing – although the quadrant on the whole is probably just over half the size, so this is to be expected.

My only minor criticism, is the resistance still feels a little too low, meaning the motion of the throttles is a little bit too loose, but still doesn’t feel flimsy or poorly built (remember this isn’t a professional 1:1 replica piece of hardware!).

Overall good value, for those looking for a handy throttle quadrant, which works especially nicely flying your chosen Airbus!

A great, immersive addition to your Simulation!

10. JeramyK82vuv says:

Bought for my son who uses it with Microsoft flight simulator. He has had no issues with it.