Raspberry Pi 400 4GB Official Start-up Kit, UK Layout

Connectivity Dual-band (2.4GHz and 5.0GHz) IEEE 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless LAN | Bluetooth 5.0, BLE | Gigabit Ethernet | 2 x USB 3.0 and 1 x USB 2.0 ports
Processor Broadcom BCM2711, quad-core 64-bit SoC (ARM Cortex-A72 @ 1.8GHz
RAM 4GB LPDDR4-3200
GPIO Horizontal 40-pin GPIO header
Power 5V DC via USB-C connector
Video & Sound 2 × micro HDMI ports (supports up to 4Kp60)
Multimedia H.265 (4Kp60 decode); H.264 (1080p60 decode, 1080p30 encode); OpenGL ES 3.0 graphics
SD card support MicroSD card slot for operating system and data storage
Keyboard 79-key compact keyboard

Dimensions: 29.2 x 17.2 x 9.9 cm; 1.38 Kilograms
Brand: Raspberry Pi
Model: RPI400-KIT-UK
Manufacture: Raspberry Pi

1. Kimberly says:

first class xmas present for my 11 year old grandson who after connecting to his monitor was able to start “coding” immediately

2. MWSG Admin says:

Bought as a gift but I have multiple Raspberry Pis. Great gift or hobby project for home media delivery, retro gaming or if you just need something to browse the web and watch some videos on.

Super impressed with the quality and feel of the keyboard. I really was expecting something far lighter and flomsy, but it’s on par with some decent Laptop keyboards.

4. Kelly M says:

5. Aussie Golfer says:

6. JaunitaWheat says:

I’m currently working through the book and it’s great. Always wanted to try coding for beginners and there’s an app called scratch that my son uses at school that does this very versatile little computer.

7. William Goss says:

8. Deborah Hammonds says:

I got this for my 10 year old. He’s learning coding at school and is top of his class so I got him this to help him learn more and he uses it all the time and loves i

10. Olly Forster says:

12. Tabitha says:

13. PrestonDeBernal says:

Great little computer, comes with Raspbian on a SD card, easy to start up.

Simply insert a USB-C cable (yes, the kind you have to charge your phone), HDMI connector and SD card and you’re off!

Speed wise it’s OK, if you want to surf or code you’ll be fine. I use it to code in a Linux environment.

For entertainment, I found Kodi to run quite sluggishly on it (in Raspbian, not from boot mind you), but that might just be the build I installed. If you need more speed, you can easily overclock this Pi to 2.1 Ghz – and the cooling fan that’s built in is definitely up to the job.

Purchased to use as an HTPC as the two set top boxes I purchased and subsequently returned were poor. The Pi400 runs libreelec flawlessly and with a quick swap of the sd card provides a very versatile learning machine. Highly recommended.

Great little computer, comes with Raspbian on a SD card, easy to start up.

17. MargheritaMargo says:

Great little computer, comes with Raspbian on a SD card, easy to start up.

18. Fleta29Mmqe says:

Great little computer, comes with Raspbian on a SD card, easy to start up.

20. Sarah Head says:

21. ErnieWindham says:

Golden Review Award: 4 From Our UsersIf you have a kid, get it. Remember your ZX Spectrum or Amstrad CPC, this is the modern equivalent sort of. It’s not a games machine but it can be, however it can do most things a regular computer can except playing video is not it’s strong point, however most kids do that on their phones anyway.

You can do almost anything a regular computer can at a great price but there’s a limit to what the processor can do for that price, video stretches it a bit too far. However you can code and become a maker and plug electronic circuits directly in or link it up to a Pi Pico or Arduino and do even more.

It’s neat, everything’s in the one box, ready to go. Just plug it into a tv with an HDMI port.

Adults can use this too of course and if you want to do your word processing and spreadsheets the included software is free and Microsoft office compatible. You can set it up to run lots of retro games from all the famous old computers and consoles too. It will happily browse the internet but some sites can feel just a little sluggish.

Great for a kid, great for an adult that wants to muck around with electronics or programming, thousands of compatible add one for this, it really is like the glory days of the old computers just brought up to the modern day.

22. DawnPinckney says:

Golden Review Award: 6 From Our UsersIf you have a kid, get it. Remember your ZX Spectrum or Amstrad CPC, this is the modern equivalent sort of. It’s not a games machine but it can be, however it can do most things a regular computer can except playing video is not it’s strong point, however most kids do that on their phones anyway.

You should get it. Its AWESOME. 🙂
    Can you add a headphone jack next time .

25. JeanaHennings says:

You should get it. Its AWESOME. 🙂
    Can you add a headphone jack next time .

26. Aly says:

Just like having the old style of retro computers c64 , spectrum , plays everything even dreamcas

28. Sean Buckley says:

Pro: good and lasting cheap solution for the children to learn Linux and coding. Easy to swap the MicroSD towards the need of my children.

Con. Non really. I run more then 6 pi’s in the house and love them!

29. KieraDecosta says:

Con. Non really. I run more then 6 pi’s in the house and love them!

These are fantastic, you can do so much with them , run the latest Linux distorts , emulate old computers ( Amiga , Atari St, c64 and many more) you can run a lot of retro games machine emulators too ( Megadrive, SNES, master system , nes , pc engine , a lot of others too), if you are looking at one of these to do any of what I have mentioned , GET ONE!, you won’t regret it , add an Xbox 360 controller and you are set for a great time

31. MarisaQIFV says:

32. BartSargood says:

Fantastic kit to encourage an enquiring mind. Something a bit different from gaming but educational too.
    Previously purchased one 8 years ago for eldest son who went on to use it as part of A level computer project!

33. JasperClibborn says:

This is very good for those that want a cheap pc, has all the usual features based on Debian Linux and not Microsoft or any of those other systems. Has a fundamental training package for starting to learn various types of hardware and programming including the latest versions of scratch and python. If you want to train at a higher level you will have get that book elsewhere, but you will be able to use that knowledge on this product. Would recommend.