RØDE VideoMic Me-L Compact Directional Smartphone Microphone for iPhone or iPad with Lightning connector for Mobile Filmmaking and Content Creation

RODE Logo

Weight: 27 g
Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.9 x 2.7 cm; 27 Grams
Model: VMM-L
Colour: Black
Colour: Black

1. KristineMoeller says:

I ordered this RODE microphone as they are a well known brand in the microphone business and I was expecting only positive things, unfortunately I was disappointed by the quality of the product. The audio is amazing for the price and is definetly comparable to studio grade sound in my opinion and it’s plug and play with my iPhone XR and Lighting to 3.5mm adapter. Unfortunately the microphone clip/mount is poorly designed, it has a good crocodile clip to attach to clothing but the micophone wireloop is made of thin metal and snapped straight off when I tried to attach the microphone, I soldered it back together and it snapped again so I contacted Amazon support and got a 15% refund to purchase a new microphone clip.

Good Quality Audio but poor design.

Italy

I microfoni Rode sono una sicurezza. Questo microbo specialmente che posso applicare direttamente al mio iPhone. La qualit della voce molto alta

3. LeonardStrader says:

Took this combo straight out of the box to record a series of location interviews at two motor sport events. At both venues the mike performed brilliantly, filtering out what must have been 90% of very loud ambient noise. And with one interviewee who was very softly spoken, it still produced great audio with a PA system blaring Bat out of hell just 10 feet away. Quite incredible performance at the price and so good I’ve bought a second as back up. Well done Rode, you’ve done it again.

As with other Rhode products, this microphone has great sound quality for broadcast-quality home studio recording. I purchased two with a mini-mixer from Rhode for two-person recording. Remember these are omnidirectional.

5. MelissaFrueh says:

India

I have used it for my Youtube videos, you can feel the difference at “Unpopular explorer” on YouTube. Very easy to use, just plug and play. The only negative point is the jack- it is very delicate, I have broken two mics already- make sure that you use it with extreme care

6. AdelineVuv says:

They say that “your audience will tolerate a poor picture, but they won’t tolerate poor sound”. For a relatively low price, this mic will help ensure that you have good audio input – and it should mark a big improvement for those virtual meetings and ‘lives’.

This is a great product I use it with and iPhone 11 and it fits my phone perfectly and work great one thing to mention is if you plan to use the light you will need to carry a portable battery to make it work but when it’s on it’s very bright!

8. Tony Korologos a.k.a. mediaguru says:

You can really hear the difference
    Great mic all you need is an adapter if you are iPhone user which is about 6 from Apple website.
    Yes I’m very pleased with this

As a new YouTuber I found this mic very easy to set up, and to use. It is quite literally plug and play.
    Its sturdy, fits directly onto my iPhone without any problems and just works so well. I’m very happy with this mic.

I honestly think this is a very good budget friendly mic, and definitely worth the money invested.

11. NganLakeqbslngl says:

12. Web Staff says:

Mexico

Me parece un mic de excelente calidad solo que si lo considero un poco caro para la calidad que ofrece…
    me gustara probar micrfonos ms econmicos para ver si realmente hace tanta diferencia porque el precio si me pareci algo elevado, aunque reconozco la calidad de los micrfonos Rde las pruebas de grabacin que hice con este no salieron taaan bien como me las imaginaba.
    La direccionalidad y el efecto que surte por ella es impecable, eso s!

Mexico

La direccionalidad y el efecto que surte por ella es impecable, eso s!

Excellent build quality. The sound is good – it’s very “neutral”, and I’m still playing with how to equalise it to make voice recordings sound better in finished video, but that’s exactly how a good microphone should be.

Would be quite expensive full priced – I got one 30% off due to damaged packaging, and was more than happy.

16. CaridadRamsden says:

This works very well indeed on my android Google pixel 3a. I’ve noticed some of the negative reviews are from IPhone owners.

Sound quality from the mic is great. I am not easily pleased on this front but very impressed. With my phone you do have to select the mic manually while in the camera app but this is a simple process.

The light is surprisingly powerful for its size (the filters included with the kit are a must, otherwise it will blind you!)

Tripod is a trifle flimsy but made up for by how light weight this is (primary design is for user to hold it so this works well as not too heavy).

18. ClaireLynton says:

Spai

Buen sonido, he hecho varias pruebas y se nota la diferencia. Sper ligero y muy compacto.

Australia

here is some scratching noise when recording hope they can fix with some software release