Novation Launchkey Mini [MK3] — Portable 25-Key, USB, MIDI Keyboard Controller with DAW Integration. Chord Mode, Scale Mode, and Arpeggiator — for Music Production

Launchkey Mini [MK3}

Made to move

Launchkey Mini is our most compact and portable 25-mini-key MIDI keyboard controller. It has everything you need to start creating in Ableton Live – and it’ll fit in your bag. Make tracks anywhere with the intuitive Ableton Live control, arpeggiator, fixed chord mode, MIDI out and sounds in the box.

Launchkey Mini [MK3}
  1. Launchkey Mini [MK3]

Get creative.

Make melodies and rhythms with Launchkey Mini’s powerful arpeggiator. Fixed Chord mode adds a customisable fixed chord shape that follows you up the keyboard. Launchkey Mini gets any track moving.

2. Launchkey Mini [MK3]

Your tracks, your way.

Deep integration with Live lets you move where the music takes you. Transport, device and mixer controls mean fewer mouse clicks while device macros mean more hands-on control of your music.

3. Launchkey Mini [MK3]

However you want, wherever you want.

Launchkey Mini comes with everything you need to make tracks in the box. Throw all this into the included copy of Ableton Live Lite, or use Launchkey Mini’s integrations with any HUI compatible DAW.

4. Launchkey Mini [Mk3]

It’s an instrument – play it.

Launchkey Mini features a new mini-keymech – our finest to date. Two touch strips for pitch and mod let you feel your sounds. The 16 RGB pads are super-sensitive for precise and dynamic drumming.

5. Novation Sound Collective

Sound Collective, helping you find your sound.

Receive free versions of innovative software instruments and creative FX from developers, as well as discounts to help you make the most of third-party software, exclusive to Novation customers.

Launchkey Mini [MK3] Included software

Weight: 453 g
Size: 25 Keys Mini
Dimensions: 4.1 x 17.2 x 33 cm; 453 Grams
Model: AMS-LAUNCHKEY-MINI-MK3
Size: 25 Keys Mini

Canada 🇨🇦

It is a very good product for the price. It is plastic, although it does not feel fragile. The velocity on the pads is very good.

2. KerrieRawson says:

United States

You should consider to purchase Ableton live when you decide to buy this product because the free version will not let you save the music you make. And you can not integrate this product anywhere else.

Brazil 🇧🇷

Alm de ser um produto de MUITA qualidade e ter chegado antes do esperado, ganhei vrios “brindes”, como uma cpia do Ableton Live Lite e alguns plugins por ter comprado o controlador.

Japa

Good, cheap beginner keyboard but the pads are useless for finger drumming – they’re very soft and unresponsive so you have to really hammer them to register a note. You’ll get sore fingertips in no time.

Protip: this keyboard comes with the lite version of Ableton Live. If you register the lite version and get a serial number, you can then upgrade to the full version of Ableton for much cheaper than buying the full version outright.

United States

This is a very good starter MIDI controller, it comes with a good amount of pads, it is directly compatible with Ableton (comes with the lite version), the web utility to control/update/tweak the MiniKeys is cool and intuitive.

I am not too fan about the materials, It is very plasticky but I feel it is totally fair for the prize it cost.

6. WendellClouse says:

United States

Works great with Logic Pro X. I love it.
    Small and convenient with lots of great features. Good quality materials and nice design.
    Just what I needed for when I travel.

United States

I’ve never had hardware to make music before so I thought I’d give this a try. Super easy to use and set up. It also came with great software that made it fairly easy to make music. My only issue was it was a little small for my liking so after I knew I actually wanted to explore this hobby more I upgraded to a bigger controller. I definitely recommend to anyone on the fence about making music, it’s not for everyone. If you like this you’ll love the upgrades after!

8. GidgetToth says:

United States

Works well with Abelton and gives you a Lite version which is very cool. Abelton Lite gives you plenty of opportunity to learn and record MIDI and audio tracks to get going.
    Launchkey is made well, knobs flow and are not junky. Pads are solid like MPC style. Agility of control and mapping happens right away plus you can map whatever you want via Novation website interface. May not instantly map to other workstations instantly but within a few minutes you can setup whatever you want.

Clean and effective controlle

Germany

Bestimmt hast Du bereits viele Rezensionen durchgelesen.
    Ich habe mehrere Controllers gekauft und probiert.

Novation macht mit der Launchkey Serie eine super Sache.

Die Mini” ist ein Traum (Pads, Leds, Knobs, gute Keys, Play / Rec!).

Was mir fehlt, und warum ich mich fr eine 37″ entschlossen habe, sind die Chords und Scales Funktionen.

Htte die Mini” auch gehabt, dann htte direkt 2 Stck nur fr mich gekauft :)).

Ist kein Manko”, sondern es ist mein Problem, dass ich nicht anstndig in Scale” spielen kann, weder lernen will

Top Empfehlung!

P.S. Novation ist auch Top, als Company und Customer Support.

India

Good quality product. Using so simple colour lights & keyboard switch smoother so nice
    ( Akai mpk mini -vs- Launchkey mini mk3)
    My experience I was recommend to all (Launchkey mini mk3) (thank you Amazon)

United States

Bought this to help create a home recording studio. Works perfectly with my Ableton DAW.

United States

It’s been great to add into my Ableton workflow. Keys are decent for the price and all of the rest comes preprogrammed for my DAW. I used a Yamaha Reface as my keyboard before and enjoyed it, but this feels like a functional step up.

13. Jesse Lennox says:

Canada

Keys are a little bit too tiny, just buy a real keyboard with a midi plugin on it.

14. PorterWestmacot says:

United States

It’s a solid midi keyboard, comes with ableton live lite. Not for beginners at all though. Can be a bit overwhelming.

15. MarcyBaier says:

Canada

Hi read review after review and pro beat makers like Taetro (youtube). This is the clear choice. Akai was a VERY close buy for me, but i love the record button on the launchkey when beat making. Highly recommended. It’s only 25$ more to jump right into pro beat making.

United States

I’m pretty new to using DAW’s (I was a Recording Engineer in the 1970’s and 80’s, we used Tape Machines, LOL). I’m building a new Music Workstation in my home and wanted a small, simple Controller with enough features for Drums as well as ARP and Sequencing to use with a DAW. (I already own a Arturia KeyStep 37 for my Modular Synths).

I looked at quite a few YouTube Reviews and this LaunchKey Mini MK3 always stood out. It was designed to really work with Ableton but also integrates fairly well with Logic Pro which is what I thought I would use it with. After having it for a few weeks now I can say that yes it works pretty well with Logic Pro but really integrates even better with Ableton, so much so I have decided to make Ableton my DAW of choice.

The learning curve for me was pretty easy being new to all of this and there are lots of good online tutorials. Overall this little beast is packed with a full range of great features. The build quality is ok, not great but not bad, it’s plastic but the Knobs Buttons and Pads have a solid feel. Just treat it well and it will be just fine!
    The Keyboard is not meant for a “virtuoso” but for me who is a hunt and peck keyboardist (I am a drummer) it works and I like the small size. Hey, you can’t beat the price for this much technical power.

Setup was very easy using the Novation WebSite. The only thing I’m still confused about is setting up my own Custom Mode but I’ll figure it out.
    As for the person that complained about the lack of a MIDI Cable being included and then buying the wrong ones, that is just “USER” error. All he had to do is contact Novation/Focusrite Customer Support like I did, within an hour they got back to me and sent a Link to where to buy the correct cable. That says a lot about Novation Support!

Bottom line, if you want a nice, compact Controller that’s full of features at a great price. THIS IS IT

Nice Compact Controller at a Great Price

Before you buy this if you are a Beginner, it will take a while to understand how this midi keyboard work and installing to get the buttons and pads to work and connect to a daw, 3/5.

After a few days of using it…

This product is great if you want use to most of the features it has:
    Customizing your Drum Pad, Pitch and Mod wheel, Arp, Fixed Chord. I give it 3/5 for the drum pad velocity is great but you have press precisely hard or light to get the sound you want. The key velocity is expected from this price range (3.4/5). The Arp and Fixed Chord and record and play/stop button and other features is very helpful and quick to use (once you learnt it, 4/5).

Germany

Ich nutze das Launchkey Mini MK3 als Midi Controller fr verschiedene Musik Anwendungen (DAW). Anders als das Launchpad Pro MK3, das ich auch besitze, hat das Launchkey einen mchtigen Arpeggiator. Die Integration in Ableton Live ist hervorragend und ist perfekt fr ein kompaktes Set up aus Laptop und Launchkey als Controller. Erst etwas spter habe ich bemerkt, dass es von Novation ein Script fr die Software Reasonstudios gibt, die ich ebenfalls hufig nutze. Damit sind die Controller Knpfe des Launchkey vorab auf wichtige Funktionen einiger Synths in Reason gemappt und ersparen einem die manuelle Zuweisung. Sehr komfortabel.
    Bei dem Preis ist das Launchkey MK3 beinahe alternativlos. Kaufempfehlung meinerseits.

19. HoustonUJLE says:

Mexico

Controlador bastante til. Con un buen nmero de modos de arpegio. Se integra inmediatamente con Ableton, haciendo el control sencillo.

Spai

si usas Ableton es una opcin genial, en mi caso me lo qued frente a otras opciones por la integracin con Ableton, la cantidad de pads que en el modo custom puede usarse para asignar funciones como play, stop, metrnomo, tap tempo, etc. y por la calidad de sus pads para grabar bateras
    las teclas no me gustan demasiado y prefiero otros teclados, pero las ventajas suplen esa desventaja
    las touch strips no estan mal, prefiero ruedas pero es entendible que en este tamao tan pequeo es la opcin mas viable, desde luego me gustan mucho mas que el joystick de akai
    los knobs estn bien y esta genial para ser transportado en mochila
    la construccin podra ser mas robusta y como queja el mo venia con las patas de goma un poco cojas

21. FranciscoValdez says:

Brazil 🇧🇷

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our Usersimo produto, compacto e eficiente e pack de apps so mais que suficientes para um bom trabalho, recomendo!

Singapore 🇸🇬

great machine for junior composers as a start – easy to use

United States

The launchkey mini 3 three has a wide variety of uses and software if can be used with. Personally, I use mine connected to an iPad and a launchpad mini (via USB 3.0 hub). It works well in conjunction with the Groovebox app, and will allow you to play, trigger progressions while in launchpad app. One “hack” I’ve discovered is that using with garage band while Groovebox is running will play the sounds from both apps. You can make some pretty unique sounds this way! My workflow is essentially to create sounds and loops via GarageBand/Groovebox – export to and build song in blocswave – then perform using launchpad and launchkey (By perform I mean chill out in my room and make music for myself ) I have not used with ableton live or other software. I’ve also tried to connect to my circuit mono station to control that, but have not had success (however this is likely due to user error)

24. Vera says:

India

Hmmm… It’s an amazing piece of gear. For its money you can actually play with Ableton and make cool sketches on the go without touching a computer keyboard. I’d say I’m perfectly satisfied, but what really surprised me is a quality of the plastic, it’s squelching very loudly if you press on the frame. I had cheaper keyboards but they weren’t that bad)) But it’s not fake, because I registered it on novation website. Of you don’t mind it, you’d love it, it’s not just a keyboard for playing simple melodies! Also pads are awesome! The best I used so far after Ableton push, of course.

Mexico

Es muy bueno, pata entenderle est un poquito complicado si no sabes nada pero es cuestin de que estes explorando el propio controlador, su construccin es plstico y se siente algo barato pero es bueno, al igual las teclas se sienten de juguete pero nada que afecte a la experiencia, los pads para m experiencia son buenos y no tengo queja, funciona con todos los daws pero principalmente funciona con ablenton live, sino funciona a la primera o el programa no lo reconoce lo tienes que configurar (esto hablando si ests en ableton live), si ests en un daw que no sea ableton lo tendrs que mapiar posiblemente, es cuestin de investigar y experimentar, yo no se cmo se ocupa al 100% pero despus de un ao de uso puedo decir que si va a ser tu primer controlador midi es perfecto para aprender y experimentar, si quieres algo mucho muchoo mejor no lo recomiendo Ya que las teclas son muy pequeas y para eso hay controladores de mayor precio

En conclusin es bueno y cumple su funcin, dejo un vdeo de cmo lo ocupo experimentando con en daw que es ableton live Lite

Canada

I bought this midi as to start making beats and it’s really good for beginners. Just sign up for novation account and then link your device they will explain you every thing and even more cool shortcuts. I use FL studio and everything is working great.
    Recommend.

Good for beginners.

27. AugustaBHC says:

India

This is the best small sized Midi Keyboard in the market today without doubt. And pricing is also great if you consider its ergonomics, features and included software.

Mexico

Debo confesar que cuando lo vi las teclas me parecieron MINI. Pero me tom unos das acostumbrarme y la verdad ha sido un golazo este teclado. Me puse a trabajar de una y ha sido muy fcil de entender con la cantidad de tutoriales que hay online.

Lo amo.

29. EzraMatthew says:

United States

Not only does this keyboard work great, it comes with a ton of great software. Excellent keyboard for anyone looking for a starter keyboard or wants something that easily fits on a desk.

30. AntoniettaWisni says:

United States

For the price you aren’t getting perfect keys, but the pads are good, pots are good too. Keys do the job. This was my first hardware I’ve bought got music comp and it’s been great. Only complaint is I wish I had bought the size up. The mini is great for a ton of use cases but hard to do bigger chords on.

31. SaraMatchbox Kitchen says:

India

Best of ableton live users

Canada

Product works perfectly and is high quality for the price

33. XOMJorjappwjk says:

India

So I’m a total noob at midi and synths. I bought this and now learning as I go. It has a learning curve but not hard. The product doesn’t feel cheap, good job novation.

United States

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI’m a bass and guitar player and bought this as I wanted to challenge myself out of my comfort zone. A complete beginner on controllers here, but with some notion of music theory and execution.
    I read reviews and watched videos about this controller and some others too, and learned these aren’t kids toys. You can really make music and have fun, in individual sessions or even playing with a band.
    Getting used to Ableton Live requires time and patience but as you layout your first beats and melody lines, you start getting the hang of it and motivates you to go on.
    As a beginner on controllers and audio software, I wouldn’t change much of it, the build quality is nice, very light, responsive buttons and dials. I’d just us warn that you need a laptop or computer with good modern specs and some nice mid range or flagship headphones or studio monitors to really take advantage of what it has to offer. After using it for about 4 weeks I’m now planning to upgrade to Ableton Live 11 because Ableton Lite it’s limited to 8 tracks and a to a limited set of clich-ish midi sounds. Also, if I really get into producing controller-based music, it’d be necessary to upgrade to a 49 or more keys hardware. But in the meantime, I’ll just continue having fun with it.

Great for start producing controller-based music

India

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersIf you are using Ableton or planning to move to using Ableton this is the midi controller for you
    Launchkey mini MK3 is very well integrated with Ableton and Live Looping can be done with ease
    Also Came in good condition and once you register your product on Novation’s website you’ll be able to get a ton of cool plugins and samples

If You Use Ableton BUY THIS

Germany

Jede Menge Funktionen, es kommt aber immer auf die Software an. Leider nur zwei Oktaven. Aber ein kleines kompaktes Teil. Nur wer Klavier lernen will oder schon zweibndig spielen kann braucht definitiv was greres.

37. DesireeFreitas says:

Japa

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI think it’s a great device. Versatile as hell. Really great fo Ableton LIVE controlling. It’s portable in every sense of the word (like it’s supposed to be). Piano players will hate it. The rest of us will love it!

United States

Been using the Launchkey Mini for about a year. I mostly use it for the drum pads, but it also has great tools like the arpeggiator built in. I personally don’t use the fixed chord setting by itself but fixed chord + arpeggio is pretty good. It’s easy to use, might take a video or two to figure out the UI, then it’s a blast to use. Been watching a lot of live sets people play with the mini and they’re really inspirational. Hoping to get into that realm soon.

TL;DR: Great product, very affordable and versatile, no issues.

39. Marla Jo Fisher says:

France

Cet article est plug and play avec la dernire version d’ableton et est parfaitement intgr avec le logiciel.

40. SavannaBridges says:

Mexico 🇲🇽

La verdad es ms de lo que me esperaba. Sus teclas son muy sensibles y cmodas la hora de estar tocando.

Italy

astiera completamente perfetta l ho usata con fl studio garage band e logic pro x e direi che ha una sensibilit eccezionale i suoi pad sono perfetti con pitch e modulation touch .

Canada

It works great, it’s the best for learning and interacts well with your DAW. I’d recommend for going for a version with more keys, that was my regret. But I love it. If you take music production a little more seriously however, you’ll inevitably want to buy the (I don’t know how many more keys) version.

Mexico

Gran controlador midi. Plug and play xon ableton live. Llevo usndolo un par de meses y hasta ahora no tengo ninguna queja de ste. Es muy fcil de usar y sus funciones hacen muy divertido y creativo el proceso para hacer msica.

44. DemetraBalfour says:

United States

This controller is a great value for the money, which is why I bought it. Like most good tools, it can overwhelm you at first, but it rewards you well once you learn how to use it.

Germany

Was soll man dazu noch schreiben?
    Empfohlen fr Anfnger (viel Software dabei ) und Profis.
    Gute Verarbeitung.
    Bisher keine Probleme.

46. Sareena Dayaram says:

Canada

There are many good reasons why the Novation Launchkey Mini Mk3 is as popular and as highly rated as it is. It is small, light, solidly made and it offers a seamless connection to Ableton Live as well as other popular DAWs. With the great software that it is bundled with, you’ll hit the ground running and will be making music in no time at all. It is a steal at the very modest price that it goes for.

Brazil

imo teclado para controle do Ableton Live, com muitas funcionalidades especficas do programa. Tambm funciona como bom controlador para outros programas, de forma mais simples. Pequeno e leve, tambm serve perfeitamente para se carregar numa bolsa ou mochila junto de um notebook, ou at mesmo para usar com o celular.
    nica reclamao so as teclas, que do uma sensao de baixa qualidade, mas que possvel acostumar depois de usar com plugins de alta performance.

48. TomElishauibt says:

United States

Golden Review Award: 8 From Our UsersI love this device and I want to give it 5 stars, but there are some issues that you should know about before purchasing.

The keys feel a bit like toy keyboard keys. I don’t mean smaller versions of standard keyboard keys – I mean it really does feel toylike. However, after using the keyboard I fell in love with the low travel and the pressure response actually works very well. But you MUST expect a “toylike” key feel when you first get it.

This keyboard has no control for velocity curve at the hardware level. If you use FL Studio that’s fine, just set it there. But if you use an application like Reaper which has no global velocity curve, you’re stuck with keys that sound a bit quiet unless you press them harder than you probably want to.

The firmware is easy to update and the keyboard has performed reliably once I addressed an issue — if you find the keyboard to disconnect or seem like it crashes, it is most likely it’s not getting enough USB power. This is a known issue with devices powered by USB, so if that happens just connect it to a powered HUB. I mention it though because I have two computers – one of which is a laptop – where there wasn’t enough USB to power both my Focusrite Scarlett Solo AND the keyboard.

The pads feel amazing. They are incredibly responsive. The ribbon controllers feel good. The knobs feel good.
    You also get some free software at the Focusrite website, which is nice.

All in all it’s an excellent product, but the lack of velocity adjustment is unfortunate because it’s a little unpleasant in software that doesn’t have a global velocity setting.

PS. It lights up in glorious dancing rainbow colors after a few minutes of inactivity. It looks cool, but if you find it distracting you can turn it off. It’s called “Vegas mode” and you can find out how online.

49. SwenTaulbee says:

India

Perfect for on the go solutions . Very light and compact . Value for money product .
    Touch pitch bend and mod are very effective as it is very easy to use them in creactive ways as compared to rotating knobs.