Shark Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner [WV251UK] Twin Battery, Grey

WV251UK
Technologies that make a difference

Shark Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner

Twin Battery Model. Powerful cleaning in the palm of your hand. Shark redefines on-the-spot cleaning with this lightweight, powerful handvac.

Discover

Powerful suction

Engineered with a high-efficiency motor, effortlessly deal with crumbs, pet hair, dust and unexpected messes.

WV251UK
WV251UK
Grab and go

Designed to displayed

Sleek and stylish, store and charge within reach on the worktop. Ready whenever you are, instantly pick up dry food spills from worktops and tables in seconds.

WV251UK
  1. WV251UK

Twin Battery Model

Enjoy up to 16 minutes of run-time with the second battery stored on-board.

2. WV251UK

In the Home

Quick clean-ups in every room with the included Crevice Tool and Pet Tool.

3. WV251UK

In the Car

Effortlessly remove pet hair and crumbs from the car with this lightweight cordless design.

4. WV251UK

Easy empty dust cup

Complete with filtration technology, open the dust cup with a single touch for convenient emptying.

1 WV251UK 2 3 4

Weight: 600 g
Dimensions: 22 x 9.5 x 38.5 cm; 600 Grams
Brand: Shark
Model: WV251UK
Colour: Grey
Colour: Grey

We’ve been looking for a lightweight handheld hoover for some time, as we get a lot of dead flies in the dining room due to the dome window that we have in there. The charged time is okay as we only use it in short bursts. I have also used it on the stairs and in the car and the pick up is okay, it won’t pick up anything very large but on the plus side it is very easy to empty.

2. CooperLovelace says:

I bought this to make life easier. I already have a corded shark I wanted this for quickly vacuuming the kitchen or bathroom floor on a more regular basis .. like daily because sometimes I don’t have the energy to get the large shark out. This has helped to keep those rooms looking good all the time. I have carpet elsewhere, which it will pick up noticeable bits on the carpet but the main use is on the hard floor and I am happy with it for what it want it for. It has made quick cleans possible and this is necessary if you’re a busy person but still like a tidy home

As a bit of a clean freak I was getting fed up with having to wheel out my Henry every time I spotted a few crumbs on the floor (although he always seems happy to help), so when I started looking for handier alternatives I came across this Shark. So far, I have no complaints! It’s neat enough to stand at the end of the kitchen worktop without getting in the way (within easy grabbing distance!), it has great suction for such a small “wand” handheld, and emptying the dust bin is as easy as pushing a button. It comes with two very useful attachments and is also extremely useful for a quick vacuum of the car, especially if you live in a block of flats like me where it’s almost impossible to clean out your car using a conventional vacuum. I haven’t had to clean the dust bin yet, but it looks straight forward enough to remove and run under the tap. If you want something easier than getting the upright out, and quicker than a dustpan and brush, then get this! It does seem a bit expensive for what it is, but the convenience makes it worth the money. Plus, Amazon offers 5 interest-free payment installments! A no-brainer in my opinion, highly recommended!

A handy addition to the kitchen, and gives Henry a well earned rest...

Very handy with 2 batteries good for stairs and great for the ca

5. Kerry Ann @Vinobabys Voice says:

I’ve never had a decent cordless handheld but so far I love this one. Aswell as looking good and neatly compact with its charging stand which also holds the attachments, it does what it says on the tin. I don’t have stairs and I haven’t used it in the car yet but I do have kids, husband and a dog and this is great for those dustpan and brush moments. Its also proved an excellent spider catcher for all the family. Suction is good & the brush attachment is great for dusting nooks & crannies. I haven’t yet run out of battery in a single use but as I said I mainly use for those dustpan and brush moments & dusting crevices, certainly doesnt replace a full size hoover for the main job for which I also have a Shark. Have already recommended to family & friends.

6. Health Review says:

I had my doubts about such a small device but I am very impressed indeed!

Haven’t measured the claimed run-time time with a stop-watch but I will say that I bought this in no small part because I wanted something small and portable to suck up feathers, leaves and such like in the back yard (which has outdoor carpet aka artificial grass) and I went out with two fully charged batteries expecting it to barely cover the whole space if at all but in fact the one battery sufficed! It could have lasted 8 minutes but like I said I wasn’t timing it. Let’s say that after a few minutes I felt comfortable that whatever the claim was it must be more or less accurate.

Some small things to consider (not worth docking points for):

1. There’s only space on the cradle for one accessory – seems like an oversight or perhaps a slight case of form over function since as they say it’s “Designed to [be] displayed” (so they expect you to choose one attachment for display and for the other to be tossed into a cupboard?)
    2. The mouth seems like it could benefit from being a bit smaller as optimum suction is achieved when the opening is mostly covered – hasn’t really posed a problem during use so far though so perhaps I know nothing about these things
    3. The long nose attachment seems unnecessarily long and the bristles on the end a bit on the sparse side but perhaps there’s some engineering reason beyond my understanding for this

I should probably qualify that this is all relative to price and quite subjective – I’m (very) happy considering I timed it right and paid a little over 100 but at the current asking of 179 I might be more critical…

7. Mariel Myers says:

Very good, holds a long charge and picks up most dirt although I find it slightly restricted re applications ie great for spills, window sills but limited for bigger jobs ie stairs.

8. JeanettQuinto says:

9. AleciaWVTU says:

I bought mine a few years ago and love it. Got this as a pressie for a friend, got it while on offer as I’d definitely recommend the 2nd battery option it’s never actually run out in one session but I use it for doing my jeep interior so got the double one just in case I decide to do both cars in one go I haven’t!

Light weight and suction really powerful, Yes the battery doesn’t last that long but it comes with a spare and easier to use this for some jobs rather than getting the big hoover out.

11. JosetteW82 says:

I almost didn’t buy this after reading some of the reviews, but I’m so glad I did!!!! I’m the mother of two shockingly untidy small humans, who basically wonder round the house depositing endless small crumbs and god knows what (I’m past trying to work out what it always is!!!) So I wanted something that is straight to hand, compact to keep up out the way and that does the job. 100% this!! I feel some may be expecting slightly too much from a small handheld! It’s perfect for cleaning up the dining table,. Or just straight up hoovering the children, it comes with a lovely little stand, that both attachments fit on. The long attachment is handy but does loose suction a little mind you! The flat attachment is great for muddy paws on sofas, crisps in sofas, drunken chicken nugget parts hidden in sofa, just saying… it can do the job!!! So yes, I highly recommend this, its compact, pretty to look at, and socks like a dream. Its everything I apire to be!!! Enjoy!!

Everything about it is great except for one thing. The dust chamber is very small and when the filter gets clogged which is quite frequent. the Shark stops operating for more than 5 seconds. At first I thought it was broken.

14. Tegoeh Chuzy says:

I saw this on sale and thought it was worth a try to make cleaning the floor in my kitchen easier. And I am very pleased with it. It cleans very well and the suction is powerful enough for what I do with it. Its actually quite surprising just how much it pulls up. The stand for charging is also very easy to use and I like the simple light which indicates if it is fully charged.

On the negative side, the filter does tend to get very dusty and isn’t the easiest thing to get really clean. Though having said that a pack of 4 replacement filters is quite cheap so you can always have a spare while the previous one dries from having been washed.

Overall I would recommend this as a very handy device to have around for a quick clean.

15. BLMVernita says:

This cleaner is ideal for doing your stairs also I’ve got a parrot which is really messy, just take the cleaner off charger and it deals with the discarded seed and feathers no problem, saves me getting out the vacuum all the time and just put it on charger when finished. It’s got a real good suction and really light and well made .

16. maleenhancementpillsp59 says:

I have a few dyson cordless in my house, up and downstairs and an old one in the garage but this is definitely a favourite. I use it on all those little time consuming jobs that would require me finding the correct tool and taking the wand off of my other cleaners.
    Cleaning the dust out of the french door bottom rails- easy
    Around the windows I can’t quite reach- easy.
    Behind the sofa – easy
    Around the edge of the carpet- easy
    The skirting boards – easy
    My house is actually cleaner because I can do all these jobs so quickly, just grabbing it and doing the job without any thought.
    I would love another permanently upstairs but may take me a while to persuade the other half.
    Highly highly recommended

Good little hoover, lightweight and handy size but not as powerful as people making out, look at picture of a rug after using a full battery on it still not properly cleaned and the particles could be removed with a light brush of the hand so why did t the hoover pick them up, could be stronger suction.

Good but could be bette

I am delighted with my purchase. worth every penny.
    As a self confessed ‘Monica’ I’m pleased to report this cordless shark lives up to its reputation. It’s light weight, it has powerful suction & has a decent amount of battery life. I nearly didn’t buy due to a few negative reviews but I’m glad I ignored them & went for it. I use it almost every day. It’s great for getting in hard to reach places like drawers & cupboards or quickly sucking up biscuit crumbs from my messy children & popping out to the car to clear up dried mud from a certain doggie!! (It certainly will not do the whole car in one battery but great for small amounts you want to clean up quickly)
    I can highly recommend.

Fantastic suction from such a small device. I have found battery power plenty especially with the two battery model, sixteen minutes is plenty for a handheld. I bought it mainly for the car, and its stick like design is great for this use. With good suction it is being used for all manner of jobs, under furniture small areas. The only think if, like I did the other day you pick up a lot of dust this accumulates around the filter and will cause it to keep switching off, so keep the filter clean and clear.

I bought it to clean stairs from my dog hair. Now it became my most favourite item in the house. It does exactly what it should. Very impressed with the suction. Definitely would recommend it, also make sure you get it with two batteries.

21. HansTulloch says:

22. ReynaQ76rgnlvgh says:

I read a lot of reviews before buying this product and if like me this is for cleaning little messes then it does the job well. I use this to clean up after my new kitty who seems to carry a lot of litter out of the box and on my floor and round the flat!! Since receiving this product my floors are clean once again. Good product. I have not tried on stairs so I cannot comment but if you have hard floors I believe it would be sufficient for dust, pet hair and cat litter lol!!!

Does the job

This little vacuum packs a mighty punch and it looks good to boot.
    The fusion of modern styling with technology combines well and produces a most effective hoover that is ideal for those situations where getting out the family sized cleaner is overkill.
    Easy emptying and quick charging adds to the charm of this item.

24. PamelaFairbairn says:

I love this handle little hoover. It’s light weight and it gets into those little places your big hoover cant get to like radiator grooves and window blind slats. Great with the second battery when your doing the whole house and have it turned on a while.

27. CarolineMccune says:

28. Susanne02M says:

So I have a corded Shark Hoover which I love so decided to order this as top up of those little bits that get dropped as the day goes on, well I am very impressed, love that it’s slim and the actual stand is not bulky. Suction and battery very good and have used it for the car. It got up all cat hair of the sofa and has easy empty tray. For me, it has been a good investment as I have had cheaper ones in the past that dont really last long.

When it first arrived I thought it blew more around than it picked up & felt a bit disappointed especially for the price, but once I added the nozzle it worked much better. It does blow out a lot of air & is quite noisy. Not sure I would feel full price is good value but for the sale price I’m really happy. Easy to use & to empty the dust bin. I’m not sure it’s a large enough nozzle to make a quick job of stairs but overall I’m pleased with it & it’s pretty effective.

Excellent vacuum, light weight & powefull. The battery is more than sufficient. It made a descent job of everything I threw at it including my car.
    Well worth the money.

31. Mike Sorrentino says:

I got this for my daughter from her Amazon wish list. She lives in a large flat with polished wood floors.
    She has a robot vacuum which is great but doesn’t clean the corners too well. so with this one she can just wiz around & do those in a few minuets. its also very useful for her car that is parked up several steps on the car park. Much better than having to run an extension lead or finding time and spending money on valeting.

32. Seth Fiegerman says:

hought it was rather expensive but, as it comes with a 2 year guarantee and 2 batteries , with super performance ,is so light and handy for stairs and car, I have to say it is EXCELLENT VALUE. I should get years of use. 10 out of 10

34. RickNobbsezd says:

Light and easy to use and to store. Picks up in the corners where a larger machine does not.
    A bit expensive and I wish the battery lasted longer – glad I bought the two battery version.

35. AshleigLeckie says:

This is an outstanding handheld vacuum. Ignore any negative reviews who say they weren’t impressed because they couldn’t do the whole house with it. It’s made for light duties like crumbs and light car cleaning not hoovering the entire house with. It looks great & it works great. Just remember to clean the filters and don’t suck up wet dirt because it’s not a wet vac.

Have a Shark upright cleaner so decided on getting the same brand as a handheld model.
    Pleased so far with the performance and the additional battery is a great concept.

38. BeverlyFelix says:

Been after one of these for a while and when it was on offer I treated myself. I opted to pay im for it in instalments offered by Amazon. After reading some negative reviews I wasn’t expecting a lot from this but it’s been great so far. Lightweight and good suction. It’s handy for the stairs and I use it daily for the daily clean only the Guinea pig cage. It’s easy to use and I haven’t hAd to use the other battery yet as I’ve never ran out of power.

39. DieterHervey says:

Very happy with the product. It’s lightweight, suction is good and easy to use. I wouldn’t pay the premium for Dyson. The double battery would last ~15mins which gives plenty of time for small jobs, including car.

40. AlejandCollee says:

It is lightweight and was purchased to vacuum the car and stairs.
    The suction is very poor and the length of time I can use it straight after charging and recharging is very poor 2-3 minutes
    Bad purchase