Fireangel CO-9D Digital Sealed for Life Carbon Monoxide Alarm, White

Batteries Required: Yes
Batteries Included: Lithium Ion
Manufacture: Sprue Safety Products
Colour: White
Quantity: 1

1. ReedColunga says:

A very simple product and easy to install / use. This is the second one I have had, the previous one having a dying battery. This is my main criticism in that the battery does not last the claimed 10 years and is not replaceable, in common with several Fireangel products. In fact, anyone handy with a screwdriver and soldering iron could change the battery. The only reason I didn’t is because I could only purchase batteries in a pack of 10 so it was cheaper to replace the whole alarm!

2. AugustaU18 says:

I bought this to replace previous model purchased in 2012 which has just failed having out-lived advertised battery life. I can vouch for it’s longevity then. It sits unobtrusively on a shelf. Omits a loud ring when tested and I sleep easy at night secure in the knowledge that it is doing its job. I like the display which can also show the room temperature. I have no problem with recommending this as a fine security product.

I’m about to buy a replacement for the one I bought early in 2015. After almost seven years of use the battery is still okay, since buying this monitor we have only bought CO2 and smoke detectors with sealed batteries. It is comforting to know that we don’t have to keep replacing batteries, and as sensors only have a lifespan of 7-10 years nothing is wasted, and we don’t find ourselves in a situation where we have a functioning battery, but the sensor has failed. We have tested that the monitor works on a few occassions, perhaps not as often as we should have done, though the battery has been tested on a regular basis. Looking at what is currently available I don’t see anything better, so have ordered an identical replacement.

6. Anna Tims says:

had no problem with the gadget, it has not gone off randomly.

If you read this post please inform friends and family of the below.

Smoke and carbon monoxide alarm rules extended (2022)

smoke alarms will be mandatory in all social rented homes

carbon monoxide alarms will be mandatory in rooms with a fixed combustion appliance (excluding gas
    cookers) in both private and social rented homes.

carbon monoxide alarms will also be mandatory upon installation of any heating appliance (excluding gas
    cookers) in all tenures through building regulations

landlords will be expected to repair or replace alarms once informed that they are faulty

7. Tod Marks says:

I got this item as it is now essential for the renewal of the Boat Safety Certificate. The engineer who carried out my test likes this type of display as it gives warning of lower levels of CO than is triggered by an audible warning alone.

8. MarjoriFulcher says:

9. Becky Bain says:

I got this to replace my last detector that kept alarming for no reason ( i have a back up downstairs) so I ordered this one for the display as well as the alarm. I have had fire angel products before and they are very good. Would recomend this unit. It sits next to the boiler cupboard looks nice.

10. JosieCulley says:

11. Jayme says:

Easy to install, stands well on the book shelf. Looks good, can’t comment on battery life as only had them a little while, but hopefully good. Bought to replace old monitors that we’ve had for about 7yrs.

Bought as replacement for a much older model whose battery life had ended. Just remove the battery tag to power up and fitted on old unit mounting screws. Nice and loud when using test button.

14. jimmykak says: