BISSELL SpotClean Pro | Our Most Powerful Portable Carpet Cleaner | Remove Spots, Spills & Stains | Clean Carpets, Stairs, Upholstery, Car Seats & More | 1558E

1558E

SpotClean Pro 1558E

36981

SpotClean ProHeat 36981

15588

SpotClean Pet Pro 15588

Cleaning Surface
Carpet, Rugs, Upholstery, Car Carpet, Rugs, Upholstery, Car Carpet, Rugs, Upholstery, Car
Wattage/ Power
650 – 750 W 275 – 330 W 650 – 750 W
Heated Cleaning
No Yes – HeatWave Technology No
PowerJet Technology
Yes – Through Hand Held Tool Yes – Through Hand Held Tool Yes – Through Hand Held Tool
Clean Water Tank Capacity
2.8L 1.1 L 2.8L
Dirty Water Tank Capacity
2.2L 725 ml 2.2L
Hose Length
1.5m 1.37 m 1.5m
Cord Length
6.7m 5 m 6.7m
Weight
5.8 kg 4.17 kg 5.8 kg
Cleaning Formula
Sample Wash & Protect Pro Sample Spot stain&Oxygen Boost Sample Wash & Protect Pet
Tools

Dimensions: 25 x 36 x 35.6 cm; 6 Kilograms
Brand: BISSELL
Model: 1558E
Colour: Titanium Black
Colour: Titanium Black

1. Chris Lockwood says:

This is a great machine. We had a flood from the flat roof above. We have burgandy carpet and there was a whitish deposit in it from the flood water. It was also dirty and going smelly despite drying it out withing 48 hrs. Wish I had this machine to suck some of the flood water out but at least I have it if we get flooded again. I washed just a large square to test it out and it looks great while wet. Not sure it can rescue my carpet and I will need a new one but at least it got out a whole load of dirt and whatever the whitish powdery stuff was untill I can replace the carpet.

The machine itself is small and ideal for many jobs. However, the hose is quite short when you consider how loud the machine is. You can’t escape the ear defening noise level. I had to take breaks because I have personal limitations to how much I can do. When I turned the machine off for those breaks I couldn’t hear prooerly in the ear of the side the machine was on. I teied pounting the air flow vent away from me and so on to limit the noise but it was still so very loud. Some may not mind this but some folk may find loud hoover type noises difficult.

The cord was long enough for my use. The tanks are a good size. I cleaned a large square area and only had quarter of the refuse tank filled up.

I haven’t used the small attachment as I was cleaning a larger section of carpet. Not sure I would ever need that one. I would have liked some on board storage for it but there isn’t. Not a hige deal breaker for me but I do have a habit of putting things somewhere so I don’t lose them as I might need them one day, then when that day comes it is nowhere to be found.

I read a review that said the attachment snapped under the preasure they were applying. But you shouldn’t apply preassure too much. You need air flow. You tilt it back away from the brush. If you apply lots of preasure then you cut off air flow and then there is zero suction. Same with a hoover. If you put your hand over the hose of a hoover it can’t suck air up and the motor freaks out and strains itself. Likewise with sucking up the water. You need airflow for the machine to suck upwards. Add lots of preassure and to cut off its ability. So tilt back onto the clear plastic area but don’t push down to the floor too hard.

The machine doesn’t dry the carpet. It is not a dryer. It removes liquid enough for you to be able to air dry the carpet or fabric quickly. It should take 30mins to an hour to dry a whole room carpet with doors/windows open, good air flow and not raining outside to make the air flow coming in damp. Your best way to dry fast is with carpet fans or even just fans to get air flowing around the room. A dehumidifier as well would dry things even quicker. The faster you can dry the carpet after the better results. I use a 20L per day dehumidifier and one floor fan for a medium room if doing a whole carpet.

On receipt, I gave the sofa arms a quick spruce up. The difference was very noticable and the waste water was suitably filthy.

You don’t need to press hard or work it vigorously so the head should not need to snap. Press the button to squirt the water and firmly and calmly move the head back and forth. It works a dream.

It’s a little louder than my vacuum cleaner but it’s not excessively loud.

I recommend this machine. Top stuff.

It’s a little louder than my vacuum cleaner but it’s not excessively loud.

I recommend this machine. Top stuff.

4. Josh Rotter says:

This machine is really powerful. I’ve had some stains on my carpet I couldn’t get out. From my child, my old dog, and from my back door leaking. I’ve used this machine and they’re gone. It doesn’t leave your carpet soaking wet either. The cleaner solution smells nice. It is very easy to use and to empty. The tank when full covers a bigish area. I’m really impressed.

8. Beth Pridding says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersVery good little tool, ideal for cars or small sections of carpet (probably take a very long time to large carpeted areas).

It is very noisy, earplugs needed kind of noisy.

I am very impressed with car seats after 10 mins with this handy tool, they look like new.

Included bottle of cleaner is very small, suggest buying a larger bottle together with the machine.

9. MarianoWilley says:

The carpet cleaner is so easy to use, very easy to set up.
    There are 2 cleaning heads which are different size, so ideal for carpets, rugs, stairs, cushions. The list is endless where you can use the cleaner.
    I like that you could spray the solution onto carpet then go over it to take the water out of the carpet. So it didn’t take too long to dry.
    It will fit in a cupboard as not too big and it’s not too heavy.

The carpet cleaner is so easy to use, very easy to set up.
    It will fit in a cupboard as not too big and it’s not too heavy.

The carpet cleaner is so easy to use, very easy to set up.
    It will fit in a cupboard as not too big and it’s not too heavy.

The carpet cleaner is so easy to use, very easy to set up.
    It will fit in a cupboard as not too big and it’s not too heavy.

13. Brian E. Clark says:

We got this machine to clean our sofas and rugs, we don’t have carpet. The sofa is quite dark in colour, had no stains but I kept on sneezing every time I sat down. Well, it did survive building work and while I vacuum it regularly, I guess dust and dirt have settled. I don’t see much difference on the sofa itself after cleaning it but the dirty water said it all, it was nasty. I love this machine, it didn’t leave the sofa wet much but it’s now clean and smells fantastic.

14. AimeeS85dfdo says:

I’ve used this on some carpet stains, and it did do a fairly good job. It didn’t totally remove the stains, but certainly diminished them.
    Spent well over an hour cleaning 3 seat cushions on our sofa today and the stains our toddler has decorated the sofa with are unfortunately still there. The material is quite rugged so perhaps it isn’t ideal for this machine, but hey ho. The water was absolutely revolting so it certainly does clean… But I can’t say it removes stains. If I could remove the covers they would fair far better in the washing machine.
    I even tried steaming just before I used this cleaner… No effect.

After reading all comments good & bad, I decided to get it.. so glad I did, its amazing. I cleaned my 6 seater sofa within the hour and dried.
    Super easy to put together and use. Small and compact, hose could be a little longer so it can reach back of sofa without lifting it up. Has a long cable so no need to move plugs half way through. Only had to fill up the water tank twice. .
    Also cleaned our workplace carpet tiled floor (reception) was satisfying watching it lift the dirt lol
    Also bought an upright one for floors and it’s also amazing (just have to go at snail speed with that one)
    Highly recommended.

17. IzettaBeeston says:

Have used this cleaner a few times to clean the carpets in the car and inside the house, along with upholstery cleaning. Does an amazing job of extracting the dirt which is visible in the waste water collection chamber. A must have for any household to remove spills and stains from carpets and upholstery.

Tip: Spray the solution provided onto the surface, use manual or a drill brush to agitate the dirt and then use Warm water in the Bisell to extract the dirt by spraying water on the surface and extracting. Works better than mixing solution with water water directly in the Bissell.

18. Alex Sword says:

TL;DR
    Plus: size, weight, power cable length, suction, cost, cleans well
    Minus: Have to use manual scrubbing (i.e. brushes don’t rotate on their own), leaking water when emptying the tank, hose length could be longer, very loud

Have used this once now so bear in mind my review is based on first impressions.

The compact size is what drew me to this product and is definitely a firm plus as I only have a small under stair storage cupboard. It’s easy to move around and lightweight which I appreciate because I had a larger vacuum style carpet cleaner previously that was just the biggest bulkiest thing to move around which meant it never got used.

I expected to have to use “elbow grease” for scrubbing so this is not truly a minus for me, but for someone who wants something completely automated, this will not be the product for them. I also wouldn’t mind the hose being a bit longer. Especially as the machine itself is very(!) loud especially when it was sitting on a hardwood floor next to the rug I was cleaning causing the sound to echo/resonate (honestly, I would probably recommend ear defenders!). However, the biggest minus I have found is that when emptying the tank with the dirty water, there was clearly still water sitting in the housing around the tank which leaked onto the floor after the tank was removed. Maybe I didn’t give it long enough suctioning air after the wet suction? I’ll run it a bit longer next time and see. However, the machine worked well at extracting up the dirty water and the carpet didn’t take long to dry which seemed to indicate the suction works fairly well overall and definitely worked well (using the enclosed solution) at getting out some pet stains.

19. Новиков Сергей says:

I like to think I’m a thorough cleaner and regularly use Dr Beckmans on my carpets as we have a dog, and my partner has a habit of spilling coffee (the perks of working from home!) I thought it was doing a good job of keeping them clean but the bissell spot cleaner has proven me wrong! The pictures speak for themselves. You will be horrified at just how dirty your carpets are! It took me about an hour and a half to do one room. I’ve also used it on our sofa for a few little stains and it’s come up perfectly. The water tank is a little leaky, and it’s hard to work out how much cleaner to use without physically measuring it as it doesn’t come with a measuring cup or a fill line on the tank (there is one for water but not for cleaning solution) but it’s easy to work around. I really like it and have already reccomended it to friends and family.

Easy and Effective

20. FrancisKEIW says:

This has been an absolute godsend, completely removing all stains etc from our carpets. We also have 2 dogs who are occasionally taken ill on them & the spot cleaner completely removes any trace of an (either end) accident within minutes ! Makes effortless to clear up what would otherwise be a long messy clean up. I generally only use warm water without detergent on fresh spills but have also used detergent to successfully remove historic stains. No reservation in recommending !

21. Marlys08Kqr says:

To be honest. I mis bought, I should have gotten something to more easily do larger spaces, I didn’t realise this was for small bits.

I think this spot cleaner and a proper carpet cleaner would ideal.

We used a lavender soup. Not the little bottle that came with it.

Took a long time, we used an additional brush which was key, we went over areas a couple of times.

When we moved in these stains were there. Over 3 years ago. We think it was puppy urine.

Now all gone!

It’s very good. But it’s hard work for the whole house.

23. jeeves says:

I think this spot cleaner and a proper carpet cleaner would ideal.

We used a lavender soup. Not the little bottle that came with it.

Now all gone!

It’s very good. But it’s hard work for the whole house.

24. Oliver Dale says:

I was not sure thought it would be cheaper for a rug doctor loan but the reviews stirred me, i purchased and I am super pleased. Everywhere is cleaner and my sofa a large corner fabric is back to new!! Its actually good to have and once or twice a year if that give the carpets and sofa a nice new lift. Highly recommend!!

25. KBHKarryrrt says:

26. MartaEasterling says:

Bought because “I wanted one”. Initially I wanted it to do the car mats and seats. Did the car mats in the sitting room one day I was bored and they came up excellent. I then turned my attention to stain on the carpet that I had tried to remove with a Vax, to no avail, years ago. Boom!!! Stain gone!!!!! I then did the whole sitting room carpet and then the stairs carpet too……… Very good machine, but thats born out by many great reviews and youtube videos too.

27. Adam says:

28. GeraldBrowder says:

Product arrived in bissell box and not double packaged which is always a plus when getting rid of cardboard. The unit itself seems well made and comes with a small sample bottle of cleaning fluid which should last a long time. Bought for cleaning cars it has a 1.5m hose which allows great access and two water tanks one clean water other for dirty. It comes with two nozzles big and small. The small is excellent for getting into car upholstery and carpets while the bigger one more suited to household carpets. Suction power is great and car was dry in about 2 hours. Cleaning of the unit after use is easy, clean bucket of water suck ut up through the nozzle and it cleans all the dirt out the hose stopping any long term smells. Vary happy.

29. EliseManzi says:

Have previously borrowed a friends cleaner but with the purchase of my new puppy decided to buy one for myself. The cleaner has been very useful and is so easy to use ! Very good value for money and the cleaning product that I bought to use with it smells lovely! Suction power is very good and the carpets are almost dry to the touch. I used it to clean my sofa cushions and they have come up amazing clean!

31. Haley Henschel says:

32. Donna59Uhwywze says:

Cleaned the foot stool. very dirty especially on the corners. Good points, powerful, sucks well and leaves little cleaning fluid on the item being cleaned. spray works well and delivers a lot of fluid. The brush is reasonable, maybe another row of bristles would work well. Cleaning heads seem a little counter-intuitive. The working order is, suck in front then brush then spray. Personally I think spray, brush Suck makes more sense. I sprayed, turned off the machine, scrubbed then turned back on and sucked. It worked well. It is loud but I’d rather an effective tool that a quiet one! It does what was expected. I would have liked a slightly longer hose. The electric lead is nice and long. Personally I don’t think it’s too heavy. It packs away neatly. Overall I’m happy.

Loud, Powerful, Compact and Effective