Meaco 20L Low Energy Dehumidifier and Air Purifier 2 in 1- Dehumidifier For Medium to Large Size Homes – Controls Humidity & Cleans Air All Year Round with HEPA filter [Energy Class A]

Approximate electricity cost 2.53p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh 3.88p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh 4p/hour based on 15.32p/kWh
Air Flow 100m³/hour 160m³/hour 150/170/215/280m³/hour
Humidistat Yes, from 30 to 80% in 5%rh steps Yes, from 30 to 80% in 5%rh steps Yes, from 30 to 80% in 5%rh steps
Auto Restart
Noise Level Maximum 44dB(A) Maximum 46dB(A) 42/43/45/50dBA – depending on running mode
Electronic controls
Fan Speeds One Two Four
Filter Yes, Option of HEPA filter (one free in box to try) Yes, Option of HEPA filter (one free in box to try) Yes
Meaco Control Logic
Laundry Mode Yes Yes Yes, with 280m³/h air flow for super fast drying whilst using less energy

Dimensions: 38.5 x 59.5 x 29 cm; 12.6 Kilograms
Brand: Meaco
Model: 20L LE
Colour: White
Colour: White

Overall very pleased with this dehumidifier. This is my first dehumidifier so can’t compare it with anything. It’s far from silent but it didn’t really stop me from sleeping. Works well but the only complaint is that the humidity level shown on the display is way out. For example, it might show the current level to be 57 when my hygrometer is displaying 45. But as I rely on my trusted hygrometer, this doesn’t bother me. I would recommend this product.

I had a cheap dehumidifier, bought this one and noticed a big difference. My old one was 170w but would be on all night and couldn’t get the humidity to 55% ever, this one’s obviously a bit more but goes down to my set humidity at 55% within a hour or two then switches off automatically! And check the room humidoty every half hour to see if it needs to switch back on Saving a lot of power, use it to dry my clothes, it’s a lot quieter than my other one also. Only thing I will say is it is pretty heavy but has wheels on them. It’s so brilliant. Would strongly recommend

3. KathaleenSander says:

5. CherylChery says:

Bought this for the Autumn/ winter months it cleans the air too and is very quite. Really pleased with it and a Which Buy

6. Anthony McGlynn says:

Bought this product to remove damp from our new bungalow, as soon as we switched it on it started to remove gallons of water!!! Added the Hepa filter and every room now smells much better and much healthier. Selected the Meaco product for it quality and energy efficiency .
    Brilliant for drying washing, we get very little condensation on the windows, wife loves it.
    Home feels much warmer and we have had to turn the heating down
    Highly recommend

7. Jeff Bartlett says:

Last winter I had a serious problem with condensation in my house. The windows would be soaking wet and opening the windows wouldn’t make much of a difference. Soon black mould began to appear in several locations which was quite stressful. I consulted various damp proofing specialists, all of which gave me expensive solutions and no guarantee the issue would be eradicated.

This year I decided to buy a dehumidifier to see if it makes a difference. The first one I bought (different make/model) did the job well, but drained energy. I returned it and bought another one (again, different make/model) but I wasn’t convinced it was doing the job. Third time lucky, I bought this Meaco unit. It’s perfect. The unit now effortlessly controls humidity across the entire house. Sometimes I move it around from room to room but most of the time it’s not necessary. The unit is a little heavy but its no bother thanks to its easy manoeuvrability and high quality build. The water tank is large so I don’t have to worry about it filling up constantly. The noise level is no louder than a fan, and actually for me white noise helps me sleep better so it doesn’t bother me at all. I can’t get over how quickly it dries laundry. In the winter when laundry actually contributes to the humidity issue, it’s no longer a problem.

And finally, this year I’ve had no black mould and I feel like I’m breathing much healthier air.

This unit has been a been a little miracle for me. It’s reduced my stress levels, improved my quality of life and I feel healthier. I couldn’t recommend this unit enough.

8. Stephanie Mulholland says:

Firstly there isn’t anything to dislike about the Meaco Dehumidifier. It’s amazing. I no longer have any condensation on my windows, I leave this on in my hallway and it keeps my home feeling less humid and fresher. Living in Cornwall by the Ocean means we suffer with high humidity levels and constant condensation on our windows, Not anymore! Also is fab for drying your washing Well worth the money. Highly recommend if you’re looking for a decent dehumidifier. It’s not noisy, obviously you can hear it but it’s not annoying, I sleep easily whilst the dehumidifier is running. It’s amazing how much moisture it catches. It’s easy to use, easy to clean and easy to move from room to room due to its coasters. Thanks Meaco!

11. Sherry Lipp says:

Easy to use, only been on for 2 days but first night extracted around 3 ltrs of moisture, we have it in our conservatory next to the bedroom, slight humming noise could be heard, and that is with the bedroom window open, so did not affect sleep at all, simple to empty just pull out the bucket and empty in to sink, we have a large conservatory and the walls are brick, it’s a single skinned wall with no ventilation, sliding glass doors and 2 large windows to the side, all get full of condensation and the walls get black mould, hopefully not any more, first morning no condensation and none since using if this carries on…. Great product.

12. Kristin4889 says:

13. MatthewZNEO says:

14. JasonSherer says:

I am really glad that I purchased this item, it has helped me out no end. I noticed the difference within hours. The only downside I have found is that it costs more per hour than the other write ups advise but on the other hand gets my washing dry without the use of a tumble drye

This products works really well. Well switched on it gives an immediate reading of the humidity in the atmosphere. You can set it to a certain level (50 is recommended in the instructions). There are 2 speed settings for the fan and a timer if you want the device to run for a certain amount of time before switching itself off. It certainly extracts an impressive amount of water from the atmosphere and there is an indicator that shows when the water container is full. It is also useful for speeding up drying of clothes and the instructions show optimum settings for this scenario. I haven’t yet had an electric bill since in began using the device so cannot tell how much additional energy it is using, but the claims are that it uses minimal amounts of electricity to operate. I usually have the fan on the low setting as, I would imagine, this uses less energy. The fan is recommended to be on high setting for clothes drying.

16. FlorianHollinwo says:

We bought a Meaco 20L Dehumidifier on a Which Best Buy recommendation and having trialled an alternative. I couldn’t be more pleased with the product. It was originally bought to prevent damp and mould in an old property and completely sorted the issue. Having moved house, we’ve gone on to use it as a low energy alternative to a tumble dryer and it’s been brilliant. A very well designed and made product from great British company. It may be made in China (like your iPhone and most of the quality electrical items you own) but Meaco is a top end brand and thoroughly recommended.

18. MaryellBaier says:

Golden Review Award: 3 From Our UsersOverall I’m delighted with this product and it has done exactly what I needed it to do. I live in a listed building where I have a curved metal window. It’s impossible to secondary glaze and I’m not allowed to remove it. The frame had always been a condensation trap which during the winter runs with water causing black mould to the plaster surrounding it. This product has solved the problem in its entirety and i have zero condensation now. It’s a neat unit, easy to move and operate. One small issue is that sometimes it vibrates and the noise can be irritating but i find popping a wedge under one corner solves the problem. Overall i would not be without it.

Easy to move around. Handles a 2 bed bungalow cottage no problem. Not loud. I like the air filter only function. Good for pollen in the summer.

22. RainaDesir says:

I was sceptical about just how much humidity this could pull out of the air, I shouldn’t have been. We noticed mold in the corner of our bedroom and wall paper peeling in November 2021. Bought the Meaco 20L and have run it every few days, left for a day it fills the tank which is crazy. Can’t recommend it highly enough.

Only had the Meaco 20L dehumidifier 2 weeks and it is proving invaluable.
    It does everything it says on the tin!
    Very pleased. I would thoroughly recommend this product.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.
    our council bungalow suffers from damp and we have the thing on 24/7 and it purifys the air and removes a lot of moisture from the air which means we empty it every 2 to 3 days.
    The sound is bearly audible and the cat is perfectly fine with it even from day one never seeing anything like it the device didnt even make much noise at all sept for the little sound alarm in it that rings to let you know when its full and needs emptying.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

26. WhitneyKoerstz says:

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

we have had this now for a few weeks and we are delighted with it.

29. Rich Brown says:

Have tried other dehumidifiers (cheaper) but have all started to leak after 2-3 months, this one so far, so good. Like the fact has about double the capacity of previous units, means have to empty every other day as opposed to once a day but is a bit weighty when removing and pouring could do with a better design.
    Tip: Turn machine OFF before removing/emptying water container otherwise tends to drip if left on. Once emptied and container replaced, turn back on. Overall, this machine feels more substantial than previous and so far performs well hence ‘Best I’ve Tried’.

31. BlaineTipton says:

32. Celia18Iwnon says:

We had alot of condensation in our conservatory, literally pouring down the glass.
    A bit apprehensive buying this, as wasn’t sure if it was up to the job. We’ll I’m glad I did, such an amazing dehumidifier, cleared the windows in no time.
    Brilliant product!!!

33. RobertaMajors says:

we have high moisture levels on our thermometer and we have both been suffering with coughs and sneezes for awhile and could not seem to shift permanently. I then researched and bought this model because it has the air purifer in it as i do suffer with allergies . I can not tell how much energy it is using. I ran it for 2 days 24/7 in the bedroom and in the evening had to place it in the hallway.
    The noise level does not bother me in the least but my husbands hearing is very sensitive and as sharp as a pin and I knew it would bother him although we have not tried it. It has collected alot of water so far and we are both very pleased with this purchase.

34. HansTulloch says:

I was skeptical about any dehumidifier after using some smaller cheap ones. Went all in. No regrets. This machine has changed our house! It’s removed and keeps removing so much monsters. House smells better and feels so dry and ‘cosy’. The warmth from the heating stays so much longer. No condensation on the windows or the cold spots anymore! I would even contemplate getting a second to keep one upstairs and one downstairs. I genially was shocked how much water it pulled out the house, especially at the start of using it.

36. Alejand3527 says:

This de-humidifier does a great job by removing 12+litres of water out of the house everyday and hardly uses any electricity.

I bought this product from Amazon only a few weeks ago. It arrived fast and put it to use straight away. We use it normally for drying laundry especially in the winter months. It is early in its career to be able to review reliably the energy usage but regarding its operation as a dehumidifier so far it seems to be extremely efficient with great water capacity and a variety of settings to suit sufficiently many situations. It is also easy to move around the home.

We are very pleased and would highly recommend It.

38. TrentLucier says:

We are very pleased and would highly recommend It.

4l over 6 hours is pretty darn good. It likes watts. Not using energy rated as suggested in said RH/TEMP on box. Uses 280watts in its peak. Well that’s what the tester says. Goes from 230-280 in its highest working conditions 25c 60rh. 4l over 6hrs. Heats the whole house. Even though we got it just to get damp out of 1 room. 6hrs 4l later the room is bone dry room RH down from 67% to 41 went back up to 48 28hrs later. We also use it 1hr during the day & 1hr during the evening to heat up the house. Only gas needed for hot water now. With gas going up 33% this is a product that will increase the electricity bill but cut gas by 80%. So, it pays for the watts it uses, you have to look at it like that. Cause over 48hrs we’ve used 17kwh as opposed to our normal 5-8 kwh. But we’ve used 30mins of gas for hot water instead of 6hrs a day in gas so 11.5hrs in gas not used. About 7-8. Electricity will cost 58cents after vat and all that. So, about 4e worth of extra watts and 7-8 in gas saved. So, total savings 3-4. Love the free HEPA filter. Thank you.

40. DeonHookbw says:

41. FreddyODoherty says:

Decided to try this instead of a tumble-drier in small utility room. I hang as much as I can from clothes hangers – so putting stuff away afterwards involves little work. Can’t hear it running with the door shut. Did worry that my clothes might start to smell musty – as damp for hours whilst drying. Not so. Everything but thick towels, trainers (yes!) and sweatshirts/jogging-pants dries within four hours. The other stuff I leave to dry overnight (after emptying the tank). Now hang my outerwear and umbrella in the room as well – to benefit from the drying. Even if it doesn’t save power (I don’t know) it’s so easy. I’m converted.

42. DanielGleadow says:

Will beat you in a drinking competition.. Jokes aside this is a great buy, more energy efficient than rivals . removes moisture at great speed. Living in a studio apartment with kitchen and bedroom all integrated when I cook or do my washing there is a great deal of moisture that causes mold growth, insomnia . Even moisture from my own breathing overnight can accumulate. This dehumidifier takes care of all that and keeps humidity at an ideal 40% for sleep. before purchase the level was at 65-75% which was too uncomfortable and caused interrupted sleep

44. MiloP45cfn says: