The Middle Earth Collection [The Lord Of The Rings / The Hobbit] [Extended Edition] [Blu-ray] [2014] [2016]

Dimensions: 17.3 x 13.6 x 9.5 cm; 1.07 Kilograms
Model: 1000629605
Origin: Portugal

1. AbbeyMitford says:

Brilliant films and quality with the extended scenes. Noticed scenes iv never seen before which was great and the making of films.

Pros long films with great image and extra scenes.

Cons I’d have the case is okay but could of been better. Already its tearing on corner. My hands are big but it feels flimsy.

But overall 5*

Extended edition with the extra discs.

2. DannieWanliss says:

Pros long films with great image and extra scenes.

But overall 5*

Extended edition with the extra discs.

3. VonLamilami says:

brilliant boxset for the price i paid these are just great films from start to Finnish ham happy with my purches from amazon great service from them thank you.

After years of watching the dvd extended version I upgraded to bluray. The experience is immense. Not got round to the hobbit yet and all the additional extras.

6. Sara Kay says:

7. shoesdirect4you says:

9. EmileBellingsha says:

Item arrived damaged although outer box was undamaged. I got this at a god price. Great for any middle earth fan.

Great for fans of middle earth

Great for fans of middle earth

Great for fans of middle earth

12. CharmaiDuong says:

The content feature will satisfy everyone from first time watchers, collectors, to casual and hardcore fans. It’s also at a very good price.

Of course there aren’t many physical items but that’s expected for the price and I know that they’re not needed.

One problem is not with the release itself but the lack of actual deleted scenes we have never seen in full. Such as Gil Galad, the scouring of the Shire, Eowyn fighting Uruks in the caves of Helms deep, Gimli as Lord of the caves, Legolas in Ithilien and hours more.

A new and final edition is needed. We don’t really need extra goodies like replication of the one ring or figures for the collectors. A few features left on other dvds, maybe a few maps chucked in or more book content talked about in the behind the scenes, a few more options download wise?

Either way, a final dvd collection is needed. Although I know Peter Jackson was extremely tired after the Hobbit. Who knows

I would still buy this for anyone who likes fantasy and has never seen LOTR or for the fan who has read the books and watched it a dozen times like me.

Close to perfectio

13. Albertina54C says:

An amazing set, would recommend to anyone how likes the movies

14. GeorgetRkr says:

An amazing set, would recommend to anyone how likes the movies

15. Andrew Morrisey says:

An amazing set, would recommend to anyone how likes the movies

All six extended, good price, just buy it for any fan, or for yourself

We’ve only ever had a family copy of LoTR and the Hobbit, after that I only had the digital copies. For the sale price, I couldn’t believe it – absolute bargain and very happy. The only way to watch this is the extended versions! My all time favourite trilogy (and the best!).

18. MauriceGottlieb says:

As others has mentioned there has been problems with sound and image and this is true – occasionally the speakers will only output white noise and the picutre will stutter and glitch with it displaying the wrong colour – however, i find that this happens rarely and will normally fix itself if you just open the cd tray then close it again. It is only a minor nussance and if you get it for the 35.20 like I did, is well worth the hassle when normally it should

Only get this on sale. If you dont want to wait for a sale and need it straight away I would recommend the 70 middle earth collection, it has Dolby Atmos (and Dolby TrueHD 7.1) with a remastered picture – I havent seen it but I would assume has better picture and should fix the problem I mentioned above.

The audio is DTS HD Master, lossless – always great – and is my favourite audio codex other than Atmos and DTS:X. The audio track on these are less bassy than other Dolby tracks which is nice because the Dolby tracks for this film are too bassy to start with (credit to the audio engineers on the films) DTS HD Master also enables you to pinpoint where sounds are coming from, better than they Dolby Surround and Dolby TrueHD mixes – not sure about how it compares to Atmos mixes which should be a lot better. Most of the ability to pinpoint the sound I’ve found is what you listen to it on, watched it on a 20 year old panasonic ‘Home Theater’ system with the sound being less than impressive and where all you hear is sound coming from speakers and rather sounds being placed all around you and coming from places without any speakers nearby. When I switched over to my Nad T758 V3i and some low quality diy speakers the soundstage developed infinitely and felt like there was a circle of speakers all around, not just 5 with it sounding like I had front wides and surround backs – maybe now is the time you’ve been waiting for and upgrade your sound system.

There is nothing particular to say about the picture, ive tried it on a small 32 inch 1080p TV (sat about 7.6 feet away) and it looks good enough and also on a 65 inch 4k TV if anything i prefered the 32 inch, even with my Panasonic DP UB820 upscaling to 4k on the 65 inch it didn’t look like true 4k like it does with most over upscaling – great blu ray player highly recommended – this lead to a more pixelated, less pleasing picture. I would highly recommend the 4k disks if youre viewing on a TV greater than 55 inches.

The mediocre picture can easliy be redeemed by changing settings on your TV. With LG TV’s (which are the only TV’s you should be buying) if you raise the amount of red to 15, green to 10 and blue to 5 and then change the luminance of red to 17, green to 11, blue to 7, cyan to 8, magenta to 9 and yellow to 14 (my personal favourite settings, you can alter them to what you prefer) then you should have a great looking picture with colour that pops out at you and doesnt make it too unrealistic whilst being almost alluring to the eye – thats if you have all the other picture setting right before hand. If you do it right Smaugs flames looks and almost feel warm and gold looks more realistic and less whitewashed like how most TVs make it look – this is due 60-70% of the brightness from the TV is from and additional white pixel added into the RGB which makes most things look too pale and white, blacks looking grey etc. This is impossible to completely fix as you cannot take the white pixel out but it helps to compensate for the increased white.

Overall, I recommend for the price, unless you have a large TV or is not on sale.

I’m not sure this series of films can be beate

I’m not sure this series of films can be beate

Love lords of the rings and the hobbit price was 35 nearly half price on blu-ray so i got it worth the money well packed on time