Vax W86-DP-B Dual Power Carpet Cleaner, 2.7 Litre, 800 W, Grey/Orange [Energy Class A]

Dual power dh asdf rapid power revive rapid power plus
Brush System Dual Brushbar AQUASPIN Brushbar Dual Brushbar 5x SpinScrub Brushes 5x SpinScrub Brushes
Above Floor Cleaning
Edge-to-edge Cleaning
Quick Dry
Cleaning Reach 8m 6.7m 10.5m 10.5m 10.5m
Clean Tank Capacity 2.7ltrs 1.8ltrs 2.7ltrs 4.7ltrs 4.7ltrs
Dirty Tank Capacity 1.5ltrs 1.5ltrs 1.5ltrs 4.7ltrs 4.7ltrs
Tools Included Accessory Hose, Wash Tool, Pre-treatment Wand, Storage Bag Accessory Hose, Wash Tool, Crevice Tool, Storage Bag Accessory Hose,Powered SpinScrub Tool, Antimicrobial Tool, Wash Tool, Crevice Tool, Storage Bag
Solutions Included 250ml Platinum Solution 250ml Platinum Solution 250ml Ultra+ Solution, 250ml Pre-treatment Solution 250ml Platinum Solution 250ml Platinum Solution, 250ml Pre-treatment Solution, 250ml Post-treatment Solution

Dimensions: 31 x 32 x 111 cm; 5.8 Kilograms
Brand: Vax
Model: W86-DP-B
Colour: Orange
Colour: Orange

Purchased this item and two main handle assembly screws missing and after numerous calls Vax posted them.On assembly I noticed the upper cord storage hook was missing.Called Vax only to be told they could not supply as it was an old model and directed me to speak to Amazon.I was adised to return a whole unit for a small part missing,so much for saving the planet with all the costs involved,so beware of the age of a machine before buying as Vax will wash its hands of any responsibility.The machine,by the way does a great job but dread if I need any spare parts.

2. Jason Murdock says:

Our last carpet shampooer was a cylinder model and a pain to lug around, so after it broke decided to try an upright. This seems quite good and it has transformed a tired old living room carpet which was otherwise on the verge of being replaced. The dual brush action helps and certainly shows our normal Henry Hoover which I always thought quite highly of, isn’t doing a great job at all.
    A few things to be aware of, though…
    1. It is very noisy though I guess most carpet shampooers are.
    2. You cannot attach any tools to it, so no good for doing odd corners or stairs etc.
    3. The tanks are quite small and I had to refill the clean water tank twice to do a 20ft x 20ft living room carpet. Also not nearly as much water comes back out of the carpet as goes in.

It does also seem very lightweight in construction, with cheap looking plastic pedals and “deadman” for the water pump. Though I guess once the carpet is thoroughly cleaned it will only see use a few times a year.

3. CarlotaGibbs says:

4. Chandra says:

5. Brendan Hesse says:

Would have paid a bit extra for accessories to do stairs and other smaller areas like sofa. Carpets came up lovely. Need to take it slowly to get the best results so does take a long time but worked better than my previous older vax model.

6. LavonDeRougemon says:

his carpet washer from vax is absolutely amazing I only used it once and it brings up your carpets absolutely brilliant I bought some antibacterial carpet solution its magic in a bottle it’s a bit pricey but it does the job absolutely amazing its worth it if you have a carpet or rug that’s absolutely grubby and your thinking of chucking it out think again the vax duel power carpet brings them up good as new its really good on high traffic areas of the carpets in your home eg the hallway so if your thinking of purchasing a carpet shampooing machine buy the vax duel power it’s got rotating brush bars that rotate its spin scrub action is absolutely amazing I would highly recommend this machine

8. Diana says:

9. Carla says:

Used this Carpet cleaner for two large cream- coloured rugs. I went really slowly and followed the advice found in previous reviews plus the instructions. As they have not been cleaned for years, they needed a really good clean so it took me around 1 hour per rug 3 x 2m. The suction is amazing. Hardly any water left in the rug which meant quick drying time. All the stains came out and the rugs looked like new. Excellent result.

Easy to use with a good lifting handle. It does pick up a lot of fur and fibres which stick to the casing around the rollers and it would be better if you could clean that out easier. But I do find it very effective in cleaning my carpets.

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersI purchased this in October 2020 to replace a Vax Rapide I owned which was leaking. I clean my carpet every 12 weeks or so because it is lightly coloured and I have pets. After two uses of this machine I turned it on and the brushbars stopped rolling and I smelt burning. It turns out the belt has snapped. I contacted Vax who advised me this is wear and tear. Not what I expected from a machine used twice. I bought a replacment belt and changed it. Immediately upon switching the machine on it snapped staining my carpet with a grey metallic like stain and stinking the house out. Again I contacted Vax to be told maybe the brushbars need replacing. These are 20 a piece I managed to get one cheap on eBay and the machine worked once then the belt snapped again. So in less than a year I have gone through 2 brushbars and 4 belts. The machine is absolute crap. I have taken it to the tip and bought a Bissell instead. I do not recommend this. Another point to make is it is very difficult to clean the machine after use so it gets clogged up with dust and pet hair.

Just used this for first time today. Older version had given in after many years of use. I was pleasantly surprised (at the moment) how it has been improved. So much easier to clean after use too. Hope it lasts as long as my old one.

Stupidly put three identical, but only slightly different length screws in ONE BAG , only once you have been unlucky enough to thread the lower fixing without realising, then lose the smaller screw in the handle can you then start the fun of taking the handle to bits( not part of the install) and then plugging the over worn hole from the 1st screw with a cut down rawlplug so you can start again.

No parts list either, that would show the screws being different, beware!

14. JonahHaveman says:

Not really the best for stair usage and leaves carpet a bit damp if you use to much cleaning solution but definitely worth the money. Don’t be put off.

Accidental front room flooding rectified because of this, and rest of the carpets left clean. Would recommend to anyone given the price point.

15. LoganFrick says:

I honestly can’t get in touch with vax, purchased this off amazon used it and was amazing, cleaned it out and all was good, used it again 2 weeks later and on filling top tank, the water just poured out of it and all through machine, a little black rubber ring has came off but we can’t figure out we’re from, can’t believe it’s already broken, need help

16. Tina3273iww says:

We needed another vax machine as we had just got a puppy!
    This vax machine is great it’s much lighter than our old one
    Easy to set up with carpet shampoo
    Would definitely recommend

17. YolandaKaestner says:

I bought this as a cosmetically damaged item from Amazon, but had to return it because vital parts were missing. But I bought one elsewhere and am really pleased with it’s performance. Very bad areas of the carpets do need more than one treatment but that is to be expected. I used it with the Vax shampoo

Can’t rate it for stairs as i have none ,bought it with a damaged box ,so saved 25.00 ,product in perfect condition ,easy set up easy to use , straight out the box set it up & did my grubby hall carpet which looks a nice Platinum again & smells fresh , piles standing nicely & got a sheene to it, use it slowly & it will do its job well ,went over a couple of time’s toget moisture out , popped theheating on & dry within 90 mins ,happy with this purchase & performance ,couldnt believe the dirty water & gri

21. StaciaKang says:

22. GlindaFindley says:

My 9 year old carpet was looking very tired and I was thinking about getting a new one. As I have young grandchildren I thought I would buy this and give it a try. I’m very glad I did, my carpet looks great and it was very easy to use

23. ReginalFeagin says:

Golden Review Award: 2 From Our UsersFor 100 GBP, it does the job. We have two dirty polyester / plastic carpets and are renting. With a small dog he was scratching a lot so we wanted to clean. A professional clean would cost a few hundred so we grabbed this on sale.

It’s pretty bulky, although we can hide it away on a shelf in the boiler room, and hard to do corners, etc but it does the job.

From a full tank we can do an entire small bedroom, and need a tank and a bit for the main bedroom. This sucks up a lot of gunk, hair and dirt. Attached is the material and dirty water from a small room.

The machine struggles a bit with hair, it gets stuck around the roles and difficult to clean. There’s a pet version I saw after buying, maybe that’s better?

All in all, does the job: 4/5.

From 100 GBP: takes up a lot of dirt!

All in all, does the job: 4/5.

From 100 GBP: takes up a lot of dirt!

25. JohnI90bex says:

Once the Vax has been sorted it has cleaned out coffee, grease, tea out of our new carpets, top job….it’s light and portable and cleans sooooo much better than just using a vacuum cleaner alone…

As per the buying however, I brought a returned item for a bit cheaper, however upon opening it was missing 2 bolts to hold the unit together , I substituted these with some I already had and set it up to use, however once I’d filled it with water and put the reservoir back it proceeded to leak out water everywhere…. Turns out that a critical washer was also missing , I’ve managed again to sort with ingenuity and some rubber hose… And it works a treat now and no leaks…..

To sum up good product so far ,buy a unmolested, new,one as still worth the price and miss my problems…..

26. David Lintott says:

28. TangelaHutchins says:

Fabulous carpet cleaner, albeit not for stairs or upholstery as there is no attachment supplied, I don’t even if there is an option to add one ?

Positives:
    * Breeze to set up and use with fabulous results
    * Super light & easy to manoeuvre

Negatives:
    * A bit noisy
    * Can’t remove front section for cleaning without dismantling guard
    * No upholstery option

Overall a good 9/10, excellent results from what was a warehouse purchase – as good as new with only damaged packaging

30. JudithMUAuwu says:

* Super light & easy to manoeuvre

Negatives:
    * A bit noisy
    * Can’t remove front section for cleaning without dismantling guard
    * No upholstery option

33. Lisa DeCanio says:

Excellent product. This replaced an older cleaner I had which did last fifteen years so good service but this replacement is so much better with ease of use and so light to handle which is great for someone who is elderly.
    Congratulations on an excellent product.

34. DulcieAdamek says:

Product is good, but a serious issue which has occurred for us. The rubber washer that “plugs” between the clean water tank and the chassis has popped out. So there’s no watertight seal between the two, meaning water escapes out of the back of the machine (when tank is clipped in, and machine is not running or handle pulled to dispense).

I’ve put it back in a number of times, but it keeps coming out. So I may need to dismantle the unit, super glue it in.

Other than that, this does a great job of cleaning the carpets.

We bought this one as a “budget” and a “quick fix” solution (we’re aware there are more expensive units around), and honestly, I think it’ll do us for as long as it lasts.

Only fiddly think I don’t like, is dog hair gets stuck in the slit of the vacuum head (which sucks up the dirty water). I use wooden marshmallow sticks to separate it gently enough to allow me to use our shower hose to wash the hair out. I suspect there’s a animal machine which is on offer that can deal with hair, but we haven’t looked, but is something I’ll look out for when we’re in the market for a new machine.

35. PeggyP22rv says:

Other than that, this does a great job of cleaning the carpets.

It doesn’t work on the stairs so I bought the Vax spot cleaner for the stairs which it great. This one cleaned the carpets really well. I was shocked at the colour of the water. Quick and easy to use – I could assemble it myself easily and I am not good with instructions. Very good price. Does the job well. Happy customer.

This machine was purchased as a desperate measure as I couldn’t find anything better for the price.
    It is the fourth Vax washer I have owned, the first one I lost in a flood so I bought another the same as it did a good job however Having a Labrador I decided to upgrade to the platinum model which was a complete waste on money as it went rusty, despite thorough cleaning after each use, then the rotating wheels packed up then it packed up altogether and to cap it all Vax denied all knowledge of the machine when given all the numbers required. Any way I bought this one and it is ok, does the job. Mind you I went to a well known German supermarket and to my surprise there was the identical model 15 cheaper. What can I say?? At least buying from Amazon gives you buyer protection.

38. David Gewirtz says: